Bucky Irving - Deebo Samuel position

Deebo Samuel might be the most explosive athlete in the NFL with his size, speed, vision, and body control. Love the idea of getting Bucky the ball more (and apparently he does too), but let's not get carried away.

Gotta be Ruthless People on the movie as others have said. Though I would be curious to know who the wonder woman actor was.

Deebo is different than the traditional WR/RB combo because he can run it up the middle just as easily as he can run it outside. Traditionally when this is done it is a good RB / good WR combo or a fast WR who you want to have the ball. You know if they line up at one position or the other there are limits to what can be done. The fact his is great at both and does not limit the play book is what is truly unique. I think having Marquis line up all over makes sense, but not sure he will be great at WR.

As others have pointed, Deebo is so unique because he isn't a scat back who is also a good receiver. He is a really good receiver who is a power running back.

I'd love for Irving to line up in the slot on occasion and I think he is an explosive enough athlete to be pretty dynamic as a slot receiver. We need to find ways to get him 12-15 touches per game next year.

I think there's a lot of things that can be done with Irving. Maybe not line him up out wide a whole lot but how about putting him on one side and Mo on the other side of Tanner? Be creative. Mo will get a lot of the attention when he's in the backfield.

What makes Deebo Samuel and Percy Harvin unicorns is their elite combination of speed and strength. Both incredibly strong for their size. Easy to create matchup problems. Irving is young and lacks their size, although he's plenty elusive.

But to the concept of getting Irving in space, that's exactly why they recruited him. It doesn't really matter his position, the Gophers haven't excelled at getting players like him the ball on draws, screens, jet sweeps or short route combinations. I would like to see alot more of this in Fleckball.

I look at players like Rondale Moore, Tarik Cohen and James White as comps for Irving. He needs the ball in space next season, especially when sharing the field with Ibrahim and Potts.

All I know is if we don't Run Up the Frickin' Middle 70% of the time, especially in 3rd and long situations, I'm gonna be pissed.
Preferably we do it 9 times in a row to end the half and kick a field goal in the most important game of the year.

For those playing, yes, it is "Ruthless People".

I always wanted to use Danny Devito's line, "[Debbie] can't talk right now..." when my mother-in-law called looking for my wife, but since we no longer have a land line and she calls my wife's cell phone directly, I'll never get to use it. Probably a good thing.

This. I am excited at the potential creativity that Kirk has with a loaded RB room. He did a lot of creative stuff with Rodney Smith in 2019, but with Mo, Potts and Bucky, he may have even more to work with.

Kirk in 2019 was able to setup certain plays/schemes, with natural built-in counters once defenses caught on, and then counters to those counters. Sanford didn't show much of that ability to adjust. Here's to hoping we get back to offensive scheme adjustments
I think you misremembered the “creative” stuff…Limey threw the ball to Rodney 56 times in 3 years. Kirk threw it to Rodney 9 times in two years.
Both were effective. Always thought Kirk should have gotten Rodney the ball in space way more often.

Deebo Samuels = Swiss Army Knife = Surviving the Game big time.

Mar'Kiese Irving = The Hunted = SURVIVOR

CLICK ON "WATCH ON YOUTUBE"

I think you misremembered the “creative” stuff…Limey threw the ball to Rodney 56 times in 3 years. Kirk threw it to Rodney 9 times in two years.
Both were effective. Always thought Kirk should have gotten Rodney the ball in space way more often.
I think you’re probably mostly correct but number of catches or even targets isn’t necessarily a good measure because it doesn’t measure the number of times they’re in a route.

What makes Deebo Samuel and Percy Harvin unicorns is their elite combination of speed and strength. Both incredibly strong for their size. Easy to create matchup problems. Irving is young and lacks their size, although he's plenty elusive.

But to the concept of getting Irving in space, that's exactly why they recruited him. It doesn't really matter his position, the Gophers haven't excelled at getting players like him the ball on draws, screens, jet sweeps or short route combinations. I would like to see alot more of this in Fleckball.

I look at players like Rondale Moore, Tarik Cohen and James White as comps for Irving. He needs the ball in space next season, especially when sharing the field with Ibrahim and Potts.
Do we know that Potts will be back?

The Gophers have another layer of creativity that they haven't tapped before. Now that Kirk Cirraocca is back, I am optimistic about seeing creativity on offense.

Do we know that Potts will be back?
Based on the Potts thread it sure as heck looks like he intends to be back and playing. Obviously won't know for sure until practices start but would say all indications are pointing towards him being in the mix in 2022.

I'm all for anything that gets the ball to Irving in space. Feels like something special is going to happen when he gets the ball with room to work.
Yeah when he first got the ball at Colorado, he was just different from backs we have seen here. Ultra quick and all in favor of more Irving touches.

Top Bottom