Chris Autman-Bell injury

If Autman-Bell is out, we still have these kids waiting in the wings (minus Autman-Bell). Yes, we lose experience, but there are kids itching to show their worth.
WR2.png
WR1.png

The angle when he reached back reminds me of when I tore my meniscus.

I feel horrible for the kid. Did everything right, waited his turn and played his ass off. Welp boys, it looks like Wright's role and importance have changed overnight. He is now WR1 and we have MBS as WR 2. I think Wright is a legit NFL prospect, but, if Chris is out, then we will see teams try to double and take away Wright on the outside. Hopefully Daniel Jackson can come back because we will need playmaking on the outside.

I've always thought once the big 10 starts we were going to see the box stacked just like last year. We will either be able to pass it rather well or we won't. that's your season right there.

Our defense and run game will be good. The passing game makes me nervous.

People saying they saw him walking around on the sidelines after with no assistance. I need to know the truth. Is it serious or not?! Imaging would be done anyway no?

I am not a doctor, but I play one on message boards. Didn’t look like a joint injury, they’re weren’t checking his knee either - weren’t doing the drawer test. Kinda looked like they were squeezing the bone, wonder if it is the fibula? He kinda went awkwardly on his heel, so he calf wasn’t flexed either.

I think I have to take the blame for this. I bought a ticket to Indy 30 minutes before he tore his knee/leg up. Figured I would fleece a Buckeye/Michigan fan for a couple hundred bucks if we don’t make it.

People saying they saw him walking around on the sidelines after with no assistance. I need to know the truth. Is it serious or not?! Imaging would be done anyway no?
Radio said he didn't come back on the sideline but they could be wrong. Sure it wasn't a different #7?

I was looking for Bell on the home side with binoculars the second half …. never saw him ☹️

all we can do is hope for the best. If it's not a season-ending injury - let's say he's out for 2 months. that gets him back in time for IA and WI.

If it is a season-ending injury, then other receivers will have to fill new roles.

my initial thought - BSF suddenly becomes - if not the #1 option - possibly the #2 option. work the middle with BSF and try to get the out routes open for other receivers, with Wright as the deep threat.

If it is serious, next men up. There are a number of very capable receivers that Morgan looks to after Autman-Bell. Really, there should not be much of a drop off... for example see the TD catches today by Geary and Jackson. Spann-Ford could also use more targets.

If it is serious, next men up. There are a number of very capable receivers that Morgan looks to after Autman-Bell. Really, there should not be much of a drop off... for example see the TD catches today by Geary and Jackson. Spann-Ford could also use more targets.
If Bell is out for any extended time Dylan Wright needs to grab this opportunity and breakout in a big big way. He has the ability, everyone can see it. Now he just has to put it all together and become the bigtime weapon he can be.

If Bell is out for any extended time Dylan Wright needs to grab this opportunity and breakout in a big big way. He has the ability, everyone can see it. Now he just has to put it all together and become the bigtime weapon he can be.
Dylan Wright always seems covered to me. He can jump, has a huge wing span for catching the ball, but I'm just stunned how he never really appears to get separation. He makes tough, acrobatic catches, I just wish he could clear space more. Maybe we start to see this.

I'm going to start some positivity here. The gophers win the west this year without CRAB. Much like Mo came back this year looking great, CRAB does the same for Athan next year.

Win/Win

Sparty's best wr just got hurt. He is their top offensive weapon.

Agree. And if we are hanging our receiving hat on one 6th yr Senior, that is a problem.

I feel horrible for the kid. Did everything right, waited his turn and played his ass off. Welp boys, it looks like Wright's role and importance have changed overnight. He is now WR1 and we have MBS as WR 2. I think Wright is a legit NFL prospect, but, if Chris is out, then we will see teams try to double and take away Wright on the outside. Hopefully Daniel Jackson can come back because we will need playmaking on the outside.
Brockington is catching balls. Normally a sixth year receiver wouldn’t need to be relied upon. We aren’t a passing team anyways.

Someone I know at the game says CRAB looks to be walking around on the sidelines without issue and without any sort of assistance, so hopefully that's a good sign
No, that was Bishop, who wears 7 on defense.

I was at the game and watching with binoculars. When they were taking him off the field, he appeared to be in tears. That does not bode well. He stayed in the tent until half, then after the team went in, they carried him into the locker room. He could not put much if any weight on the leg.

Heart really goes out to the young man. Put a real damper on an otherwise good ol' fashioned butt kickin'.

I'm going to start some positivity here. The gophers win the west this year without CRAB. Much like Mo came back this year looking great, CRAB does the same for Athan next year.

Win/Win
Isn’t crab already on his 6th year?

Who do we blame? morgan for throwing the ball behind him or PJ for playing him when the game is already won? My vote goes to PJ. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
How about we blame the fans bitching about how we weren't throwing enough...

Top Bottom