Chip: Fleck called it the "best" defensive line he's had as a head coach.

We’ve seen the gophers run a proper two minute. They obviously practice it—you’re being intentionally dense.

I didn’t agree with what they did at the end of the half. But fleck rarely asks me my opinion. Getting super angry on a message board won’t change what they do. Either will booing the team.

No one is complaining about the 23 straight runs that iced the game while expanding the lead
In which game did we run a proper 2-minute offense?

We tried twice at Bowling Green 😂. But the examples would be Georgia Southern and Fresno State in '19 and Purdue in '17. Probably more but that's what came to mind.

Co
The BG loss did not come down to a single decision.

It was the awful offensive game plan.
Coupled with the worst OL performance of the season. Our OL is the engine this season and if they don't show up, we'll likely lose the game.

Fleck has been the coach for like 60? games. We’ve run a proper two minute in a bunch of them. Lots in the first half. Fresno comes to mind as a really nice set of plays to end a game.

We tried twice at Bowling Green 😂. But the examples would be Georgia Southern and Fresno State in '19 and Purdue in '17. Probably more but that's what came to mind.
I know we had that under KC. The question and issue pertains to the current OC.

Fleck has been the coach for like 60? games. We’ve run a proper two minute in a bunch of them. Lots in the first half. Fresno comes to mind as a really nice set of plays to end a game.
Fleck / Sanford.

Fleck / Sanford.
If you want to keep moving the goal posts, changing the narrative and hoping I just tell you you’re right…

you’re right. Fire fleck. Can’t run a team. Can’t run an offense. If we get the ball in the final two minutes let’s work on a no huddle instead of kneeling it down. Yeah—it might fuck us over and cost us a game BUT imagine the joy seeing our two minute offense! I’ll take many many losses before being happy with simply dominating a game without opening up the playbook.

My dad was cold so once game was in hand he wanted to get going.
It was gorgeous on the sunny side... I wish I'd worn shorts. Cooled fast on the walk to the car though.

It was gorgeous on the sunny side... I wish I'd worn shorts. Cooled fast on the walk to the car though.
I’m on the sunny side but it cooled a lot when sun dropped behind the scoreboard. Lesson learned. Also my dad is not a young man so I’m just happy he is able and willing to come to games with me. He loves Gopher football and has since he was a lad. It’s why I love gopher football and sports in general.

I’m on the sunny side but it cooled a lot when sun dropped behind the scoreboard. Lesson learned. Also my dad is not a young man so I’m just happy he is able and willing to come to games with me. He loves Gopher football and has since he was a lad. It’s why I love gopher football and sports in general.
You are lucky. My dad was a huge fan and introduced me to Gopher football as a kid as well.... he passed at age 51 36 years ago. I wished I'd had the opportunity to return the favor to him.

You are lucky. My dad was a huge fan and introduced me to Gopher football as a kid as well.... he passed at age 51 36 years ago. I wished I'd had the opportunity to return the favor to him.
My dad is pushing 70. My mom passed at 47, so I do understand your pain (though in other aspects of life). I drive to St. Cloud, pick him up, we attend the game and I take him home. My favorite part by far is the 1 on 1 car rides, just like when we’d go to Twins, Wolves, Gopher and Vikings games when I was a kid

My dad is pushing 70. My mom passed at 47, so I do understand your pain (though in other aspects of life). I drive to St. Cloud, pick him up, we attend the game and I take him home. My favorite part by far is the 1 on 1 car rides, just like when we’d go to Twins, Wolves, Gopher and Vikings games when I was a kid
That is awesome.

You used the term...
I re-responded. I’m just not super broken up about a shitty series of play calls in an eventual blowout win. I think it was complete shit at the end of the half but had they made the kick it probably isn’t a focal point.

Did fleck expect the kick to be missed? No. Should he plan for that? I mean I guess he should but how?

I re-responded. I’m just not super broken up about a shitty series of play calls in an eventual blowout win. I think it was complete shit at the end of the half but had they made the kick it probably isn’t a focal point.

Did fleck expect the kick to be missed? No. Should he plan for that? I mean I guess he should but how?
But you used the term.

GA Southern last drive started with almost 4 minutes remaining. Fresno last drive started with almost 6 minutes remaining.

Big discussion for the Billds in picking seats when first offered at TCF. Mr. wanted the Home side and Mrs. wanted the Visitors.

Finally came down to "if you want me at games we will be in the sun."

Chose the sunny side and no regrets since. Yes, you have the hot of September and always the glare on the Visitors side, but that 10 or more real and perceived degrees difference in November is priceless...at least during day games.

I know it's a D-line thread, but did anyone catch Fleck say something about Andries possibly coming back next year to challenge Connor Olsons most games started. How nice would that be.
I haven’t heard that from Fleck. Where/when did he say that?

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled that they didn't take a shot at the EZ but if the kick goes in people would be far less up in arms about it. Got a little dicey but they did keep Maryland from getting the ball back before halftime which was important, maybe even more important than taking a shot there.....who knows.

I haven’t heard that from Fleck. Where/when did he say that?
It was during the post game press conference. He was asked about Connor and he mentioned Blaise could break the record if he comes back next year. Wouldn't read a ton into it, but who knows, maybe Blaise is considering another year of college.

GA Southern last drive started with almost 4 minutes remaining. Fresno last drive started with almost 6 minutes remaining.
So the examples are Purdue and Michigan State in '17 for end of game.

If you want to keep moving the goal posts, changing the narrative and hoping I just tell you you’re right…

you’re right. Fire fleck. Can’t run a team. Can’t run an offense. If we get the ball in the final two minutes let’s work on a no huddle instead of kneeling it down. Yeah—it might fuck us over and cost us a game BUT imagine the joy seeing our two minute offense! I’ll take many many losses before being happy with simply dominating a game without opening up the playbook.
No goal posts moved. No need to hyperventilate. Nobody worried about the offense under KC. The concern has developed since Sanford arrived.

So the examples are Purdue and Michigan State in '17 for end of game.
When in the Purdue game? So one example in the past 5 years? MSU game was at the 3 minute mark...

No goal posts moved. No need to hyperventilate. Nobody worried about the offense under KC. The concern has developed since Sanford arrived.
Sanford is bad, PJ made those calls Saturday though.

When in the Purdue game? So one example in the past 5 years? MSU game was at the 3 minute mark...
Purdue was in '17, Rhoda threw a pick six driving to tie. MSU game we needed two scores. Ran a two minute drive and didn't recover an onside kick with a minute left. I definitely think that counts as a two minute drive. I was never defending the point that we routinely run two minute drives, I was just providing drives.

What do you consider proper? I’ll take victory formation over needing points to win.
The Gophs have also run a few good 2 minute defenses along with a few good 2 minute offenses. Thanks Antoine and Howden. Supporting your argument that things are generally better than they are worse.

Top Bottom