College football Super League

Well, hypothetically, the conferences wouldn't have a choice. It'd be the "elite" football schools talking amongst themselves and breaking away from their existing conference to form this new "super conference." That's the most realistic way I see something like this happening at least without a complete blow up of the NCAA.

It'd actually probably end up being a decent basketball conference too if I think of the schools that would be interested in something like this. Not the best, but respectable.
Not only hypothetical, but a complete pipe dream. Other than SEC, P5 Conferences have either exit fees or grant of media rights that lock schools into the conferences. The cost to exit would be extremely high.

Not only hypothetical, but a complete pipe dream. Other than SEC, P5 Conferences have either exit fees or grant of media rights that lock schools into the conferences. The cost to exit would be extremely high.
How did the conference reshuffling that took place several years ago work? If Nebraska can afford to bail on the Big 12, I don’t see how Ohio State couldn’t afford to bail on the B1G.

How did the conference reshuffling that took place several years ago work? If Nebraska can afford to bail on the Big 12, I don’t see how Ohio State couldn’t afford to bail on the B1G.
The amounts were a lot less back then, if there were agreements/exit fees in place. Nebby left for just over $9 million. The flurry of realignment after led to these agreements, like MD leaving the ACC. Go brush up on grant of media rights clause. It would mean a lot for schools.

What would it take for Minnesota to replace Nebraska or Michigan State? We have history. In 2019 we had ratings and fans. If we made a run of 3 or 4 great seasons with 1 amazing one would that be enough to get in? Would we even have a chance? Would we need an administration that went all in for football financially? Curious.

Last edited:

What would it take for Minnesota to replace Nebraska or Michigan State? We have history. In 2019 we had ratings and fans. If we made a run of 3 or 4 great seasons with 1 amazing one would that be enough to get in? Would we even have a chance? Would we need an administration that went all if for football financially? Curious.
??

Leaked rendering of proposed headquarters...

Attachments

• legion of doom.jpeg
    legion of doom.jpeg
    14.5 KB · Views: 3

What do you consider the $500 million+ investment over the last dozen years?

Our $500 million dollar investment was largely spent to "catch-up" with the other B1G schools. Doing this through TCF Bank, Athletic Village and having competitive coaches. This was hardly an "all in" show of support. Now if PJ does what I think he will do, they will have the opportunity to demonstrate they will support this team. I am not convinced "The U" will ever support the program the way it will need to be in order to sustain a program of excellence.

Last edited:

Top Bottom