Conzemius had a terrible segment on KFAN this morning

I love when people use the exception to prove the rule!

There are many, many examples of non-BCS teams beating BCS teams. The reason Mich v App St stands out is because App St is not even a non-BCS team, they are a non-FBS team and they beat Michigan at the Big House AND it wasn't a bad Michigan team. That Mich team went on to beat Florida in the Gator Bowl I believe. Statistically yes, BCS teams still beat non-BCS teams but the % of upsets has risen.

It was a good segment this week. I didn't hear it last week but saw the poor reviews here. I was waiting for more of the same but it was a pretty good report and it covered a lot of ground for the time they had designated for it.

I only caught the second half of the interview in the car, after they had moved on to talking CFB in general. I remember thinking, "It's pathetic that Conzemius knows more about Ohio St. and Miami than he does Minnesota." I'll have to try to catch the podcast sometime this afternoon so I can hear the whole thing and see if he can redeem himself at all in my eyes.

It used to be nearly unthinkable for a BCS team to lose to a non-BCS team. Now, it's not considered an automatic win. It used to be totally unthinkable to lose to a I-AA team, but it happens a lot more than it used to . It used to be nearly unthinkable even to PLAY a I-AA team, now most teams do.

Top Bottom