Carrington to Return to Gophers

From the Strib:
Gophers sophomore guard Braeden Carrington is back from his leave of absence to deal with his mental health and progressing toward playing again, coach Ben Johnson said Wednesday.

The Gophers (9-3) announced Carrington's indefinite leave of absence on Dec. 12 after his social media posts about focusing on himself. Johnson said he will practice with the team, but he is not expected to play Friday against Maine.

"Yesterday was the first day in three weeks where I could tell he was in a good spot," Johnson said. "In terms of just [being] happy and in a good place, smile on his face."

Good for Braeden. Basketball needs to bring joy, not misery. It's just a game.

@BobLoblaw sure comes off as an ass after the rumor thread about Braedon transferring. It's too bad the GH has such emotional posters who can't wait for actual news.

@BobLoblaw sure comes off as an ass after the rumor thread about Braedon transferring. It's too bad the GH has such emotional posters who can't wait for actual news.
Meh, that threads been deleted for a reason… a bunch of people said things based on some really bad information. Bob immediately walked his statement back when the source material looked to be untrue as did others. Instead of continuing to bring up what was said in a moment and talk about how bad it makes vital members of this community look, I think our time would be better spent talking about how grateful we are to have BC back and how we hope that basketball is part of the solution permanently to him living a happy and healthy life.

Meh, that threads been deleted for a reason… a bunch of people said things based on some really bad information. Bob immediately walked his statement back when the source material looked to be untrue as did others. Instead of continuing to bring up what was said in a moment and talk about how bad it makes vital members of this community look, I think our time would be better spent talking about how grateful we are to have BC back and how we hope that basketball is part of the solution permanently to him living a happy and healthy life.
Fans don't know what to believe when presented with conflicting and insufficient info, and then that report comes out by a veteran--if sometimes unreliable--columnist. It's the sports version of the fog of war. This is a fan site for, among other things, speculation. People who aren't cool with that should stick to The Associated Press. To a (wo)man, we all love this program, want to know what's going on with it, and care about its success and certainly the players' welfare. Speculation about whether the U has been completely forthcoming about the latter is to be expected.

Apparently you missed my first paragraph.
I must have missed Bob's apology.

Fans don't know what to believe when presented with conflicting and insufficient info, and then that report comes out by a veteran--if sometimes unreliable--columnist. It's the sports version of the fog of war. This is a fan site for, among other things, speculation. People who aren't cool with that should stick to The Associated Press. To a (wo)man, we all love this program, want to know what's going on with it, and care about its success and certainly the players' welfare. Speculation about whether the U has been completely forthcoming about the latter is to be expected.
The fact that Shooter was the only one saying Carrington was going to transfer should have made any fan that has paid any attention to the local media scene go hmmmm......maybe I should wait for some actual reliable info before believing good ole Shooter.....unfortunately some chose to believe Shooter's clear BS and took shots at Carrington which was really unfortunate.

To your other part about the U not being forthcoming in the situation with Carrington....show me where they lied at all about anything? Carrington is the one who said he was stepping away for mental health reasons, the team confirmed it, nothing more was really said about it until good ole Shooter posts his BS info and then Carrington returns....which he said he was going to do all along.

Awesome to hear that Carrington is returning. Hopefully he was able to use this time to get things sorted out and will be ready to hit the ground running when conference games resume after the 1st of the year. Team really needs him and he was making an impact before he stepped away.

S/O Bad Gopher and Charley Walters, and Crappie aka BB.
Really happy for him. Getting back into a "normal" flow of things can be very beneficial once your head is in a better space. Just feels good to be back around people who care about you, and hopefully with a fresh, empowered perspective. It will take some time to ease back into things, but it seems like he has a great support network in place that will really help his recovery. It makes a huge difference.

I'm not sure that I understand your post but the person you responded to was criticizing posters who mock other posters for their speculation and continue to do that long after the fact.

Like the targets in civil wars, the true targets of mockery and derision on message boards are fellow residents. Passive aggressiveness runs rampant on this board and I thought his point was well taken.

Glad to hear Carrington is on the mend. That’s the first priority. Secondary to that, we need his rebounding and defense.

And glad Shooter’s report was false. I should have known better than to put any stock in his birdie source(s) given his history.

Shooter was spectacularly wrong. Less than 24 hours hours after he reports that Carrington is going to transfer.....an official report comes out saying that he's rejoining the team. lol @ these columnist clowns.

I even bolded it and italicized it. I realize people like Stocker can't process hypotheticals but jesus christ, the idiocy of some of the folks on this forum is astounding. Learn to read.

1703717012467.png

Rush to judgment.

Wonder if it’s too much to hope for a mea culpa from him?

I really didn't walk back anything. My entire point, which is posted from the other thread below, was if the report was true. I supported Carrington taking a leave of absence and was simply saying that if the report was true. . . it would be shitty.

I didn't speculate on Carrington's issue out of the blue. I commented on a report posted on the message board from a prominent writer and even bolded and italicized the caveat "if this report is true. . ."

I actually stand by what I said (I bet Carrington would too), if he was to have portaled out after this leave of absence, that is a sh!tty thing to do to your teammate, program, and the coaches that had your back. He didn't do it.

I really didn't walk back anything. My entire point, which is posted from the other thread below, was if the report was true. I supported Carrington taking a leave of absence and was simply saying that if the report was true. . . it would be shitty.

I didn't speculate on Carrington's issue out of the blue. I commented on a report posted on the message board from a prominent writer and even bolded and italicized the caveat "if this report is true. . ."

I actually stand by what I said (I bet Carrington would too),
Speaking for others, who cannot refute what you said -neato!

if he was to have portaled out after this leave of absence, that is a sh!tty thing to do to your teammate, program, and the coaches that had your back. He didn't do it.

The fact that Shooter was the only one saying Carrington was going to transfer should have made any fan that has paid any attention to the local media scene go hmmmm......maybe I should wait for some actual reliable info before believing good ole Shooter.....unfortunately some chose to believe Shooter's clear BS and took shots at Carrington which was really unfortunate.

To your other part about the U not being forthcoming in the situation with Carrington....show me where they lied at all about anything? Carrington is the one who said he was stepping away for mental health reasons, the team confirmed it, nothing more was really said about it until good ole Shooter posts his BS info and then Carrington returns....which he said he was going to do all along.

Awesome to hear that Carrington is returning. Hopefully he was able to use this time to get things sorted out and will be ready to hit the ground running when conference games resume after the 1st of the year. Team really needs him and he was making an impact before he stepped away.
That's not exactly how it unfolded.

Top Bottom