Calvin Sampson of Houston

Is that serious?
Ralph JR, father of Ralph III, was 2-time college POY & played for the Rockets before injuries took there tole.

Yeah I know. His freshmen year they beat the Gophers in the NIT championship game. We had McHale who was a senior, Randy Breuer who was a freshman, Tucker, Mitchell, Hall and Holmes who were all sophomores. Two years later that Gopher team would win the B1G championship.

Virginia also had Jeff Lamp who was also an All-American. I remember hearing a rumor around that time that Jeff Lamp's family moved to Prior Lake during his senior year in high school. If he had played at Prior Lake high school, that team would have been loaded. They were already one of the best teams in the state. They had two Pederson brothers who were about 6'11 (one who played at the U for a while I think), a Heise who was about 6'9 and a Giesler who was about 6'5. They were an excellent team who lost in the state tournament to Jefferson in the first round. Jefferson had Steve Lingenfelter and the older Pederson brother picked up three fouls early in the first half. That Jefferson team went on to win the state championship beating Kevin McHale's Hibbing squad. I don't know if Jeff Lamp's family actually moved to Prior Lake, but I do think he was born in Minneapolis.

I know who Ralph Sampson was...I was being sarcastic.

Is that serious?
Ralph JR, father of Ralph III, was 2-time college POY & played for the Rockets before injuries took there tole.
Adjust your sarcasmeter.

Is that serious?
Ralph Sampson Jr is one of the finest college basketball players in the history of the game. The picture of chaminades player sitting in the hoop after beating Houston is one of my favorite sports pictures.

Allen Iverson? His son Colton played here, big time name and has lots of connections.
Don't be ridiculous. Colton isn't Allen Iverson's son, they're twin brothers.

Sheesh.

Kelvin Sampson isn't leaving Houston. They made his son HC in waiting so he would stay when Arkansas almost hired him two years ago.

Tony Robbins? His son Liam hasn’t entered the portal yet...so you’re saying there is a chance!

The NCAA doesn't care about illegal phone calls anymore.
Well, the FBI cared, and wanted to go after Pitino/Louisville, and that would've brought down the whole thing.

Powerful people made deals in closed rooms, and suddenly they just decided to drop the case. Except for Christian Dawkins, of course. Gotta nail him, for his obvious crimes.

Top Bottom