Colorado St RB Treyous Jarrells quits over medical marijuana

Do you think it might be because A) the gov't has severely restricted research on it, and B) health professionals don't want to lose business? You'll ALWAYS need to go to a doctor to get the opiod Rx's, but not so much with mj. Doctors want repeat visits more than they want to cure you and have you move on.

That is not the case with the overwhelming majority of physicians.

Yeah, he's probably just a stoner at that age. Sixteen years of football, are you ****ting me?

At risk of being that guy...setting the record straight ibuprofen or naproxen, especially if you're a chronically dehydrated athlete can fry your kidneys. Liver issues are very rare, but that brings us to Tylenol.

Tylenol can be overdosed. Large amounts/mixing with alcohol use can deep-six your liver.

If marijuana works, whether biochemically or through a placebo or de-stressing/relaxation effect then I'm all for it. Pain sucks. Some say there is a risk of long-term cognitive slowdown especially in young people, and in chronic users 2-fold increase in psychosis, eg schizophrenia, ie Howard Hughes.

That is not the case with the overwhelming majority of physicians.

Completely agree. In fact with the new payment for performance it's more beneficial to prevent repeat visits (at least on the in patient side).

I'm a little concerned that this kid may have had to go the non traditional route to address his pain.

If that is what he had to do then maybe football shouldn't be his thing at this point.

I mean there's pain, and then there is having to go the extra mile to do something different about it.

I'm a little concerned that this kid may have had to go the non traditional route to address his pain.

If that is what he had to do then maybe football shouldn't be his thing at this point.

I mean there's pain, and then there is having to go the extra mile to do something different about it.

I'm actually happy he didn't come away addicted to opioids. More of a problem today than marijuana use (in my opinion..). Marijuana doesn't come without side effects and consequences but compare it to legal medications (vicodin,percocet, etc) and legal drugs (alcohol and nicotine) it's fairly benign.

I'm actually happy he didn't come away addicted to opioids. More of a problem today than marijuana use (in my opinion..). Marijuana doesn't come without side effects and consequences but compare it to legal medications (vicodin,percocet, etc) and legal drugs (alcohol and nicotine) it's fairly benign.

True.

My concern is more along the lines that he has chronic pain for football, had to take some extra steps that other football players don't to address it.

Maybe not playing is the best choice at this point... and he can use what he wants.

True.

My concern is more along the lines that he has chronic pain for football, had to take some extra steps that other football players don't to address it.

Maybe not playing is the best choice at this point... and he can use what he wants.

I understand what you are saying but if the rules were different could he still be playing and still be successful? If so, he would be trading one class of "medication" for another. It's no secret pain killer use is wide spread. If a guy could do it more natural with marijuana vs something synthetic designed to be addictive I'd be all for it. I only played highschool football but I was sore until at a minimum Tuesday after each game. Middle to end of the season was banged up through the next game. Human body was not designed for football. That is obvious.

Dude's a stoner and just doesn't want to play football anymore. Instead of just admitting he was quitting because growing weed in his basement and staying high 24/7 was what he wanted to do, he concocted this nonsense that makes him a marijuana martyr/advocate. Reminds me of Royce White & his "mental health protocol" nonsense.
Wow, your ability to read this kid's mind is amazing! You know what he's thinking & can tell what his inner motivations are! You're some sort of damn wizard, aren't you?!? ; ) Lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I understand what you are saying but if the rules were different could he still be playing and still be successful? If so, he would be trading one class of "medication" for another. It's no secret pain killer use is wide spread. If a guy could do it more natural with marijuana vs something synthetic designed to be addictive I'd be all for it. I only played highschool football but I was sore until at a minimum Tuesday after each game. Middle to end of the season was banged up through the next game. Human body was not designed for football. That is obvious.

If the rules were different they'd be different.

I'm just concerned this guy might be suffering more than others and long term covering it even with something as harmless as pot might result in worse results for him.

I don't care about pot, I care that this guy seems like he might have had to take extra measures and long term wise playing football might be a bad thing for him.

The dude loves weed more than football. I don't blame him for that, but I think you're a sucker if you buy his "this is for my chronic pain", poor me, routine. He just LOVES smoking weed 24/7. He sports the pot leaf sunglasses, has a grow operation in his basement and couldn't even practice or play games without blazing up. His dream is not the NFL, it's to be a legal drug dealer. He said his brothers were kicked out of school for weed. Did they have "chronic pain" too? He even admitted his classwork has slipping and that he was worried he'd get caught, so in order to keep his financial aid, he had to do something and weed martyr is it. Look how many people are lapping it up too. It's just like when Royce White refused to fly after cashing his Rockets signing bonus & being sent down to the NBDL. Instead of putting in the work, he quit, but didn't want to admit he was a quitter.

"He didn’t want to be remembered as a stereotype — an athlete who burned out of football because of marijuana"

Normal analgesic (yes I just wanted to say anal I could have said pain) is 400-600mg/dose. Maximum dose is 3200 mg/day which would be prescribed as 800 mg 4x a day and is VERY RARELY ever prescribed that way. 1000mg/dose I have never seen, not a single time. That's not to say people don't take more than they are suppose to. Just because something is OTC doesn't mean its completely safe, Ibuprofen can actually be a fairly dangerous medication along with its OTC pain rival Acetaminophen. If football players are taking more than they should at a time, that is not good.

My father-in-law was OD'd on ibuprofen by Methodist and almost killed. Power play Pat needed a kidney transplant because OTC pain killers killed his kidneys.

I heard somewhere that Windex was a cure-all. Don't forget magnets too. Or copper bracelets.

Too many layers I guess. Tumeric is common in curry. Curry is popular in the carribean,...

All jokes aside, many pharmaceuticals are based on herbs.

The dude loves weed more than football. I don't blame him for that, but I think you're a sucker if you buy his "this is for my chronic pain", poor me, routine. He just LOVES smoking weed 24/7. He sports the pot leaf sunglasses, has a grow operation in his basement and couldn't even practice or play games without blazing up. His dream is not the NFL, it's to be a legal drug dealer. He said his brothers were kicked out of school for weed. Did they have "chronic pain" too? He even admitted his classwork has slipping and that he was worried he'd get caught, so in order to keep his financial aid, he had to do something and weed martyr is it. Look how many people are lapping it up too. It's just like when Royce White refused to fly after cashing his Rockets signing bonus & being sent down to the NBDL. Instead of putting in the work, he quit, but didn't want to admit he was a quitter.

"He didn’t want to be remembered as a stereotype — an athlete who burned out of football because of marijuana"
Wow, another mind reader! I didn't know there were so many people with psychic powers in this room. But since you clearly know, for a fact, what his motivations are & know how much pain he's in, you must have mind reading powers. I'm impressed...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom