Can we get a list of all the posters who thought Claeys was the right hire?

Mcarthylist2.jpg

Above: GopherHole regular, "Face the Facts," holding a list of known Tracy Claeys sympathizers.
This is gold, people! Reply to the important things in threads!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm 100% with coach. He had 4 defensive backs wrongfully accused and that created a distraction with the team. Also some issues (Devers) with injuries. We have a lot of people in this world and especially on the board who fly off the handle extremely quick. Hate to think what they are like with their families and jobs. Now I'll get some flak, but that's ok...the knee jerk type people don't know any better and I'm not going to let them other me.

I am behind him 100%. Heck he's four games into his official head coaching tenure, he's 3-1 and has people questioning if he was the right hire. Ugh. There is a new OC, there is a DC who is learning how to be a DC, a new LB, and a new DB (somewhat I bet Sawvel helps out OB) coach. There is again a rash of injuries, luckily nothing substantial, and 3 top members of our secondary have been out. I think this question is foolish to ask at this point. Go Gophers!

y'all are dumb af man this dude is a troll and you guys are just gobblin on his knob to keep this stupid thread going got damn this fanbase just frustrates the **** outta me sometimes

I am behind him 100%. Heck he's four games into his official head coaching tenure, he's 3-1 and has people questioning if he was the right hire. Ugh. There is a new OC, there is a DC who is learning how to be a DC, a new LB, and a new DB (somewhat I bet Sawvel helps out OB) coach. There is again a rash of injuries, luckily nothing substantial, and 3 top members of our secondary have been out. I think this question is foolish to ask at this point. Go Gophers!

He's essentially an interim based on contract, Illinois didn't let their interim turned full-time head coach even coach his first game. All this with a new AD on top of it makes the discussion appropriate and relevant.

y'all are dumb af man this dude is a troll and you guys are just gobblin on his knob to keep this stupid thread going got damn this fanbase just frustrates the **** outta me sometimes

Didn't you start a thread about Lane Kiffin?

My guess is that now being 3-days removed from the loss that anyone that called for TC to be fired feels foolish and a bit embarrassed. If they don't then they really need to examine themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you're the worst offender man i cant even start with you

Says the person who thinks Lane Kiffin is a good head coach.

My guess is that now being 3-days removed from the loss that anyone that called for TC to be fired feels foolish and a bit embarrassed. If they don't then they really need to examine themselves.

I didn't see one poster say Claeys should be fired now. I just saw a number of people skeptical that he's the right guy going forward. Nothing wrong with that.

I didn't see one poster say Claeys should be fired now. I just saw a number of people skeptical that he's the right guy going forward. Nothing wrong with that.

What's the weather look like for Saturday?

Considering the circumstances he was the right choice. Let's say Coyle was in place when Kill retired then I imagine someone else is head coach. One would hope that we get our act together the next few games and win otherwise I think Claeys is in trouble. Remember he has a three year contract with an minuscule buyout.

Let me offer this thought:

For better or worse, each of the Gophs' recent coaches have had a distinct personality. Brewster was a salesman. Kill had his "Country Jer" shtick. Claeys, by comparison, comes off as a fairly bland person. From all accounts, he's a regular guy - he just doesn't have a personality that grabs you. Some may feel that is a detriment when it comes to recruiting.

From my point of view, the jury is still out. As others have noted - 1st-time Head coach, new coordinators, new OL coach, new DB coach, etc. IMHO, Claeys will be back as long as the team wins at least 7 games. A win in a bowl game would be a plus. Obviously, I don't know how the new AD views the situation. he may be judging the coach on different criteria (ticket sales?).

I just don't think that jumping back on the coaching carousel is a good long-term strategy for the program. This program needs stability - not another ride on the coaching carousel.

AND - if the AD decides to let Claeys go, there is NO guarantee that the Gophs will be able to hire the "right" coach. Last time around, they got turned down by several candidates before they wound up with Kill. So, to those who want a new coach - be careful of what you wish for.

I'm still anxiously waiting to see what happens to the people on this list.

I'm still anxiously waiting to see what happens to the people on this list.

It's simply a list of those that don't understand Gopher Football. OP said so.

It's simply a list of those that don't understand Gopher Football. OP said so.

I figured we were going to get stoned or egged. How long does this list show up on my permanent record?

I figured we were going to get stoned or egged. How long does this list show up on my permanent record?

What could be worse than being exposed for not knowing Gopher Football? Egg can be cleaned off, but that kind of embarrassment simply can't be.

What could be worse than being exposed for not knowing Gopher Football? Egg can be cleaned off, but that kind of embarrassment simply can't be.

Touche

this willfully ignorant schtick doesnt suit you well, kiffin is a solid coach who would likely show improvement given another shot at a head job. if he didnt have potential the greatest college coach of all time wouldnt give him the time of day. just admit you're wrong about it

this willfully ignorant schtick doesnt suit you well, kiffin is a solid coach who would likely show improvement given another shot at a head job. <b>if he didnt have potential the greatest college coach of all time wouldnt give him the time of day. </b>just admit you're wrong about it

It is possible Saban thinks Kiffin is a great coordinator, but doesn't think he would be a good head coach. BOX

It is possible Saban thinks Kiffin is a great coordinator, but doesn't think he would be a good head coach. BOX

Exactly.

Kiffin doesn't have to look any farther than his dad to find an example of a great lifelong coordinator who failed at his one brief stint as a head coach.

Top Bottom