Dare I say the Gophers have looked pretty competent lately!

Beating an average team by one possession is a vast improvement.
Agreed, we defended better and shot it better with better ball movement. TOs still need to be reduced as we can’t count on shooting well.

I think it has been a combination of a bunch of things...opponents who are not elite and don't force tempo. Gophers playing better. More emphasis to utilize Payne inside...this makes us look way different than when he is outside of 3 and racing to beat his man to the rim...not good on so many levels...Payne can't shoot from outside or dribble drive, does not pass well...not a lot of value in that. He is a beast and creative around the rim.
Very helpful if Battle plays well.
To the guys bashing Battle...without him the other teams best defender will move up to shut down our next best offensive player...take away Garcia and who would be our next best offensive player? Probably Cooper right? That's now two new guys for the Gophers being defended by the other teams best defenders. Huge difference in people's ability to score.

...whoever it is likely won't score unless it is Ola Joseph...he is going to get his 10 pretty consistently. 17, 8, 11, 11, 11, 4, 0, 10, 8 in his last 10. That's 8.6 ppg. The zero was the Rutgers win and he only played 15 minutes....fouls? Doesn't rebound much as physical as he is...needs to add this. But he is a physical, hard worker on defense.

We need Payne, Ola Joseph and Henley to be Gophers.

I think it has been a combination of a bunch of things...opponents who are not elite and don't force tempo. Gophers playing better. More emphasis to utilize Payne inside...this makes us look way different than when he is outside of 3 and racing to beat his man to the rim...not good on so many levels...Payne can't shoot from outside or dribble drive, does not pass well...not a lot of value in that. He is a beast and creative around the rim.
Very helpful if Battle plays well.
To the guys bashing Battle...without him the other teams best defender will move up to shut down our next best offensive player...take away Garcia and who would be our next best offensive player? Probably Cooper right? That's now two new guys for the Gophers being defended by the other teams best defenders. Huge difference in people's ability to score.

...whoever it is likely won't score unless it is Ola Joseph...he is going to get his 10 pretty consistently. 17, 8, 11, 11, 11, 4, 0, 10, 8 in his last 10. That's 8.6 ppg. The zero was the Rutgers win and he only played 15 minutes....fouls? Doesn't rebound much as physical as he is...needs to add this. But he is a physical, hard worker on defense.

We need Payne, Ola Joseph and Henley to be Gophers.
Carrington plays defense and rebounds. Need all to return

We can squeak out close wins against bad teams when we have insane shooting nights.

Those of us that want to be optimistic have to get it all out of our systems now because as soon as the next loss comes the negative crowd will come roaring back and make fun of any of us that chose to find some enjoyment in this lost season :)

There are glimmers of hope for the future of the team under Johnson. All going to come down to who stays and who they add in the off season.
I'll bite . The last 3 games I have the most positive things to say.. the last 3 games for me do not diminish the absolute HORRID basketball we were subjected to. I still don't see Ben as the solution yet.. this team has a long long long way to go to be relivent in B1G hoops

Shocking that they're playing better when I've read time and time again that CBJ can't coach. It's almost like freshmen need experience to get better, who knew🤷‍♂️

Or that the team plays better with Garcia and Carrington both healthy and able to play. Inconceivable!

I'll bite . The last 3 games I have the most positive things to say.. the last 3 games for me do not diminish the absolute HORRID basketball we were subjected to. I still don't see Ben as the solution yet.. this team has a long long long way to go to be relivent in B1G hoops
Totally fair....just nice to see a little positivity around here for a change of pace :)

"Dare I say it?"

How dare you, sir!

Top Bottom