Bucky Irving - Deebo Samuel position

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
I think there's a lot of things that can be done with Irving. Maybe not line him up out wide a whole lot but how about putting him on one side and Mo on the other side of Tanner? Be creative. Mo will get a lot of the attention when he's in the backfield.

Deebo is 6' 215lbs wide receiver that they started doing some creative backfield stuff with, right? He trained as and has mostly played WR.

Bucky is a 5'10" 190lbs running back. He trained as and has mostly played RB.

No idea if these facts matter at all. Still a cool idea, regardless.

I think there's a lot of things that can be done with Irving. Maybe not line him up out wide a whole lot but how about putting him on one side and Mo on the other side of Tanner? Be creative. Mo will get a lot of the attention when he's in the backfield.

It would be a good to find creative ways to get Bucky some touches especially if Mo stays healthy. Getting him out wide usually seems to create some big mismatches. I hope Ciarrocca finds some good ways to utilize him as a big play threat.

It would be a good to find creative ways to get Bucky some touches especially if Mo stays healthy. Getting him out wide usually seems to create some big mismatches. I hope Ciarrocca finds some good ways to utilize him as a big play threat.
This. I am excited at the potential creativity that Kirk has with a loaded RB room. He did a lot of creative stuff with Rodney Smith in 2019, but with Mo, Potts and Bucky, he may have even more to work with.

Kirk in 2019 was able to setup certain plays/schemes, with natural built-in counters once defenses caught on, and then counters to those counters. Sanford didn't show much of that ability to adjust. Here's to hoping we get back to offensive scheme adjustments

I think it’s strange that people are acting like San Fran is inventing something new.
Reggie Bush had seasons like this and lined up split wide
Alvin Kamara had seasons like this and lined up split wide

I guess a running back who also plays wideout is totally different than a wideout who also plays running back?

I think it’s strange that people are acting like San Fran is inventing something new.

I guess a running back who also plays wideout is totally different than a wideout who also plays running back?
I may be wrong, but I can't think of many WR's who have taken so many snaps as a RB. Cordarrelle Patterson would be the other one that comes to mind, but yeah this isn't a totally new concept. Nebraska did this a lot with Wandale Robinson.

On the flip side, in addition to the backs you named, there is Christian McCaffery and some others.

I tuned into the NFC championship game for a bit...mostly because I wanted something on in the background while I took a nap. Every time I heard Joe Buck say "DEEBO!" all excited-like whenever he got the ball (even on the plays that didn't go anywhere), it gave me another reason to hate the NFL.
I did end up turning the channel and fell asleep while some "once-funny 80's movie that hasn't aged well" played in the background.

So a pro or twin veer set?

All I know is if we don't Run Up the Frickin' Middle 70% of the time, especially in 3rd and long situations, I'm gonna be pissed.

I may be wrong, but I can't think of many WR's who have taken so many snaps as a RB. Cordarrelle Patterson would be the other one that comes to mind, but yeah this isn't a totally new concept. Nebraska did this a lot with Wandale Robinson.

On the flip side, in addition to the backs you named, there is Christian McCaffery and some others.
Yeah but if he is taking snaps at both you could just as easily say Samuel is a running back taking snaps at WR.

I just don’t think it’s all that impressive. It’s impressive. But no more so than a bunch of other really good hybrid guys.

Percy Harvin too?

I tuned into the NFC championship game for a bit...mostly because I wanted something on in the background while I took a nap. Every time I heard Joe Buck say "DEEBO!" all excited-like whenever he got the ball (even on the plays that didn't go anywhere), it gave me another reason to hate the NFL.
I did end up turning the channel and fell asleep while some "once-funny 80's movie that hasn't aged well" played in the background.
Okay, now you have me trying to figure out said 80’s movie. Is it John Hughes flick? Inquiring minds want to know

Yeah but if he is taking snaps at both you could just as easily say Samuel is a running back taking snaps at WR.

I just don’t think it’s all that impressive. It’s impressive. But no more so than a bunch of other really good hybrid guys.
I agree. You can call it whatever you want. But at the end of the day it's a football player that sometimes lines up at RB and sometimes at WR.

good point

Okay, now you have me trying to figure out said 80’s movie. Is it John Hughes flick? Inquiring minds want to know
Nope...no John Huges.

I may have been too harsh in my initial review, it may have aged well to some. It's got a good premise (a good one for a comedy, anyway) and at one time I thought this movie was very funny.
When I selected it on Roku that day I was thinking I probably wouldn't be napping much, because I'd be rolling on the floor in gut-busting laughter, yelling up to my wife "hurry up!, get down here! this part is hilarious...you're gonna love this!", even though I figured she'd be annoyed that I made her walk all the way downstairs for comedy gold she does not understand.
Anyway, for those two hours I laid quietly under my afghan the entire time and never called up to my wife. My only thought was "I guess this is what funny was in the 80s...different times I guess".

Here's a hint:
It stars an actor whose first ever screen appearance was on an episode of Wonder Woman.

Do not forget Percy Harvin…..

Nope...no John Huges.

I may have been too harsh in my initial review, it may have aged well to some. It's got a good premise (a good one for a comedy, anyway) and at one time I thought this movie was very funny.
When I selected it on Roku that day I was thinking I probably wouldn't be napping much, because I'd be rolling on the floor in gut-busting laughter, yelling up to my wife "hurry up!, get down here! this part is hilarious...you're gonna love this!", even though I figured she'd be annoyed that I made her walk all the way downstairs for comedy gold she does not understand.
Anyway, for those two hours I laid quietly under my afghan the entire time and never called up to my wife. My only thought was "I guess this is what funny was in the 80s...different times I guess".

Here's a hint:
It stars an actor whose first ever screen appearance was on an episode of Wonder Woman.
Police Academy?

Nope...no John Huges.

Here's a hint:
That is a horrible clue....but I will guess the movie Big

Police Academy?
Nope.
"Is that the one with the guy that makes the sounds?'
- my Dad

That is a horrible clue....but I will guess the movie Big
Nope.
It is a horrible clue. But it's something I just found out today and had to share it.

These clues should help.

Two of the stars' initials:
DD
BM

Percy Harvin also comes to mind!

Which by the way brings me to Twins, which then of course brings me to

arnold-rowing.gif

If it's Ruthless People, then who is the Wonder Woman actor?? None of the stars were in WW, according to their Wikipedia filmography pages.

Top Bottom