Christmas wish: Demry gets in the Bowl game

wait!what?

Reaction score
That Demry gets into the game and proves he has the ability to QB for a BCS football team. thumbs down on going into the 2016 season with a confident Leidner as the starting QB.

I'm confused - you don't Leidner to be the starter, or you don't want Leidner to be confident. I guess I would rather have a confident QB as opposed to a QB who doubts himself - whether he is the starter or a backup.

Seriously, I think you mean you don't want Leidner going into the season thinking he has the starting QB job locked up. At least I think that's what you mean......

As far as Croft, in his admittedly limited playing time, I haven't seen anything yet that makes me say, "that guy should be the starter next season." As the risk of sounding like Yoda, wishing something was does not make it so.

I'm confused - you don't Leidner to be the starter, or you don't want Leidner to be confident. I guess I would rather have a confident QB as opposed to a QB who doubts himself - whether he is the starter or a backup.

Seriously, I think you mean you don't want Leidner going into the season thinking he has the starting QB job locked up. At least I think that's what you mean......

As far as Croft, in his admittedly limited playing time, I haven't seen anything yet that makes me say, "that guy should be the starter next season." As the risk of sounding like Yoda, wishing something was does not make it so.

In Croft's defense the games he did see playing time were the games our Oline was so bad any QB would look bad (the reason why leidner struggled also). I'd like to see him play some behind an Oline that played like they did in the iowa game. Mitch had a couple runs down the stretch where he got caught from behind that I think Croft would have easily taken to the house. His speed and running risk alone could help open up the rest of the running game. For clarification I say this hoping Leidner is our starter next year.

Also we have been burned by athletic QBs alot over the last few years. It would be nice to turn that table and have our QB escape a sack and run for a 1st down

well lender is getting foot surgery so you may get your wish.

I was hoping Leidner would get his surgery now and skip the bowl game so he would be healthier in the spring and summer.

TC said it was so. Although, I'm pretty sure it is after the Bowl game.

That's what i'm asking. I know he needs surgery but is he getting it before the bowl game as tdocious is saying?

Also we have been burned by athletic QBs alot over the last few years. It would be nice to turn that table and have our QB escape a sack and run for a 1st down

Has croft proven to be more athletic than a healthy Leidner?

That's what i'm asking. I know he needs surgery but is he getting it before the bowl game as tdocious is saying?

TC originally said after the season. I have not heard anything to the contrary.

That Demry gets into the game and proves he has the ability to QB for a BCS football team. thumbs down on going into the 2016 season with a confident Leidner as the starting QB.

I'm absolutely shock by this!

well lender is getting foot surgery so you may get your wish.

It doesn't sound like the surgery he is getting is anything major so unless something totally unannounced at this point happens he is getting the surgery after the bowl game.

For those wanting him to have it now that's nuts. The offensive staff is already working shorthanded, there is no way you would also want to introduce a true freshman starting QB into that mix. It is important that we do everything possible to come out of this game with the W so it would be crazy to take your only experienced QB out of the mix.

Oh man, I can't wait to see what kind of cutesy nickname you come up with for Croft. You're such a clever boy!

Is this a joke?

What have you seen from Demry that indicates he's faster (than a healthy Leidner)? If I remember right, Demry's HS highlights showed he was more of a pocket passer. When I attended fall practice he didn't really jump out to me as being fast either (but maybe he didn't get opportunities to show it).

I'm not saying he isn't a better athlete (or won't be at the same age) but I just haven't seen evidence of it.

What have you seen from Demry that indicates he's faster (than a healthy Leidner)? If I remember right, Demry's HS highlights showed he was more of a pocket passer. When I attended fall practice he didn't really jump out to me as being fast either (but maybe he didn't get opportunities to show it).

I'm not saying he isn't a better athlete (or won't be at the same age) but I just haven't seen evidence of it.

I'm not sure I can take you seriously if you think Leidner is faster than Croft. Even healthy Leidner is not fast so I'm assuming you are joking?

I'm not sure I can take you seriously if you think Leidner is faster than Croft. Even healthy Leidner is not fast so I'm assuming you are joking?

So you don't have to be fast to rack up 1100 career rushing yards as a QB in the B1G? A healthy Leidner has good north/south speed, he just doesn't have a whole lot of lateral quickness.

Leidner runs like a 4.8 forty. He consistently gets tackled from behind. He is not fast.

I'd just like to start the guy better suited to beating Directional Michigan. Any bowl win is good, and losing one to a directional school can't help recruiting.

Have we seen anything that shows Croft is equal or better at passing? If I recall, he was pretty bad in his limited time throwing the ball.

Have we seen anything that shows Croft is equal or better at passing? If I recall, he was pretty bad in his limited time throwing the ball.

Nope, but we are talking about croft being faster than leidner. Word thinks leidner is faster than croft.

I have. At virtually every practice I have attended.

It doesn't matter who starts. God could start at QB for the Gophers, and someone would come on here and start screaming that the backup QB is better and should be starting. (BTW, God's 40-yard dash is angel-timed.......)

I have. At virtually every practice I have attended.
Practice?... we talkin bout practice?

We've seen time and time again throughout the years players who are "great" in practice but can't play on gameday. Wake me when it's real.

Practice?... we talkin bout practice?

We've seen time and time again throughout the years players who are "great" in practice but can't play on gameday. Wake me when it's real.

LOL. You asked if anyone has seen anything that would make us think DC11 is a more accurate passer than ML7. I offered something I've seen that indicates he may be. You give it no validity because it was practice, but have concluded something based off the extremely limited garbage time play he had this year. Good Talk.

Top Bottom