Carrington to Return to Gophers

I hope he gets a standing ovation when he sees the floor.

I‘m referring to Carrington, since this thread is supposed to be about him.
2ajtsw.gif

Don't you know after about 4 posts it is more about how the same 12 people have to fight with each other about something that has almost nothing to do with the main topic because they have literally nothing better to do. Same thing (different characters) as the football board.

The team and the player don't matter...personal vendettas do.

Maybe they should step away for a bit and work on their mental health. Carrington is more mature than all of them and deserves all the respect.

Only to people too dumb to not understand hypotheticals. My error was thinking that bolding and italicizing it would be enough for people to understand that my point was based on the hypothetical that Shooter's report was true. I'll eat my crow on that failure.
Don't worry about it. It was obvious what you said, don't let them keep goading you. They aren't winning, just most people aren't wasting their time with them and neither should you.

People wonder why the initial thread was deleted? It wasn't because of the false report. It was likely because several asshat posters rushed in so that they could judge Carrington's character based upon a rumor.

Good going you winners.
Stock, when you're right you're right. Doesn't happen often with you but, hats off on the above. It's right.

The fact that Shooter was the only one saying Carrington was going to transfer should have made any fan that has paid any attention to the local media scene go hmmmm......maybe I should wait for some actual reliable info before believing good ole Shooter.....unfortunately some chose to believe Shooter's clear BS and took shots at Carrington which was really unfortunate.

To your other part about the U not being forthcoming in the situation with Carrington....show me where they lied at all about anything? Carrington is the one who said he was stepping away for mental health reasons, the team confirmed it, nothing more was really said about it until good ole Shooter posts his BS info and then Carrington returns....which he said he was going to do all along.

Awesome to hear that Carrington is returning. Hopefully he was able to use this time to get things sorted out and will be ready to hit the ground running when conference games resume after the 1st of the year. Team really needs him and he was making an impact before he stepped away.
I used to think it was a figment of some fans' imagination, but it just seems this year that the local media goes out of its way to crap all over the Gophers. The Gophers aren't owed anything and I think the media should offer valid critiques of play and provide the unvarnished truth. But there have been a lot of unnecessary pokes in the eye.

I really didn't walk back anything. My entire point, which is posted from the other thread below, was if the report was true. I supported Carrington taking a leave of absence and was simply saying that if the report was true. . . it would be shitty.

I didn't speculate on Carrington's issue out of the blue. I commented on a report posted on the message board from a prominent writer and even bolded and italicized the caveat "if this report is true. . ."

I actually stand by what I said (I bet Carrington would too), if he was to have portaled out after this leave of absence, that is a sh!tty thing to do to your teammate, program, and the coaches that had your back. He didn't do it.
Wow... this sounds like an argument with my wife:
Me: "If X, then Y Babe!"
Her: "But X isn't true so how in the world do you have the gall to say Y?!?!?!"
Me: "Well, it was based upon X being true. But since it's not, I agree with you that Y isn't a thing."
Her: "No, you clearly believe Y!!"

Repeat x 3

Me: o_O

I used to think it was a figment of some fans' imagination, but it just seems this year that the local media goes out of its way to crap all over the Gophers. The Gophers aren't owed anything and I think the media should offer valid critiques of play and provide the unvarnished truth. But there have been a lot of unnecessary pokes in the eye.
It isn't a this year thing. The opinion hacks in our media have enjoyed crapping on the Gophers for years. Some of it is deserved, much of it isn't.

It isn't a this year thing. The opinion hacks in our media have enjoyed crapping on the Gophers for years. Some of it is deserved, much of it isn't.

Yup. This isn't new. There are a few guys that are pretty balanced with their columns.....but a lot more that write the lazy hack column because it's easier. Sometimes they'll put in some effort and write a column about a Minnesota kid who decided to play for the Badgers. :rolleyes:

with any type of mental health issue, there are really no 'rules' to follow, because each case is individual.

most of us look at the life of an athlete and think it looks like fun. but athletes live their lives in public, and when they have problems, they have to deal with those problems in public.

whatever issues Carrington is dealing with, he hopefully has addressed them to a point where he feels comfortable returning to the team. and I hope/assume that he has a better support system in place to help him deal with these issues during the rest of the season. I also assume that his teammates have received some education on the subject so that they can help him as well.

we all have our triggers. a big part of dealing with addiction, mental health or similar types of behavior is learning to understand our own triggers - recognize them - and have a plan to deal with them. the first step to get help is to ask for help.

Shooter is not a sports writer. He has a gossip column of no value.

The classic ole disagreement about if/then statements? It's amusing watching dumb people misuse figures of speech.

That said, I figured you wouldn't be able to answer the question.
Have you ever programed a real If/Then statement?

From the bolded comments, you must crack yourself up all the time. lol...

Bob, you have a lot of good content, but every once in a while you go off the deep end. Many of us do it from time to time and get called out on it. Simply acknowledging the possible error works very well to dismiss the issue. Attacking the character and intelligence of others and doubling down on the original statements is just asking for more responses.

It isn't just the local media. The majority of the postings on this board have been a cesspool over the last 10+ years.

It isn't just the local media. The majority of the postings on this board have been a cesspool over the last 10+ years.
Agree. I am way old now and I'm happy the internet and message boards weren't around during my tempestuous youth. I would have most likely been a graduate of the International Academy of Whiners and would have vented incessantly.

Top Bottom