Conference Championship Games Thread

If the CFP is not Michigan, Washington, Florida St, and Texas, I am done with college football.

It really has to be those four. I think the committee in most situations would still jump the SEC champ over almost any other 1-loss conference champion even with that head to head win over the SEC champ. A very small handful teams have enough clout to push that SEC champ out in a similar situation. I think Texas is one of them. Maybe Ohio State and USC too?

It really has to be those four. I think the committee in most situations would still jump the SEC champ over almost any other 1-loss conference champion even with that head to head win over the SEC champ. A very small handful teams have enough clout to push that SEC champ out in a similar situation. I think Texas is one of them. Maybe Ohio State and USC too?

There is no logical reason to include a SEC team. If they do, it’s rigged, and I am done.

I’ve said it since they went to this system:

If you don‘t win your conference championship, you don’t qualify.

If you don’t play in your conference championship, you don’t qualify.

it’s pretty simple.

There is no logical reason to include a SEC team. If they do, it’s rigged, and I am done.

The one logical reason they include the SEC is if they jump Alabama over Florida State. It wouldn't be much different than excluding an unbeaten G5 team given how the ACC might be the weakest Power 5 conference this year.

Not sure who the media team was for the KFAN tonight on the B1G Championship game but you would have thought the ref's were the reason for Iowa losing tonight's game. 2 blown calls by the refs anytime they discussed negative going against Iowa. No mention that their offense was pretty much going no where and couldn't find the redzone if they tried but it was all on the officials that Iowa wasn't in the game. Saw the one fumble that lead to the 2nd Michigan TD not sure what the other supposed blown call was.

The one logical reason they include the SEC is if they jump Alabama over Florida State. It wouldn't be much different than excluding an unbeaten G5 team given how the ACC might be the weakest Power 5 conference this year.
They can’t drop Florida state out of the top four after beating the number 14 team by 10 to stay undefeated. Ridiculous if they drop out just to keep a team from the sec in. Totally bogus. Texas also absolutely has to stay in ahead of alabama.

Almost everyone seems to think Alabama is in now. So Michigan, Washington, Bama and Texas is what almost everyone is saying it is.

Bama rising that much can be argued. Texas makes no sense.
Bama should not be in over a #4 13-0 FSU. Should be Mich, Wash, FSU and Texas. Let's see if the committee has the courage to do it.

If they do what is right.....Washington, Michigan and FSU should be locks for 3 of the spots with the 4th one up for grabs. That spot should then go to Texas because they beat Alabama head to head and Alabama beat Georgia.

However, like everyone else I will not be shocked one bit when Bama is announced as one of the final 4 teams. The only question will be if they screw Texas or FSU to put them in there. Texas is the easiest one to justify since Texas and Alabama were 7/8 in the CFP rankings heading into today and Bama beat the better team in their championship game. Now if they do what a lot of the experts are predicting and drop FSU out that would be some serious BS because you shouldn't be able to hose an undefeated power 5 team.

Bama should not be in over a #4 13-0 FSU. Should be Mich, Wash, FSU and Texas. Let's see if the committee has the courage to do it.
If they don’t they should be fired from their non committee job

If a big 12 AD, an ACC AD, a G5 AD, a Big Ten AD decide

Yeah let’s screw ourselves for the SEC, it’ll be pretty funny and may end the sport as we know it

My original post was referring to the “talking heads”. So the people on the halftime shows of Fox and ESPN. Unanimously had FSU out no matter what.
That's funny because the studio group on CBS were pretty sure FSU should get in if undefeated.

If they do what is right.....Washington, Michigan and FSU should be locks for 3 of the spots with the 4th one up for grabs. That spot should then go to Texas because they beat Alabama head to head and Alabama beat Georgia.

However, like everyone else I will not be shocked one bit when Bama is announced as one of the final 4 teams. The only question will be if they screw Texas or FSU to put them in there. Texas is the easiest one to justify since Texas and Alabama were 7/8 in the CFP rankings heading into today and Bama beat the better team in their championship game. Now if they do what a lot of the experts are predicting and drop FSU out that would be some serious BS because you shouldn't be able to hose an undefeated power 5 team.
If they do it, it’ll cost them money. I’ll never watch another non gopher game again. Because none of the games matter

Plus FSU is ranked #4.

This should be another simple cfp ranking. 3 undefeated power 5s and the next 4 teams (Texas, Bama, Georgia OSU in that order) are easy to rank
Texas: won head to head against #5
Bama: won the SEC title but lost to #4 at home
Georgia: loss against the #5, best win is Missouri and Ole Miss
OSU: loss to #1 but wins are less premier vs ND and PSU
Liberty the G5 champ

So fun to watch that Iowa offense as a Minnesota fan. I just laugh. What an embarrassment that offense is. Didn’t even really sniff getting past midfield. In all honesty, I truly think Iowa does better in that game if they punt on every first down.

CBS is a lot more rational than the other two networks
Yeah what made it even funnier is this was during the Bama Georgia game. The announcers were saying the winner was likely in the CFP, the opposite of the studio hosts.

The excuse is that was in week 2 so it’s not a big deal. Apparently not all games are equal.

The weird thing is so many acting like Alabama is playing so well. They had to convert a 4th and 31 to beat a bad Auburn team just last week.

Didn’t that same team lose badly to a certain sombrero-wearing epileptic?

Who's Saban's Sam Gilbert?
With NIL there are tens of thousands 'Bama "Sam Gilberts" that fill up Bryant-Denny Stadium every Home Saturday in Tuscaloosa.

I
So fun to watch that Iowa offense as a Minnesota fan. I just laugh. What an embarrassment that offense is. Didn’t even really sniff getting past midfield. In all honesty, I truly think Iowa does better in that game if they punt on every first down.
Yup —that Iowa offense does truly suck —but what a fantastic defense —one of the best in all of college football

Iowa fans whining about refs in game they lost and 26-0 and of course the invalid fair catch.

Anti Iowa conspiracy I tell you

Iowa fans whining about refs in game they lost and 26-0 and of course the invalid fair catch.

Anti Iowa conspiracy I tell you
I mean the Hill not fumble that they somehow decided Michigan recovers despite no one making an effort as it’s been blown dead effectively ended the game. One of the worst calls I’ve seen in awhile. That said, Iowa isn’t winning that game

Watching the offenses in these two games tonight make me drool compared to what the Gophers do on offense. It’s maddening.
That’s great, but if the defense is fundamentally sound, a lot of what they do doesn’t shift an Iowa, Michigan, Penn State or tOSU defense into trouble.

We’ll see what those offenses look like next year against sound defense.

Let’s see how Washington shows in the playoff.

According t the Iowa coaches, the explanation given, “ the arm was going forward, but not the hand”. The whistle blow so they(Iowa) stopped. The QB was quoted as saying he stopped and didn’t try to get on the ball after hearing the whistle". Sad

According t the Iowa coaches, the explanation given, “ the arm was going forward, but not the hand”. The whistle blow so they(Iowa) stopped. The QB was quoted as saying he stopped and didn’t try to get on the ball after hearing the whistle". Sad

At best the officials could argue it was in question, but then it’s a forward pass, incomplete.

This is the actual rule:

Forward and Backward Pass
ARTICLE 2.
  1. A pass is forward if the ball first strikes the ground, a player, an official or anything else beyond the spot where the ball is released. All other passes are backward passes. When in question a pass thrown in or behind the neutral zone is forward rather than a backward pass.(Exception: Games using Instant Replay)
  2. When a Team A player is holding the ball to pass it forward toward the neutral zone, any intentional forward movement of his hand or arm with the ball firmly in his control starts the forward pass. If a Team B player contacts the passer or ball after forward movement begins and the ball leaves the passer’s hand, a forward pass is ruled regardless of where the ball strikes the ground or a player (A.R. 2-19-2-I).
  3. When in question, the ball is passed and not fumbled during an attempted forward pass. (Exception: Games using Instant Replay)

I mean the Hill not fumble that they somehow decided Michigan recovers despite no one making an effort as it’s been blown dead effectively ended the game. One of the worst calls I’ve seen in awhile. That said, Iowa isn’t winning that game
Taylor lost out on some punting yards

Top Bottom