Collection of tweets after Gophers win

These are awesome. I just wanted to quickly note how many tweets include some reference to RTB. People on this board who think that phrase is Fleck self-promotion are so far off the mark it's crazy. It's the team's brand now...and moving towards a state brand. Might it leave when Fleck leaves? Probably, but for now it goes way beyond Fleck.

Idiots like this low life are exactly who Nick Saban was ranting about. This scumbag covers sports for a living and he is pretending to not understand that you win some and you lose some.

PJ is paid to win football games and he is doing it at a better rate and in bigger moments than anyone in my lifetime and it's not even close. Being a really good coach doesn't mean you win every week or even that your team plays really well every week.

The sports media in this town is a joke. They think cynicism makes them look intelligent. It usually works with the Gophers because the casual fans understand so little about college sports but to anyone who actually has a basic understanding of college sports they are transparent. They are just hacks. Lavelle is also a uniquely hilarious level of loser in his real life (shocking how those things go hand in hand).

Always remember, Lavelle Neal spends his evenings drinking alone in a dumpy vomit-scented dive bar simping for fat trashy chicks in bikinis who are cooking frozen pizza.
Everyone thinks they’re ESPN hot take guys or skip bayless

Lavelle is supposed to write great columns every week. I haven’t read more than one or two from him that I remembered 15 minutes after reading.

Lavelle is supposed to write great columns every week. I haven’t read more than one or two from him that I remembered 15 minutes after reading.
I have enjoyed his baseball appearances on KFAN. But his anti gopher takes are pretty pathetic.

I have enjoyed his baseball appearances on KFAN. But his anti gopher takes are pretty pathetic.
Same. Like his Twins coverage but I think he's struggling as a columnist.

Which city is this paper located in?

One more thing. What about OUR mistake, oh IDK, like surrendering a pick 6?!?!?

God, it’s so unbelievable the more you think about it. Ruined a lot of days for some journalists yesterday. And I usually - on balance - defend them, or at least respect their right to write what they will.

Make no mistake, yesterday wasn’t a fluky win. Saw some badger faithful complain that if Allen would’ve been healthy it would’ve been a different ballgame. The irony that we were on our 3rd/4th string RBs and lost a preseason All-American for the season was lost on them.

I remember in 2019 I knew we’d lose at halftime seeing how the WI lines were winning their battles. Last night it was the MN lines winning the battles and felt very different at half even though the score was similar to ‘19.

So sad. Actually - and I cannot believe I’m saying this - makes me a little wistful for Sid.

Even Polzin in Madison’s WSJ said yesterday was no fluke, and that our lines were better. Which was true.
Canceled my subscription to that rag 8 or 9 years ago. Which is sad because for many that have relocated to various parts of the country, there was a time when it was a great link to stay in touch with the home country. No longer, and that's unfortunate...

Idiots like this low life are exactly who Nick Saban was ranting about. This scumbag covers sports for a living and he is pretending to not understand that you win some and you lose some.

PJ is paid to win football games and he is doing it at a better rate and in bigger moments than anyone in my lifetime and it's not even close. Being a really good coach doesn't mean you win every week or even that your team plays really well every week.

The sports media in this town is a joke. They think cynicism makes them look intelligent. It usually works with the Gophers because the casual fans understand so little about college sports but to anyone who actually has a basic understanding of college sports they are transparent. They are just hacks. Lavelle is also a uniquely hilarious level of loser in his real life (shocking how those things go hand in hand).

Always remember, Lavelle Neal spends his evenings drinking alone in a dumpy vomit-scented dive bar simping for fat trashy chicks in bikinis who are cooking frozen pizza.
“Sports Journalism“ has been dead in this town long before the passing of the Gophers’ dear friend, Sid Hartman.

Reusse and Souhan are the ultimate click chasers. That is who they are. The Strib has no pest control in their budget. It’s sad. Rags have to survive the digital age any way possible. They sell ads based on clicks.

Remember Lavelle Neal is also the only baseball beat writer who didn't put Derek Jeter down on his first ballot hall of fame vote....

Last edited:

Make no mistake, yesterday wasn’t a fluky win. Saw some badger faithful complain that if Allen would’ve been healthy it would’ve been a different ballgame. The irony that we were on our 3rd/4th string RBs and lost a preseason All-American for the season was lost on them.

I remember in 2019 I knew we’d lose at halftime seeing how the WI lines were winning their battles. Last night it was the MN lines winning the battles and felt very different at half even though the score was similar to ‘19.
Keep hearing this crap about Allen not being healthy...what a load of bull....the D did a great job swarming him and taking away cut-back lanes. Everytime he touched the ball there were guys diving at his legs and taking him out.

The game plan on D was clearly take away Allen and make Mertz beat us....they did and he couldn't.

Chip is great!
Chip is one of the only good local sports guys. He is fair and tells it like it is. As opposed to the other hacks who just want to take shots and be negative. His talent is being wasted at the Trib, needs to find his way to the Athletic or some other reputable sports outlet as opposed to sticking with the joke that is our local paper.

Keep hearing this crap about Allen not being healthy...what a load of bull....the D did a great job swarming him and taking away cut-back lanes. Everytime he touched the ball there were guys diving at his legs and taking him out.

The game plan on D was clearly take away Allen and make Mertz beat us....they did and he couldn't.
Allen hasn’t been healthy for like 4 weeks. It’s not new. He was running people over banged up prior to this week anyways

“Sports Journalism“ has been dead in this town long before the passing of the Gophers’ dear friend, Sid Hartman.

Reusse and Souhan are the ultimate click chasers. That is who they are. The Strib has no pest control in their budget. It’s sad. Rags have to survive the digital age any way possible. They sell ads based on clicks.
As a counter balance:
-Chip
-Jon Krawczynski
-Russo
-Goessling
-Courtney Cronin
-Britt Robson
-Gleeman

Coney Durr. You’ve got to love him. Gave his heart and sole to this program.

Started (basically) his career on a high note (first start in the 2016 Holiday Bowl in a BIG upset where we were massive (14.5 point if I remember correctly) underdogs).....and he's going out (almost....bowl game) on top with the Axe.

Gotta feel good.

Allen hasn’t been healthy for like 4 weeks. It’s not new. He was running people over banged up prior to this week anyways
Nobody is healthy late in the season but it is a massive cop out to say that the guy who went for 400 yards and 6 TD over the past 2 games was suddenly too injured to be effective, yet apparently he was healthy enough to run out there for the entire game.

Our run D was very good all year and they did a great job against Allen yesterday.

Nobody is healthy late in the season but it is a massive cop out to say that the guy who went for 400 yards and 6 TD over the past 2 games was suddenly too injured to be effective, yet apparently he was healthy enough to run out there for the entire game.

Our run D was very good all year and they did a great job against Allen yesterday.
Not debating that at all.
He is banged up. And had been playing well banged up until yesterday

Not debating that at all.
He is banged up. And had been playing well banged up until yesterday
I know we are on the same page on this one :)

Sure there is a lot of concern in Buckyville about the fact that in 3 of the last 4 years we have either beaten them or taken them to OT. Gotta be a reason, can't be because we are getting better.

These are awesome. I just wanted to quickly note how many tweets include some reference to RTB. People on this board who think that phrase is Fleck self-promotion are so far off the mark it's crazy. It's the team's brand now...and moving towards a state brand. Might it leave when Fleck leaves? Probably, but for now it goes way beyond Fleck.

If Fleck were to take another job....I think it would probably go with him. If he stays and becomes Minnesota's version of Barry Alvarez......it probably becomes a permanent Gophers Football tagline. Fleck has a unique opportunity to leave a legacy here. Something that probably wouldn't be possible at most P5 schools. FAR too early to know.....but the foundation is laid.

Top Bottom