Brian Ferentz says he couldn't look his kids in the eyes if he resigned from his position

2012 we beat them to go to the frozen four and got smoked by BC who was a buzz saw that year.
2014 we beat them in the frozen 4 (0.6 game), then lost to Union in the title game, who we should have beaten.
Yeah I remember that game. Gophers always good in hockey and the stadium is just awesome. Love the size and feel of that place. All the history and the cool murals on the walls are neat. Just fun to walk around and see it all. My sister graduated with Neil brotens daughter so I got to hear a few cool gopher hockey stories from him a couple times.

Gonna be real awkward with his kids if Grandpa has to fire him instead.
If he hasn't fired him yet why would he do it now? Iowa's offense was horrible last year too. KF will either have to retire or the University will have to have the balls to force him to fire his kid. My guess is retirement is probably more likely that him actually firing his son.

Fine with me. Just saying it would be nice to beat up on them in the field more than the forums.
giphy.gif

Do you still thing the rivalry is as good? Its just not the same to me as it was. That was must see tv in the old wcha. I still remember when Finley punched the gophers defenseman in the handshake line. What a dick.
College hockey in general just isn't what it used to be. More teams, less interest nationwide.
Finley punched Wheeler (Wheeler not a defenseman). Funny story with that though is I know a former Gopher hockey player and met Finley through that Gopher player (Finley seemed like a nice guy when I met him). So I guess the rivalry is probably more in the eyes of the fans than the players.

College hockey in general just isn't what it used to be. More teams, less interest nationwide.
Finley punched Wheeler (Wheeler not a defenseman). Funny story with that though is I know a former Gopher hockey player and met Finley through that Gopher player (Finley seemed like a nice guy when I met him). So I guess the rivalry is probably more in the eyes of the fans than the players.
Was there ever nationwide interest?

I always thought it was a regional thing for each given team.

LOL! BF clearly grasping at the straws in Iowa. Will be an interesting offseason. Don't understand why recruits would want to go there with the offense tumbling over the years. Don't they realize it is the coaching and not the players?

Sure. I didn’t realize it was wheeler. I just remembered one of the gophers players when it happened yelled to Finley you have no Fkn class and the tv didn’t bleep it out. That was a great exchange and definitely fueled the rivalry. Damn I miss the old wcha.

I would argue with how poor of a job he’s done, it is like he’s stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from a public university. But apparently that lesson isn’t one he wants to teach.
If the university paid his salary, which they don't.

Read the posts again. Where did I say I don’t care about Minnesota? Said I like Minnesota and the badgers and don’t hate Minnesota at all. Probably been to 50 hockey games at Minnesota and maybe 10 football games over the years. Watch and cheer for them when not playing wisco. You can believe that if you want or not but it’s the truth. One of my favorite all time rivalries in sports was Minnesota and North Dakota in hockey. Never missed a game in 10 years. Sadly that’s gone now. Believe what you want.

1665689038697.jpeg

Who...

How does he look his dad in the eye?
Kirk seems to have a healthy dose of not living in reality right now as well with the way he talks. Time for the elder to walk away and time for the younger to get busted back down to a position coach role where he probably belongs as opposed to a coordinator spot.

Kirk seems to have a healthy dose of not living in reality right now as well with the way he talks. Time for the elder to walk away and time for the younger to get busted back down to a position coach role where he probably belongs as opposed to a coordinator spot.

Why all that might be true, doubt that Kirk is that altruistic. Bet he'd make them fire him way before he'd quit. He has millions of reasons to do so.

"Ferentz’s buyout is equal to $6 million per year for the duration of his contract. Since Ferentz has eight years remaining on his deal with the Hawkeyes, that means that if Iowa were to fire Ferentz today, they would still owe him a mindblowing $48 million..

Of course, this number only matters if Iowa were to actually fire Ferentz, which seems rather unlikely at this point, especially after the school gave him a four-year extension worth $7 million per year just a few months ago."

This is something

Attachments

• FB08A662-A77B-471D-ACB1-E99D79CAC006.jpeg
    FB08A662-A77B-471D-ACB1-E99D79CAC006.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 20

Anyone from GH looking at this better be thanking there lucky stars we have PJ as our Coach

Top Bottom