Chip: Fleck was miffed that a handful of players suffered cramps, calling the number "too many."

He flopped forward on the first down scamper because his calves gave out, I'm thinking.

Now what the hell would make the team crampy, in 80 deg weather??

I don't believe for a second that being indoors mattered or not. I don't think Fleck wanted to even go down that road, really, anyway. Hence why he cut the comment off.

Correct. It’s too bad.
Sept cramps kill teams at all levels and by October seemingly no one ever cramps

I can’t know from Fleck’s comments if he’s miffed at the players or his staff for not having a good enough nutrition and supplement protocol, or not babysitting the players well enough to follow the protocol. Some players are going to be prone to it but is Fleck wrong for being “miffed” about the QB going into full-body cramps.

Maybe stop the moronic sprinting from one end of the field to the other after every quarter??

cramping is frequently an issue in early-season games played at higher temperatures.

so does the team have a plan for dealing with cramping?

who is in charge of making sure that plan is followed?

was the plan followed?

If it was not followed, why was it not followed?

Warning - Speculation!! IF Fleck told someone to deal with this, and it was not dealt with, that would be reason to be "miffed."

I can’t know from Fleck’s comments if he’s miffed at the players or his staff for not having a good enough nutrition and supplement protocol, or not babysitting the players well enough to follow the protocol. Some players are going to be prone to it but is Fleck wrong for being “miffed” about the QB going into full-body cramps.
I’m not sure what he is miffed about and how miffed he is.

If he had just said, “ the cramps we had were frustrating and negatively impacted us in the game” he would’ve been spot on and no one would’ve taken exception. And IMO that would’ve been saying the exact same thing that he said.

Per Chip:

The reason that Kramer needed to be on the field left Fleck visibly annoyed after the game. Fleck was miffed that a handful of players suffered cramps, calling the number "too many."

"We can't be cramping up," he said. "It's unfortunate because that ultimately falls on me. I've got to figure out what we didn't do."

Go Gophers!!
It’s on the trainers’ staff and whoever oversees them. In that weather you require players to take fluids whether they want them or not.

Per Chip:

The reason that Kramer needed to be on the field left Fleck visibly annoyed after the game. Fleck was miffed that a handful of players suffered cramps, calling the number "too many."

"We can't be cramping up," he said. "It's unfortunate because that ultimately falls on me. I've got to figure out what we didn't do."

Go Gophers!!
Hydrate genius

Defense got outcoached. Couldn’t handle the no huddle well. Very disappointing.
Other things were on players. #7 blew two coverages on UNC’s first two scoring drives. I’m sure they didn’t teach deep half guy to abandon the deep half but still gotta get guys in the field who can execute.

Offensively it’s tough to say. I think we have to throw to win. AK holding the ball way too long.
Gousby got beat once and not by much. Took a perfect pass by Maye on the run. The second one totally on D staff which barely had 11 guys on the field and nowhere near ready for the play. No 7 is the unfortunate guy closest and trying to get back way too late. Was not his fault.

I’m miffed that Fleck takes the field in that J. Crew outfit. Is that his idea of elite? 🤔

I don’t get the cramping maybe it has something to do with the supplements the kids take nowadays. The first game I started in college. The temperature in the field was 115. Nobody cramped. The last thing that coach always told us after Friday’s pregame dinner was to hydrate and stay off our feet. We did that. I don’t ever remember a kid cramping. It’s not like 8 was running all over the field yesterday. I don’t know what possibly could’ve caused him to cramp up during the game. cramping aside, he didn’t show any intestinal fortitude at all. I think that’s the most disappointing thing.

Cramping? I would be a little more miffed that our QB missed open receivers on long balls, and short ones. I would be miffed that receivers didn't help the matter by dropping a few balls right in their hands. I would be miffed that my all world tight end was a non factor. There was a lot to be miffed about in this game and cramps are down the list a ways.
I'm going back to the complaints of past years (outside of last year) to get the ball to the TE!!! How about their issues inside the 10, why not the TE?

Seriously though, how many balls were thrown his way? The interception was a horrible pass and he obviously didn't handle it well either. Throws to the TE's are normally simple throws to make and when your QB is having issues, why not take some gimme's with a 6'7'' TE?

Gousby got beat once and not by much. Took a perfect pass by Maye on the run. The second one totally on D staff which barely had 11 guys on the field and nowhere near ready for the play. No 7 is the unfortunate guy closest and trying to get back way too late. Was not his fault.
I haven’t heard this much miffed talk since i was in middle school and my mom was miffed off at me all the time for being a little A-hole

Top Bottom