Caleb Williams in the portal.

Seems like he would be a good fit for St. Thomas, replacing departing Raheem Anthony, and joining (potential) 5th-year senior Drake Dobbs and junior Kendall Blue in the backcourt. Tommies have had pretty good success with former DIII/MIAC players.

But it's possible he might want to test the waters at a school that's eligible for the postseason (NCAA/NIT).

It think St Thomas would be a perfect fit for him?

It think St Thomas would be a perfect fit for him?
Admittedly, I've only seen him play the one time vs. the Gophers, have not followed his MIAC career, but any chance he might be a little too much of a gunner? Seemed like he liked to shoot a lot? That's just an impression. St. Thomas shares it & moves the ball really well.

Admittedly, I've only seen him play the one time vs. the Gophers, have not followed his MIAC career, but any chance he might be a little too much of a gunner? Seemed like he liked to shoot a lot? That's just an impression. St. Thomas shares it & moves the ball really well.
I agree with St Thomas and the way they play! They are fun to watch and it is a great atmosphere for basketball. But, I feel that he would adjust to the style of play.

Williams inefficiently scored 20ppg.

Did he shoot a lot because his teammates are lousy or did he shoot a lot because that’s how he plays? Maybe a nice spark for some teams. Could likely get more open looks as a bench/role player than as option 1.

He shot a lower % on 2s and 3s than his team averages, I think.

Similar situation in the high school gym I watched Taran Armstrong (Cal Baptist) light it up in SLO against MN. I was secretly hoping we would make a pitch for him last year, but he went pro in Europe I believe. That guy could play.

Maybe a decent comparison to Williams might be Joe Palmer from Augsburg who is now coming off the bench at Colorado State. He also led the MIAC in scoring and rebounds.
Averaged 3.2 last year and at 5 this season. Watched him a few times with the Rams and he's kind of a hustle guy.

We are so loaded nobody thinks he'd help the Gophers? He was the best player on the floor in November.
If he'd be interested, we should absolutely add him. We don't need him but he'd be decent off our bench. He also only has 1 year, so if it's too much of a jump to Big 10, it's only for a season.

Do you think? Or do they trade the pick to Washington?

Where does Fields end up do you think?
The Bears are drafting a QB and unless they trade back a spot or two, it'll be Williams.

The Fields situation is just not ideal not only because of his play but also the timing of his contract. If Fields improves next season, are you ready pay him a pretty massive salary in 2025? Then you only bought 1 season of rookie deal QB salary on your books. If he doesn't improve, you just passed on a blue chip prospect.

Fields likely gets traded, probably to Atlanta or Pittsburgh.

The Bears are drafting a QB and unless they trade back a spot or two, it'll be Williams.

The Fields situation is just not ideal not only because of his play but also the timing of his contract. If Fields improves next season, are you ready pay him a pretty massive salary in 2025? Then you only bought 1 season of rookie deal QB salary on your books. If he doesn't improve, you just passed on a blue chip prospect.

Fields likely gets traded, probably to Atlanta or Pittsburgh.
Then I would say they trade the pick to Washington.

I don't think he goes to St. Thomas if they aren't tournament elgibile. Maybe South Dakota State? We should take him here though as a 6th-7th man

Take him no questions asked, when you've got two or three guys that can light it up he would be that much better paired up with them. He's also got decent athleticism and size.

Top Bottom