Colorado players burgled again (or robbed according to their coach)

Almost as bad as busybodies telling other people how they should spend their money.
In general, I really do appreciate what you’re saying here. However, there seems to be a gulf between his scorn, on this message board, and your response.

Bling, and its desire, to fabricate image, is the bane of my existence. I am an insurance fraud investigator…. What is important to people baffles me.
I know someone senior in that line of work for a major national outfit. I’ve told him many times he needs to write a book. You’re right, people are wierd - and greedy AF. And most of them aren’t good at crime, LOL.

The $30K millionaire was a thing in the early 00s. Young guys faking it till they make it during the last economic boom. Dirty Scottsdale memorialized that whole culture, the bimbos, cars, bling. Merciless scorn. No different here, except instead of leased cars and expensive clothes it’s jewelry, expensive clothes.

I get it, the peer pressure thing is strong. Still really, really objectively stupid to basically torch money unless you’re sure an NFL career is waiting.

I know someone senior in that line of work for a major national outfit. I’ve told him many times he needs to write a book. You’re right, people are wierd - and greedy AF. And most of them aren’t good at crime, LOL.

The $30K millionaire was a thing in the early 00s. Young guys faking it till they make it during the last economic boom. Dirty Scottsdale memorialized that whole culture, the bimbos, cars, bling. Merciless scorn. No different here, except instead of leased cars and expensive clothes it’s jewelry, expensive clothes.

I get it, the peer pressure thing is strong. Still really, really objectively stupid to basically torch money unless you’re sure an NFL career is waiting.
I likely am familiar with your acquaintance. It’s not a big circle.

That was a burglary and not a robbery. A robber takes it from you by force. A burglar takes in by sneaking in or breaking in when nobody is there

Flashing his watch to the Colorado State crowd. It's like, here it is .... try to take it. View attachment 27986

"We’ve just got to get him a lucrative watch deal...He can’t keep doing it for free … We gotta capitalize now. He is my son. Gotta capitalize on the moment, right?"
-Deion Sanders

Reason #50 why I hate where college athletics are going.
And, reason #100 why I dislike Deion Sanders.

Robbed “again.” Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I know it is their right to do so … but why would a bunch of college players wear tens if thousands of dollars in jewelry to an away football game with an insecure locker room? Solution: Colorado football brings a heavy safe to the game; jewelry goes into safe; two cops guard safe. You’re welcome.
Because they're dumb, and narcissists.

That was a burglary and not a robbery. A robber takes it from you by force. A burglar takes in by sneaking in or breaking in when nobody is there
You are correct. Fixed the thread title.

I know it is their right to do so … but why would a bunch of college players wear tens if thousands of dollars in jewelry to an away football game with an insecure locker room? Solution: Colorado football brings a heavy safe to the game; jewelry goes into safe; two cops guard safe. You’re welcome.
I say keep the safe and guards on the sideline like on a game show. The camera can cut to it every commercial break.

Also, the players can put on the jewelry when they are not on the field.

Remember that huge dude with the F around and find out shirt? Leave him in the locker room during the game. Problem solved.

I assure you, “fake it till you make it” doesn’t belong to any generation, but is an enduring part of the human condition.

I assure you, “fake it till you make it” doesn’t belong to any generation, but is an enduring part of the human condition.

IMO the Protestant Scandinavians that populated swaths of the upper Midwest were/are a bit less showy. I am familiar with more than a few well to do professionals and business owners that eg drove beaters on work days to keep down appearances. It was/is frowned upon to be a pompous ass peacock as a grown man. Other cultures celebrate that. 🤷‍♂️

I agree that’s slipped in recent decades, even in MN.

LA county. In all seriousness I wonder if and what charges will be pursued. Kind of a free for all rn.

Top Bottom