Carrington to Return to Gophers

Great news that Braeden is able to begin the process of being a basketball player again. I thought he would be out much longer and hope he's truly in a good place now.
Stepping away when he did made a ton of sense from a timing standpoint. Really light schedule in terms of games over the holiday season and the games we did have were against weaker competition.

Glad it seems like he is feeling better and ready to get back out there. Hopefully he has been able to deal with whatever was troubling him and it won't become an issue again.

Great news for the team to have him back.

Stepping away when he did made a ton of sense from a timing standpoint. Really light schedule in terms of games over the holiday season and the games we did have were against weaker competition.

Glad it seems like he is feeling better and ready to get back out there. Hopefully he has been able to deal with whatever was troubling him and it won't become an issue again.

If there are mental health issues, the timing is irrelevant.

If there are mental health issues, the timing is irrelevant.
I completely agree with both these comments. Braedon is an intelligent man. I am sure that he looked at timing as well. It would be a natural thing to think about.
But, being mentally healthy is much more important than timing so if he needed longer then he needed it.

I even bolded it and italicized it. I realize people like Stocker can't process hypotheticals but jesus christ, the idiocy of some of the folks on this forum is astounding. Learn to read.

View attachment 29203

Sorry, but that is the equivalent of some national figure using the phrase "a lot of people are saying" ...

That is just a "fake disclaimer" to not take any responsibility for what you are about to say!

and, as you said .... it tells us everything we need to know about you.

Sorry, but that is the equivalent of some national figure using the phrase "a lot of people are saying" ...

That is just a "fake disclaimer" to not take any responsibility for what you are about to say!

LOL. It wasn't a fake disclaimer. I bolded and italicized it.

Is your argument that I think Carrington turned his back on the U by returning to the U?

I even bolded it and italicized it. I realize people like Stocker can't process hypotheticals but jesus christ, the idiocy of some of the folks on this forum is astounding. Learn to read.

View attachment 29203

Hilarious. Bob here skewers Carrington in the typical douchebag fashion that we've gotten used to on Gopherhole.....and then takes swipes at me out of nowhere because his fragile ego demands retribution for his previous faceplants.

Got to love the Gopherhole bottom feeders.

Some people have no awareness of themselves. Sad but true.

Only to people too dumb to not understand hypotheticals. My error was thinking that bolding and italicizing it would be enough for people to understand that my point was based on the hypothetical that Shooter's report was true. I'll eat my crow on that failure.
Here's the crow. Enjoy your meal.

Shooter was spectacularly wrong. Less than 24 hours hours after he reports that Carrington is going to transfer.....an official report comes out saying that he's rejoining the team. lol @ these columnist clowns.
Shooter has always been clickbait, even before clickbait was a thing. He has always wildly speculated (“people are saying” or “a little birdie says”). I stopped thinking he has much to contribute years ago, and don’t know why the Pioneer Press keeps publishing him.

I completely agree with both these comments. Braedon is an intelligent man. I am sure that he looked at timing as well. It would be a natural thing to think about.
But, being mentally healthy is much more important than timing so if he needed longer then he needed it.
Since we really don’t know exactly what he was dealing with all we can do is trust that BC feels he is ready to come back. Hopefully whatever it was is behind him and he is good to go.

Shooter has always been clickbait, even before clickbait was a thing. He has always wildly speculated (“people are saying” or “a little birdie says”). I stopped thinking he has much to contribute years ago, and don’t know why the Pioneer Press keeps publishing him.
He fits a niche and fills some page space. He is essentially a gossip columnist and people eat that crap up.

I hope he gets a standing ovation when he sees the floor.

I‘m referring to Carrington, since this thread is supposed to be about him.
He'll get the biggest standing ovation when he comes out of the game after busting his tail over six minutes or so of dogged defense. Carrington is a real essential piece in any conference success.

LOL. It wasn't a fake disclaimer. I bolded and italicized it.

Is your argument that I think Carrington turned his back on the U by returning to the U?
It was a valid "IF/THEN" statement. That by itself probably wasn't the issue.

It was the second paragraph IMHO where you went on to further elaborate where some may have felt it was more absolute than conditional.

Let's just be happy he's back, presumably on the mend and in a better place mentally. I think that is something we can all agree on.

It was a valid "IF/THEN" statement. That by itself probably wasn't the issue.

It was the second paragraph IMHO where you went on to further elaborate where some may have felt it was more absolute than conditional.

Let's just be happy he's back, presumably on the mend and in a better place mentally. I think that is something we can all agree on.
That second paragraph was clearly part of the if/then. Why would I have an issue with Carrington's loyalty if he was being loyal?

The classic ole disagreement about if/then statements? It's amusing watching dumb people misuse figures of speech.

That said, I figured you wouldn't be able to answer the question.

People wonder why the initial thread was deleted? It wasn't because of the false report. It was likely because several asshat posters rushed in so that they could judge Carrington's character based upon a rumor.

Good going you winners.

That second paragraph was clearly part of the if/then. Why would I have an issue with Carrington's loyalty if he was being loyal?
Get out of lawyer mode. 😁 😜

I'm merely pointing out where it could have been perceived differently.

If you keep arguing, then it can also be perceived as being defensive, which could indicate a bit of a guilty conscience having indeed rushed to judgement.

I personally read the if/then as intended, if that helps.

Next time try a CASE statement. They look cleaner and are easier to read and interpret IMHO. 😎

I read it. I stand by my statement about you.

If you read it and stand by your statement than you are more of a clownshow than Shooter is. Congrats I guess?

Glad to see Carrington is rejoining the team. That is what is important not some trolls trying to play gotcha because they apparently have no idea how to read.

Top Bottom