Brew gets his extension- 2 years

Brewster's delusional overly optimistic views of his football team has made him look pathetic. There is no chance he is here after next season. Period. The only way he's going to the rose bowl is if he buys a ticket in the stands. Lets not forget he drove us to our worst season in team history. I will be glad the day Brewster is canned. I'm tired of mediocre football.

Brewster's delusional overly optimistic views of his football team has made him look pathetic. There is no chance he is here after next season. Period. The only way he's going to the rose bowl is if he buys a ticket in the stands. Lets not forget he drove us to our worst season in team history. I will be glad the day Brewster is canned. I'm tired of mediocre football.

Lets not forget that season was due to mason's pathetic players along with a coaching change and a freshman QB. Those things all together are a recipe for disaster, it was to be expected.

and if Brewster is canned look forward to more mediocre football because we will be starting over, yet again.

Take yet another look at this mature, informed post Gopher fans. "Period" The only way" I will be glad" "I'm tired".

To the pathetic soul who felt compelled to post this gibberish: Please stop writing "us" when talking about Gopher football. We have nothing in common.

Take yet another look at this mature, informed post Gopher fans. "Period" The only way" I will be glad" "I'm tired".

To the pathetic soul who felt compelled to post this gibberish: Please stop writing "us" when talking about Gopher football. We have nothing in common.

I second that.

Here is a post from the Star Tribune article

about the extension:

waste of money for a worthless coach

This man has produced nothing but losers except to pattycake nonconference foes. And then he gets beat by North Dakota and wins at SD by a single point. Minnesota will never rise to the level of the Warmath years with this person at the helm. And after losing minor bowls games several times, he gets an extension. New Stadium should have gone to the Vikings who at least win. With the Gophers you see early leads in games and then the second half begins and down we go. It is hard to turn on the TV and watch a game as you know what is going to happen later. Last bowl game moving the ball to win under Weber and what does he do, put in the rookie to fumble the game away. Forget the extension and hire a COACH.
posted by viking182002 on Jan 30, 10 at 8:02 am

I swear most of the posters on the Star Tribune have never watched a game. Apparently this guy has not watched a game since the Mason years. They read negative crap in the paper and listen to KFAN and think they are informed. Kudos to Joel Maturi for not being swayed by these kind of "supporters"

Here is from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

Mediocrity rewarded:
The University of Minnesota rewarded football coach Tim Brewster with an extension through 2013 season after compiling a 13-13 record the past two years. Looks like Paul Bunyan's Axe will be residing at UW for a while.

I hope not, but looking at his record in the trophy games, I can see it happening.

Top Bottom