Carey Woods - Bemidji

carey lives in bemidji that is the only reason none of you have heard of him. most gopher fans think that unless a kid plays for a metro school he is not talented or fast enough for the U. well carey could be an asset for the U, he has speed and decent size. with a redshirt and a college speed and strength program he could be a very good get. carey was the best player on the field on fri, nelson is a stud but carey touched the ball like 6 times and changed the game. nelson touched the ball on every offensive play and was nowhere near the threat that i thought he would be.

I think that Carey is a great player, and had an unbelievable game, but I want to make something clear. On his first TD, the long run, Phil Nelson was out there and didn't read the play well. If Friesen isn't out getting a breather, that play doesn't go for a TD imo. Second TD, a wheel route, and Friesen either gets screened by a Bemidji player or gets hit by one of his own teammates. As he's laying on the ground Carey caught the ball and took it to the house. Most likely a TD either way, but we will never know. And on his last TD both Friesen and Severns (two best DBs) were out and a Sophomore was man up on him.

Nothing against Carey Woods at all though. The first TD was a good play call by the Bemidji coaching staff because they knew they had an advantage on that play with Phil in. A few plays going the other way on both sides and this is a totally different ball game (which made it a ton of fun to watch!!!)

lol you make it sound like minnesota is miami fla where counties have top 150 player rankings.... this is mn where 20 kids get schollys..... plz man, the reason we havent heard of him is because he is not a div 1 player... its that simple...

I think given a RS year and a couple years to get experienced he could make an impact on plenty of D1 teams, including the Gophers. That's just my opinion though.

I think given a RS year and a couple years to get experienced he could make an impact on plenty of D1 teams, including the Gophers. That's just my opinion though.

ive said it already in this thread but bring him in as a walk on and let him earn a scolly...

lol you make it sound like minnesota is miami fla where counties have top 150 player rankings.... this is mn where 20 kids get schollys..... plz man, the reason we havent heard of him is because he is not a div 1 player... its that simple...

well i will bet you $100.00 carey signs with a division 1 school for football. the kid is for sure a d1 athlete.

you can pm me if youre interested in the bet

I think that Carey is a great player, and had an unbelievable game, but I want to make something clear. On his first TD, the long run, Phil Nelson was out there and didn't read the play well. If Friesen isn't out getting a breather, that play doesn't go for a TD imo. Second TD, a wheel route, and Friesen either gets screened by a Bemidji player or gets hit by one of his own teammates. As he's laying on the ground Carey caught the ball and took it to the house. Most likely a TD either way, but we will never know. And on his last TD both Friesen and Severns (two best DBs) were out and a Sophomore was man up on him.

Nothing against Carey Woods at all though. The first TD was a good play call by the Bemidji coaching staff because they knew they had an advantage on that play with Phil in. A few plays going the other way on both sides and this is a totally different ball game (which made it a ton of fun to watch!!!)

thank god mankato west was so devasted by injuries otherwise mankato wins by 3 tds

everyone is hurt this time of year and woods hobbled around and came out mid 2nd quarter and didnt come back until the 3rd.

If Woods played at Wayzata, CHD or EP you WOULD have heard of him. From friends in Bemidji it sounds like he can play hoops and football if he goes D2. He is getting interest from FCS schools. NDSU was at one of their games and they have high interest. Is he as good as Eric Decker was in high school? I got to coach against both and I would say Woods is way more explosive, Decker was a great route runner with super hands.

Probably a poor scheme by the Mankato staff. I think the whole Bemidji team had more speed than they were used to. Playing cover one certainly didn't help their cause. I was shocked at the number of times they put their d-backs on an island.

thank god mankato west was so devasted by injuries otherwise mankato wins by 3 tds

everyone is hurt this time of year and woods hobbled around and came out mid 2nd quarter and didnt come back until the 3rd.

Well word came in that Friesen fractured his Fibula in the 1st quarter and completely broke it in half in the 3rd. If he's healthy Woods doesn't have three TDs. That's all I'm saying. Good luck to Bemidji in the championship game (not really expecting it to be close, in favor of Bemidji).

If Woods played at Wayzata, CHD or EP you WOULD have heard of him. From friends in Bemidji it sounds like he can play hoops and football if he goes D2. He is getting interest from FCS schools. NDSU was at one of their games and they have high interest. Is he as good as Eric Decker was in high school? I got to coach against both and I would say Woods is way more explosive, Decker was a great route runner with super hands.
After watching the way he adjusted to the ball in the air on his long touchdown catch, I thought he reminded me quite a bit of Decker. The more I think about this game the more I'm on board with giving this kid a scholarship, specially if he has a great game this weekend at the Prep Bowl. He also seems like a great athlete, kinda of reminds me of Marcus Williams' (the DB from NDSU) situation, great athlete that with coaching turns into a great football player.

, kinda of reminds me of Marcus Williams' (the DB from NDSU) situation, great athlete that with coaching turns into a great football player.

First comparison that also popped in my mind while watching him.

we wont get him as a walk on-he will take a scholarship to one of the dakotas before he walks on at the U

You might be right, but you said the same thing about Ernie Heifort last season. I have a feeling you're just guessing.

Woods was extremely impressive, so i'm not arguing that point. However, you have to keep in mind that if Woods played at CDH/Wayzata/EP he wouldn't have dominated nearly as much as he did this season.

Does anyone know if he went to any Gopher camps or anything? He did not, I would guess he won't get an offer...

Woods was extremely impressive, so i'm not arguing that point. However, you have to keep in mind that if Woods played at CDH/Wayzata/EP he wouldn't have dominated nearly as much as he did this season.

Does anyone know if he went to any Gopher camps or anything? He did not, I would guess he won't get an offer...

no he didnt, he just recently decided that football would be his sport. he played basketball pretty hard all summer with minnesota glory

i am close to the bemidji program, i will give a 100% guarantee that carey does not walk on to the U

Please forgive me if I take people who claim to be close to programs with a grain of salt. There's been too many people who have claimed inside information who have been wrong. Have you asked him outright whether or not he would consider walking on? That said, I'd be surprised if he took a walk on offer, a scholarship is a lot of money to walk away from.

i am close to the bemidji program, i will give a 100% guarantee that carey does not walk on to the U

You're not that close to it.

You said the same thing about Ernie Heifort last season and he is a Bemidji kid, why would your word on Woods (another Bemidji kid) be anymore trust worthy than your word on Heifort.

You guranteed the same things last season.

I'm not saying that I have any idea what Woods would do, but I don't think you do either.

Please forgive me if I take people who claim to be close to programs with a grain of salt. There's been too many people who have claimed inside information who have been wrong. Have you asked him outright whether or not he would consider walking on? That said, I'd be surprised if he took a walk on offer, a scholarship is a lot of money to walk away from.

Even people close to a system don't know. They might know maybe where a kid is leaning but often times these kids' parents don't know anything concrete until the last minute.

If you were really close to a program and you were privy to certain information, I doubt they'd share it on here. I wouldn't trust anyone that makes bold statements like they are fact, because that's not the way the world works.

If someone says something like Rosemountain last year with Bjorklund, something like "he's getting looks from Toledo", that kind of info is pretty helpful. It's something that someone could know and they wouldn't be breaking any trust by sharing it. So I do value that kind of insight.

People like Lakes, you have made really bold statements only to come out wrong, seems fishy.

about ernie i dont recall saying he wouldnt come to the U, i remember saying i didnt think he had the abilities to make it. but im sure im not remembering correctly. im happy he is proving me wrong. i really didnt think he had the speed to play in the B1G.

Lakesgopher. nice name, i think.

anyways, I was up at a bar last weekend south of baudette. turns out his grandpa lives there in this lil town. The locals saw my NDSU hat and said "Junior will end up at NDSU, he wants to try and play 2 sports" Now I talked to a NDSU coach and he said "we are all over him, we'll see" Im GUESSING that ndsu offerred a half-ride and now will up it to a full ride.

I dont know if he's big enough for Big 10 football, but nowadays with economy like the way it is, I dont see how you pass up a free ride vs walking on.

Friesen was getting looks from NDSU as well, hope his leg isn't too bad.

Lakesgopher. nice name, i think.

anyways, I was up at a bar last weekend south of baudette. turns out his grandpa lives there in this lil town. The locals saw my NDSU hat and said "Junior will end up at NDSU, he wants to try and play 2 sports" Now I talked to a NDSU coach and he said "we are all over him, we'll see" Im GUESSING that ndsu offerred a half-ride and now will up it to a full ride.

I dont know if he's big enough for Big 10 football, but nowadays with economy like the way it is, I dont see how you pass up a free ride vs walking on.

Friesen was getting looks from NDSU as well, hope his leg isn't too bad.

You are constantly running into people who have so much insight into college football recruiting. Remember when you ran into Mollberg and he was wearing NDSU gear? I wonder if he'll keep all of that gear when he heads to North Dakota instead.

Could you do us a favor and see what sweatshirt Will Johnson is wearing tomorrow? Maybe bump into Andre McDonald's uncle for some insight?

wont be near will or andre's area, sorry, but I happen to live in woods/mollberg's area. sorry for living up here bob.

wont be near will or andre's area, sorry, but I happen to live in woods/mollberg's area. sorry for living up here bob.

I'm not blaming you for living up there. I know a lot of people who live up there, they just aren't able to check out the outfits of HS boys to parlay that info into recruiting gossip.

lakes does like to pay close attention to the teen boys.....got to find a new oil boy for himself for next summer....

Lets see how he performs in the State. If he keeps ringing the church bell the Gophers got to get him in the pews.

Top Bottom