Change in the air for Nebraska...

Great Plains Gopher

Reaction score
Nebbie recruiting: loaded up on defensive backs, receivers, tight ends, O linemen to go with Dylan Raiola at QB.

I said the moment they hired Ruhle... They would be better, just be thankful the divisions are gone and we don't have to listen to nebby fans clamoring over winning the West... Nebby will be a much much better squad

It's actually across a few teams there. They have a solid NIL operation going in all sports. Every bit helps. Valleyball #1 seed for NCAA tournament. Women's basketball signed a big fish in-state recruit. Wrestling is top 10.

And then they land a whopper of a QB, at least for this season. Will be interesting if he stays or heads to Georgia next season.

It's actually across a few teams there. They have a solid NIL operation going in all sports. Every bit helps. Valleyball #1 seed for NCAA tournament. Women's basketball signed a big fish in-state recruit. Wrestling is top 10.

And then they land a whopper of a QB, at least for this season. Will be interesting if he stays or heads to Georgia next season.
He won't go back to Georgia... He needs to be promised the starting gig .. it's why he decomitted

He won't go back to Georgia... He needs to be promised the starting gig .. it's why he decomitted

Yea, the story this year was the Georgia starter Carson Beck said he will be back for one last season. So next season he is gone, right? And the spot is open.

Gain one year of experience at Nebraska and then to Georgia. Or maybe not. He's acting like he's restoring Nebraska so would be even more a**head to leave after one season.

Yea, the story this year was the Georgia starter Carson Beck said he will be back for one last season. So next season he is gone, right? And the spot is open.

Gain one year of experience at Nebraska and then to Georgia. Or maybe not. He's acting like he's restoring Nebraska so would be even more a**head to leave after one season.

Georgia can just go get some other stud in the upcoming class - they may have dodged a bullet, based on his third person persona posting.

Also, he hasn’t done squat on the field yet.

Last edited:

Yep.

Nebraska might be uniquely positioned -- literally -- to be the biggest beneficiary of NIL in the country.

I've long held that they were in a uniquely frustrating position: so much former glory, and so much money from fans/boosters/alumni so desperate to get that glory back, yet failing to attract the level of player they needed to be competitive for the national title.

Kids just didn't want to go to Lincoln, Nebraska. Both figuratively and literally. And you couldn't pay a kid to go there, so they chose elsewhere.

Well .... now you can pay a kid to go there. And that they will do. Hand over fist.

Blah, blah, blah. Smell of the lot blows over. Story at 10.

Every year people make some big deal about how great they'll be next year. Call me when it actually happens.
I think the big difference is that Rhule can coach. I don't think it will amount to an immediate 180, but I think he's going to bring the program out of the recent doldrums.

Nebraska is BACK...... I actually like to see them doing well... if the Gophers cant keep up thats on them. Its cusk to have to root for other teams to do badly for us to try to Look good.

Nebraska is BACK...... I actually like to see them doing well... if the Gophers cant keep up thats on them. Its cusk to have to root for other teams to do badly for us to try to Look good.
Back to what? Continuing the streak of no bowls since 15? 16? Keep up? Gophers have been ahead of them for awhile now. Who roots for other teams to do bad so we look good? Is there one accurate item in your post?

Wait, what? What will happen to the surplus of “In Frost We Trust” wear?

Back to what? Continuing the streak of no bowls since 15? 16? Keep up? Gophers have been ahead of them for awhile now. Who roots for other teams to do bad so we look good? Is there one accurate item in your post?
Most of gopherhole survived on our other west opponents doing poorly so we can look better. What do you mean? The gophers have won games, but we all know they have underachieved and been a disappointment every years except 2019. We play in a good awful West division and still get beat by teams that are MAC level contenders.

Most of gopherhole survived on our other west opponents doing poorly so we can look better. What do you mean? The gophers have won games, but we all know they have underachieved and been a disappointment every years except 2019. We play in a good awful West division and still get beat by teams that are MAC level contenders.
Say i go along with that, Nebraska was worse fyi.

Nebraska Transfer Portal - #5 (out of how many Big Ten teams now, is that 24?)

How did Indiana get 2nd? Is that real? 23 commits. The age of NIL: Overnight renovate your lousy team, just like that.

1703458623642.png

Nebraska Recruiting: #6

Ohio State and Nebraska the only teams with 5 stars. Wow, tOSU has five -- and discussed in this forum.

1703458868940.png

Can't always believe these rankings but it's something.

I said the moment they hired Ruhle... They would be better, just be thankful the divisions are gone and we don't have to listen to nebby fans clamoring over winning the West... Nebby will be a much much better squad
Ruhle?? We're talking about player acquisition.

Since you are clearly a Nebraska fan I assume the ”we” must refer to them and you would be correct since your squad can’t even reach bowl eligibility playing in that god aweful division.

Top Bottom