Brian Ferentz says he couldn't look his kids in the eyes if he resigned from his position

Kirk and Brian should continue to fight the good fight. Those kids deserve the opportunity to grow up knowing that if your parents have a good job you don't have to earn a job through action but can just grab what you are "entitled to." Many places across this great nation work this way and if there is place where this sort of thinking should work, it is the University of Iowa.

Gonna be real awkward with his kids if Grandpa has to fire him instead.

I would argue with how poor of a job he’s done, it is like he’s stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from a public university. But apparently that lesson isn’t one he wants to teach.

Gophers are 2-8 in last 10 and lost 7 straight. Funny to me to see others talk smack when the hawks have basically owned the gophers for a decade.

Gophers are 2-8 in last 10 and lost 7 straight. Funny to me to see others talk smack when the hawks have basically owned the gophers for a decade.

Then you're not aware of the situation in Iowa.

Yeah that's pretty funny too.

Honestly what is your deal about coming here and saying this type of stuff constantly? It's odd to me to see someone who claims to not care about Minnesota come here for the sole purpose of telling us all not to have fun.

Honestly what is your deal about coming here and saying this type of stuff constantly? It's odd to me to see someone who claims to not care about Minnesota come here for the sole purpose of telling us all not to have fun.
Read the posts again. Where did I say I don’t care about Minnesota? Said I like Minnesota and the badgers and don’t hate Minnesota at all. Probably been to 50 hockey games at Minnesota and maybe 10 football games over the years. Watch and cheer for them when not playing wisco. You can believe that if you want or not but it’s the truth. One of my favorite all time rivalries in sports was Minnesota and North Dakota in hockey. Never missed a game in 10 years. Sadly that’s gone now. Believe what you want.

Read the posts again. Where did I say I don’t care about Minnesota? Said I like Minnesota and the badgers and don’t hate Minnesota at all. Probably been to 50 hockey games at Minnesota and maybe 10 football games over the years. Watch and cheer for them when not playing wisco. You can believe that if you want or not but it’s the truth. One of my favorite all time rivalries in sports was Minnesota and North Dakota in hockey. Never missed a game in 10 years. Sadly that’s gone now. Believe what you want.
North Dakota is coming to Mariucci next weekend and we’ve played them every year for several years now excluding Covid year, so that’s not gone.

But back to my original point, you come to a Minnesota message board to rip us for talking trash about one of our biggest rivals while they are getting laughed at by the whole country. What did you expect? I just don’t get why you’re here if you’re just looking to shut down our fun discussion topics.

Its funny to me that someone who gets blasted for most of the posts they write, still ends up writing posts on Gopherhole. Use your own logic to draw conclusions about what you should be doing.

North Dakota is coming to Mariucci next weekend and we’ve played them every year for several years now excluding Covid year, so that’s not gone.

But back to my original point, you come to a Minnesota message board to rip us for talking trash about one of our biggest rivals while they are getting laughed at by the whole country. What did you expect? I just don’t get why you’re here if you’re just looking to shut down our fun discussion topics.
Do you still thing the rivalry is as good? Its just not the same to me as it was. That was must see tv in the old wcha. I still remember when Finley punched the gophers defenseman in the handshake line. What a dick.

Do you still thing the rivalry is as good? Its just not the same to me as it was. That was must see tv in the old wcha. I still remember when Finley punched the gophers defenseman in the handshake line. What a dick.
I mean sure I wish conference standings were on the line, but I have enough UND friends and family to know that the hatred between fans has not died down at all.

Its funny to me that someone who gets blasted for most of the posts they write, still ends up writing posts on Gopherhole. Use your own logic to draw conclusions about what you should be doing.
Funny before the Purdue game when I said gophers were best in west and were the clear favorite to win it I didn’t get “blasted”.

I mean sure I wish conference standings were on the line, but I have enough UND friends and family to know that the hatred between fans has not died down at all.
Ok fair enough. That is truly the only team I have ever seen that the entire conference hated, without a doubt my least favorite team of all time. I was at the game at the fuse box when the gophers beat those wankers to go to the frozen four. That was frikin sweet. Can’t remember the year but I think the year they lost the championship game which sucked.

Ok fair enough. That is truly the only team I have ever seen that the entire conference hated, without a doubt my least favorite team of all time. I was at the game at the fuse box when the gophers beat those wankers to go to the frozen four. That was frikin sweet. Can’t remember the year but I think the year they lost the championship game which sucked.
2012 we beat them to go to the frozen four and got smoked by BC who was a buzz saw that year.
2014 we beat them in the frozen 4 (0.6 game), then lost to Union in the title game, who we should have beaten.

I suspect Ferentz will tie his retirement to IA hiring his son as the new HC.
Tubby kept working so his son Saul would have a job.
Nepotism rarely ends well.

Agree, that hockey rivalry was great.

Top Bottom