Champlain Park native/Illinois St. transfer Josiah Strong to visit Gophers

Going to disagree on that.
What is your opinion of them?

Cooper seems like more of the facilitator/distributor type (5.9 assists per game), while McIntosh seems more like a ball dominant combo guard.

Cooper played on the better team (23-11, lost in the 1st round to Murray State). Elon was 10-22, but they played more high majors than Morehead State.

Slight worry that all the games goosing Cooper's assist totals were against total creampuffs: 12 against Transylvania (???) and Presbyterian, 10 against Georgia Southern and Tennessee State, but only 2 each against Auburn and Murray State in losses. He had 6 assists and 4 points on 1/4 shooting in their other game against Murray State. I watched one highlight tape and it seemed like a lot of the assists were dump offs to the physically dominant Johni Broome who dunked it on overmatched players.

Fun little stat...Cooper had 23 blocks! Impressive for a point guard (albeit 6'4").

I think I would probably go with Cooper based on his size, coming from a winning team, and that facilitator skill set.

Cooper seems like more of the facilitator/distributor type (5.9 assists per game), while McIntosh seems more like a ball dominant combo guard.

Cooper played on the better team (23-11, lost in the 1st round to Murray State). Elon was 10-22, but they played more high majors than Morehead State.

Slight worry that all the games goosing Cooper's assist totals were against total creampuffs: 12 against Transylvania (???) and Presbyterian, 10 against Georgia Southern and Tennessee State, but only 2 each against Auburn and Murray State in losses. He had 6 assists and 4 points on 1/4 shooting in their other game against Murray State. I watched one highlight tape and it seemed like a lot of the assists were dump offs to the physically dominant Johni Broome who dunked it on overmatched players.

Fun little stat...Cooper had 23 blocks! Impressive for a point guard (albeit 6'4").

I think I would probably go with Cooper based on his size, coming from a winning team, and that facilitator skill set.
Monster game!

I would take Cooper as well. I have heard McIntosh was a done deal. McIntosh assist to turnovers worry me. Also he led his team in shot attempts. I rather a point guard who is comfortable being the 3rd or 4th option.

Last edited:

I would take Cooper as well. I have heard McIntosh was a done deal. McIntosh assist to turnovers worry me. Also he led his team in shot attempts. I rather a point guard who is comfortable being the 3rd or 4th option.
That stat bothered me to, but I just don’t have enough context. I don’t know Elon’s offense. I’ll trust Ben’s staff eval until they prove me wrong I guess.

McIntosh have a visit set?

Last edited:

They look worse than McIntosh almost across the board
I think the Morehead PG's stats look quite a bit better than McIntosh's stats. He is a slightly worse shooter but seems quite a bit better at every other phase of the game. I have no idea who is better, but just looking at the numbers.

Top Bottom