Chip: Fleck called it the "best" defensive line he's had as a head coach.

This D has to be the best in my lifetime.
That 1999 D will always hold a special place for me - Riley, Schlecht, Russ, Hoffman, TC....it was quite the group. That D-Line was amazing as well and of course TC was out there roaming around making tons of tackles.

This group is a lot of fun to watch though. Statistically they don't jump out as a great unit but there is no doubt from watching the games that the D is playing at a super high level and is a big reason why we have won the last 3 in a row. The only thing lacking is turnovers, if they could start forcing a few more of those the D would go to the next level.

That 1999 D will always hold a special place for me - Riley, Schlecht, Russ, Hoffman, TC....it was quite the group. That D-Line was amazing as well and of course TC was out there roaming around making tons of tackles.

This group is a lot of fun to watch though. Statistically they don't jump out as a great unit but there is no doubt from watching the games that the D is playing at a super high level and is a big reason why we have won the last 3 in a row. The only thing lacking is turnovers, if they could start forcing a few more of those the D would go to the next level.
99 was a damn good group.

Mafe has a chance to be the next Gopher 1st round draft pick.
I think Faalele is still more likely to go in the first round than Mafe. Will be interesting to see where Mafe ends up though. He could be really well suited to a 3-4 system with his quickness and pass rush ability.

Top Bottom