Can't Wait to Watch Koi Perich

Can you guys explain why Alipate failed? Was he that bad at QB? Couldn't they have just stuck him in the film room/practice field and had him develop for 2-3 years?
I'm not trying to be mean but he ate himself out of the position. He gained over 50 lbs of bad weight and just really struggled, food was his vice.

I am looking forward to watching Koi's Gopher career. Where that leads should be fun to watch, will he grow into another position? That's why Freshmen are exciting because of the possibilities & potential. Players write their story not fans.

I am looking forward to watching Koi's Gopher career. Where that leads should be fun to watch, will he grow into another position? That's why Freshmen are exciting because of the possibilities & potential. Players write their story not fans.
He has starting abilities ... will Coach Fleck give him the opportunity?

He's played true FR early when they were good enough.
at DB too. Winfield and Walley were both made freshman All-American teams as true frosh. I hope Perich earns a starting spot and balls out immediately.

There are only two other Minnesotans that I can think of that Koi Perich can be compared too: Bruce Smith from Faribault(won Heisman) and Paul Giel from Winona(should have won the Heisman). Paul Giel single handly beat Michigan.
I would add Darrell Thompson, Carter Coughlin, Eric Decker, and MB3 as far as what type of legacy he could end up leaving.

TOP MN

1. Jones- Failed
2. Coughlin- Pass
3. Perich- Open
4. Alipate- Failed
5. Gjere- Injury
6. Eastern- Pass
7. Maresh- Failed
8. Hageman- Pass
9. Jerome Williams- Open
10. Andries- Pass
Maresh should be injury not failed....didn't he have a heart condition that was discovered once he got to college?

Maresh should be injury not failed....didn't he have a heart condition that was discovered once he got to college?
Here is the Strib Article of timing.

Sam Maresh leaving U for junior college​

The highly recruited Champlin Park star made headlines because he needed open-heart surgery after high school. But he was also in the news this spring thanks to two citations for underage drinking.

He was just overrated by the recruiting services and not athletic enough to be a D1 QB.
Exactly, he was just big and had a strong arm. He didn’t do anything in high school to warrant that rating, really bizarre he was able to get rated so high with his accomplishments.

His senior year:
passed for 1,422 yards (14 touchdowns) and rushed for 201 yards (six touchdowns) in 2008 • completed 51.3 percent of his passes as a senior • earned Honorable Mention All-State honors from the St. Paul Pioneer Press, the Associated Press and the Minnesota Football Coaches Association

I'm not the most learned sports fan in the world, but isn't this dunk kinda astonishing? A 6 foot kid doing an alley oop? I've never seen anything like this.
Probably a fair number of 6 foot tall D1 basketball players that can do that. Still impressive though since basketball isn't his main sport.

at DB too. Winfield and Walley were both made freshman All-American teams as true frosh. I hope Perich earns a starting spot and balls out immediately.
Winfield played 4 games in both his true freshman and RS freshman seasons (missed the final 8 regular season games both years due to injury) and didn't make any freshman All-American teams that I'm aware of, largely due to playing only 4 games.

I just hope our secondary will step up around him. Winfield was lucky to play with some very good defenses and guys in the back end, which opened up the game for him to do his thing.

I'm not the most learned sports fan in the world, but isn't this dunk kinda astonishing? A 6 foot kid doing an alley oop? I've never seen anything like this.
Six feet alleyoop and a two-handed dunk is more than astonishing. It means he has a vertical of 40 inches or more.

Winfield played 4 games in both his true freshman and RS freshman seasons (missed the final 8 regular season games both years due to injury) and didn't make any freshman All-American teams that I'm aware of, largely due to playing only 4 games.
Antoine Winfield true freshman year:

10 games, 52 tackles, 1 INT, 1 TD, 3 PD, 2 FR and was named to PFF's freshman All-American team

He played 4 games his sophomore year, took a medical redshirt and then played 4 games again in his second sophomore year but he played his true freshman year.

The dunk is impressive but I think there are number of 6' boys who could do it. The trick is the perfect pass and timing of the jump. Excited to watch Perich make plays.

Top Bottom