Champlain Park native/Illinois St. transfer Josiah Strong to visit Gophers

Is he a combo guard or just a shooting guard.

Is he a combo guard or just a shooting guard.
He’s more of an undersized SG imo. He is def not 6’4. If we need him to run the point he is capable but he’s hunting points more than distributing

He’s more of an undersized SG imo. He is def not 6’4. If we need him to run the point he is capable but he’s hunting points more than distributing
So if he has/gets a commitable offer and commits they still need two that can play big PG minutes.

So if he has/gets a commitable offer and commits they still need two that can play big PG minutes.
That's not going to happen. Guessing Strong/Carrington will play backup PG.l for 8-15 minutes a game which is fine IMO

We will have a very powerful name game if we grab him.

Strong, Payne, Battle, Fox, Ramberg, unfortunately we don't have Coffee, Curry or Charlie Daniels anymore.

Last edited:

I would bet he would be the final one. Especially if he is in town now. I know McIntosh fiancé has been working on teaching jobs in the area so that must be a good sign
This is exactly the type of content I come to gopher hole hoping to see. I want ears to the ground. Everything else is just noise to me.

I mean if that’s what you want to call it. Someone who works at EP asked if I knew who he was bc his fiancé is on the verge of being hired as a teacher
Wow, that would show it has been in the works for a while. In my experience with teaching jobs, there is at minimum a several week lag between posting the job, conducting interviews, and making the final decision.

I would bet he would be the final one. Especially if he is in town now. I know McIntosh fiancé has been working on teaching jobs in the area so that must be a good sign
He will have the first chance at it. If he wants it he’s here.

So do we have thoughts on McIntosh as a player? Pretty poor team, decent but not exceptional stats. Advanced stats on him aren't great but that goes along with a poor overall team sometimes too. The transfer rating platforms pretty low on him but I've obviously not watched any Elon bball of late! Hoping someone had an honest assessment and not "he's awful" or "he's pretty much Stephen curry " ha

So do we have thoughts on McIntosh as a player? Pretty poor team, decent but not exceptional stats. Advanced stats on him aren't great but that goes along with a poor overall team sometimes too. The transfer rating platforms pretty low on him but I've obviously not watched any Elon bball of late! Hoping someone had an honest assessment and not "he's awful" or "he's pretty much Stephen curry " ha
Don't think you're going to have to know/worry about him. Watch the Moorehead State PG I think.

His stats aren't great. He seems to be a pretty decent outside shooter but that's about it. He has a pretty bad assist:turnover ratio, and doesn't appear to be a great defender.

On the other hand, Peyton Willis' stats at College of Charleston (same conference as Elon), weren't THAT much better.

Not sure what to believe on here as far as inside scoops go

He shot so many 3's that his overall FG% (38.4) look poor, but his effective FG% is 50% each of the last two years, was better as a freshman at 55%. For reference, Jamison Battle had a 54% eFG%, Marcus Carr was 45% eFG% his final year, and EJ Stephens was 50% this year (and 50% at Lafayette, too).

Great FT shooter, 80% this year and 90% last year.

Had a few solid games against high majors: 5/11 for 15 points against Florida, 5/10 for 13 points against WVU, 6/13 for 16 points against UNC (and 6 TO's, yikes), and a few yikes clunkers as well: 0/4 for 0 points and 5 TO against Ole Miss, 2/8 for 6 points and 3 TO against Duke, and 2/7 for 5 points and 3 TO against Arkansas.

I watched a highlight video and he was actually driving hard to the hoop more than I thought he would. He shot 61, 58, and 75 free throws each season. For reference, Jamison Battle shot 79 this year. I like that he creates contact.

He looks small to me. Listed at 6'2" but honestly looks 6'0" or 6'1" to my Youtube highlight eyes.

Top Bottom