Chip: Fleck was miffed that a handful of players suffered cramps, calling the number "too many."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Chip:

The reason that Kramer needed to be on the field left Fleck visibly annoyed after the game. Fleck was miffed that a handful of players suffered cramps, calling the number "too many."

"We can't be cramping up," he said. "It's unfortunate because that ultimately falls on me. I've got to figure out what we didn't do."

Go Gophers!!

There was a lot of cramping in game 1 too if I remember correctly. Maybe it's something related to the warmups they do, or maybe they need to have the players drinking more electrolytes on and before game days.

Cramping? I would be a little more miffed that our QB missed open receivers on long balls, and short ones. I would be miffed that receivers didn't help the matter by dropping a few balls right in their hands. I would be miffed that my all world tight end was a non factor. There was a lot to be miffed about in this game and cramps are down the list a ways.

Cramping? I would be a little more miffed that our QB missed open receivers on long balls, and short ones. I would be miffed that receivers didn't help the matter by dropping a few balls right in their hands. I would be miffed that my all world tight end was a non factor. There was a lot to be miffed about in this game and cramps are down the list a ways.

The passing game has looked mediocre to inept most of the season.

Big brain take:
Being miffed at one thing doesn’t mean you aren’t miffed about other things

He should be. He and his staff got badly outcoached, and his team got badly outplayed.
Defense got outcoached. Couldn’t handle the no huddle well. Very disappointing.
Other things were on players. #7 blew two coverages on UNC’s first two scoring drives. I’m sure they didn’t teach deep half guy to abandon the deep half but still gotta get guys in the field who can execute.

Offensively it’s tough to say. I think we have to throw to win. AK holding the ball way too long.

Big brain take:
Being miffed at one thing doesn’t mean you aren’t miffed about other things
Reading 101. I said cramping was much less of an issue than the other things. Disagree, big brain?

Lots of guys cramping in the Colorado-CSU game last night also.
The Boulder situation is a lot more explainable than our case. Boulder’s altitude of 5,400 feet. While most people don’t experience altitude sickness below 8,000 feet, some feel the effect of the reduced amount of oxygen their bodies consume even at Boulder’s altitude. It’s due to less water vapor in the air, meaning that if you aren’t drinking a lot of water — as much as twice your normal amount is recommended you’re likely dehydrated.

The Boulder situation is a lot more explainable than our case. Boulder’s altitude of 5,400 feet. While most people don’t experience altitude sickness below 8,000 feet, some feel the effect of the reduced amount of oxygen their bodies consume even at Boulder’s altitude. It’s due to less water vapor in the air, meaning that if you aren’t drinking a lot of water — as much as twice your normal amount is recommended you’re likely dehydrated.
Ft. Collins is 5003 ft. Anyone on either of those teams should be acclimated.

A cynical view might be that it was a stall tactic as it seemed the CSU defense were the only players cramping and Deion often goes no huddle on offense.
Yeah, maybe. But the main guy i saw struggling with it was CSUs best defender, #9. Don't think they'd use him to employ that tactic.

Yeah, maybe. But the main guy i saw struggling with it was CSUs best defender, #9. Don't think they'd use him to employ that tactic.
I think you are referring to Kamara (#8) and it seemed like he was the recipient of some chippy hits perhaps as payback for the hit on Hunter. I saw a few other defenders go down seemingly with cramps and it seemed like it occurred only when Colorado was going no huddle. Buffs fans were noticeably annoyed.

Reading 101. I said cramping was much less of an issue than the other things. Disagree, big brain?
Probably was.
Fleck didn’t say it was the biggest issue.
Reading 101

I think you are referring to Kamara (#8) and it seemed like he was the recipient of some chippy hits perhaps as payback for the hit on Hunter. I saw a few other defenders go down seemingly with cramps and it seemed like it occurred only when Colorado was going no huddle. Buffs fans were noticeably annoyed.
Yes, Kamara. Good player. Guy was all over the field.

Intense pre-season conditioning and in-game hydration with electrolyte solution reduces the number of players with cramps.

Probably was.
Fleck didn’t say it was the biggest issue.
Reading 101

Sideline reporter said AK after coming out for the third quarter series was not only getting both calves massaged, but his throwing forearm. Drank some Gatorade, no IV. That’s a pretty extraordinary sequence of events and happenings. I thought maybe he had the wind knocked out of him instead. Would it have made a difference in terms of avoiding the mis-thrown post Kramer delivered; we’ll never know. Alternate timeline.

Sideline reporter said AK after coming out for the third quarter series was not only getting both calves massaged, but his throwing forearm. Drank some Gatorade, no IV. That’s a pretty extraordinary sequence of events and happenings. I thought maybe he had the wind knocked out of him instead. Would it have made a difference in terms of avoiding the mis-thrown post Kramer delivered; we’ll never know. Alternate timeline.
Correct. It’s too bad.
Sept cramps kill teams at all levels and by October seemingly no one ever cramps

Top Bottom