Change in the air for Nebraska...

Since you are clearly a Nebraska fan I assume the ”we” must refer to them and you would be correct since your squad can’t even reach bowl eligibility playing in that god aweful division.
Ok?

I’ve used to really like Nebraska and as a kid wished they were in the B1G. Even after the slaughter they dished on us, I basically thought it was our job to stop them. But when they burned through a few good, but flawed (what D1coach doesn’t have one), U began to wonder if they’d again be a respectable program. Then Scott Frost came and exposed what a dump of a program they’d become. I openly cheered against them and celebrated their losses.

Now, Rhule is at the helm with the promise of good things to come. I’ll be happy If they do it within the loose bounds there are, but I’m not sure they can.

Since you are clearly a Nebraska fan I assume the ”we” must refer to them and you would be correct since your squad can’t even reach bowl eligibility playing in that god aweful division.
“…Anchorage away…”, Alaska! Montana State…Wyoming and now nebby!

“Go west young man.”.

Looks as if your interest in the Gopher Team has faded fast, Alaska. Really fast! Or, maybe you were just kidding about being a long-suffering Gopher fan.

Perhaps, you can add Utah to your list of back-up teams. But, wait: they just lost to that terrible NU team. No, not Nebraska, but the real NU, Northwestern.

Last edited:

As others have said, it’s the annual tradition of crowning Nebraska in the offseason, lol. They were improved under Rhule (especially on D), but this wasn’t some radical transformation. They still stunk on offense, committed untimely turnovers and penalties, and underperformed their talent level. I’m not convinced they’ll be a ton better next year, but I guess we’ll see.

I’ve used to really like Nebraska and as a kid wished they were in the B1G. Even after the slaughter they dished on us, I basically thought it was our job to stop them. But when they burned through a few good, but flawed (what D1coach doesn’t have one), U began to wonder if they’d again be a respectable program. Then Scott Frost came and exposed what a dump of a program they’d become. I openly cheered against them and celebrated their losses.

Now, Rhule is at the helm with the promise of good things to come. I’ll be happy If they do it within the loose bounds there are, but I’m not sure they can.
Other than the very first two years of the Big 12, which I fully acknowledge they were still in full Natty winning form (1996 and 97 seasons), the large bulk of Nebraska's glory over the 60's, 70's, and 80's was in the soft Big 8.

They'll never be able to recreate that specific bit of it, no matter how loose the rules get on who you can bring in and how you can do it.

They'll never be able to: get up for one tough non-conf game, waltz through the Big 8 season, and then get up for a major bowl game, as the season.

Other than the very first two years of the Big 12, which I fully acknowledge they were still in full Natty winning form (1996 and 97 seasons), the large bulk of Nebraska's glory over the 60's, 70's, and 80's was in the soft Big 8.

They'll never be able to recreate that specific bit of it, no matter how loose the rules get on who you can bring in and how you can do it.

They'll never be able to: get up for one tough non-conf game, waltz through the Big 8 season, and then get up for a major bowl game, as the season.
I imagine you’re right. Another important note is once they left for the B1G, they stopped playing regularly in Texas, which dried up an important recruiting area.

Top Bottom