Bucky Irving - Oregon

Let’s be honest, wouldn’t all of our RBs look better playing for Oregon? Bucky was good here, but his ypc went up an entire yard and a half when he left.
Totally agree. Better lineman and other skill positions too

If Bucky didn't get it that is pretty weird/sensitive. Probably would have been offended by some other small things anyway. Guessing PJ would have stopped if Bucky would have told him it bothered him.

Let's be honest though...he got paid and doesn't want to admit it so he just said that to not talk about the money.
Bucky did talk about it publicly right when it first started. My name is Bucky. It is all anybody in my family has called me since I was born. He wasn't amused. I mean think about it...if somebody changes your name and changes it to something you don't like...not cool.
If that guy is white and you are black is it even more insensitive to you from a historical perspective?

Bucky did talk about it publicly right when it first started. My name is Bucky. It is all anybody in my family has called me since I was born. He wasn't amused. I mean think about it...if somebody changes your name and changes it to something you don't like...not cool.
If that guy is white and you are black is it even more insensitive to you from a historical perspective?
OMG not this narrative again… I wonder if anyone even called him Bucko. Fleck mentioned that in like September, he transferred in April. He left for money, he came here because of Fleck, you think he left because of him?

OMG not this narrative again… I wonder if anyone even called him Bucko. Fleck mentioned that in like September, he transferred in April. He left for money, he came here because of Fleck, you think he left because of him?
Absolutely no one on this board knows why he left. But he did. Is it possible he wanted to play and with Mo coming back he knew he wouldn’t be the main guy? Also he picked a dominant team to go to.

This is key. Fleck needs to stop milking one back all game. Get some f-ing creativity! If a RB wants to live to play in the NFL, it’s not here. Changing personnel is not bringing in 3OL.
This. The Gophers' Offense lacked creativity. The WR Room drastically needs speed.

And the thought that if he didn't like it that he wouldn't tell Fleck? I guess if he told Fleck to stop and Fleck kept doing it, then yeah, I can see him being upset. But I think that scenario is highly unlikely.

He left for a large sum of money and to play for a team that is pretty much guaranteed to be top 15 in the country. I don't think the speculation needs to go any further than that.

This. The Gophers' Offense lacked creativity. The WR Room drastically needs speed.
I think last year could have been much different with CAB healthy and on the field with Wright. CAB isn't fast but he would have opened things up for others.

This year we have a bunch of the same sized and speed players. Would like to see a bigger target, not named Spann-Ford.

Wasn't it more the media that ran with the whole "Bucko" thing? Feel like it was Fleck that said it once as a joke and then everyone took it seriously, especially the TV announcers.

Right, run some motion or something. Running it in obvious situations where the ball carrier is obvious is a big reason we stalled out vs NW. We suck when the first down runs start getting stuffed.
How about a screen pass? Remember the game Michigan came back and beat us that Friday night, by screening us to death? How about the play NW ran to win the game? How about some trick plays. Fleck should force the offense to run 1 trick play per game. Make them think creatively... Make the opposing defense plan for plays other than the 3 or 4 we typically run.

I mean just to RUTM, or throw a slant or a dump play to BSF... they really don't have a playbook where they can pick and choose from. They have the same plays they use each and every week.

I like Bucky Irving, but it's also a lot easier to run in the Pac 12 with spread offenses and defenses designed to stop the pass. Look how soft USC's defense was last season. The bigger issue with Minnesota is the complete lack of a passing game post 2019. 2 good to great RB's instead of 1 wouldn't move the needle anywhere near as much as having even a competent passing game.

Top Bottom