Braeden Carrington named Mr. Basketball

I could see that, I tend to favor guards on this list and there usually more likely to contribute day one, but with Lee, it's weird to have him as low as I do, he definitely has the potential to be higher, I can see why Kansas, Stanford and the U were snooping around at one point. I could see Lee doing well and transferring up, I don't see that with Carter, but I think Carter can certainly be a very good player there. Blue had a really nice season this year, it's a deep class and I can certainly see arguments to be made to move a lot of people on this list up, down etc. After the top two, I think 3-5 are really close, same with 6-8, touched on Lee, but 10-20, all those guys are top ten in state most years. I didn't even include Willie Wilson or Brady Helgren and I think they're good players as well or Siwek at Rosemont, Collins at Mankato West. This class doesn't have a Suggs, Chet, or Jones Brother, but it's probably the deepest class of D1/D2 basketball players the state has produced
yeah i agree Lee's ceiling is higher then Carters so if Lee can reach that he will be a heck of a player. Those 2 front court players for the Tommies are going to be really good.

nice list. Not to make this a back and forth discussion...but i think Bjerke is easily a top 10 in this state and IMO he is the best recruit St. Thomas brought in. Ahead of both Lee & Blue
Eh, low ceiling. Easily top 10, is a big stretch. Who do you take out then?

Just my opinion and I'll count Heide and JOJ, but this is how I would rank the 2022's

1) Tre
2) Payne ( he's close to being 1b IMO)
3) Carrington
4) King
5) Heide
6) Watson
7) JOJ
8) Prince
9) Lee
10) Blue
11) Omot
12) Dodd
13)Loge
14) Bjerke
15)Nnaji
16) Torbor
17) Katona
18) Jones
19) Pennebaker
20) Mc Donald

IMO the Gophers got two of the top three, three of the top seven. Iowa State got a good one in King, potentially good one in Watson, but his AAU season left a lot to be desired. JOJ played well for D1 last summer, but it sounds his Senior year bouncing from Prolific to Compass was a mess, think he would have been better off staying at Osseo, but there's a lot of benefits to playing Prep with other good D1 guys, upgraded facilities, training, more competitive practices, so will see. St. Thomas did really well in state for a Summit League team. Prince will be interesting watch at BC, doubt they'll use him the same way Minnehaha did. Katona a nice add for UMD, Jones for Mankato. Augustana grabbing Loge, McDonald and Brady Helgren. Torbor could be a nice addition for Tim Miles, but if you watch closely, I would say Carrington handled more of the Point Gard duties for PC then Torbor did. Pennebaker just got an offer from Bo Ryan's kid at Greenbay. Nnaji and Dodd are still uncommitted as well, hopefully they get a shot
good list-- just to be picky, I would have Bjerke ahead of Loge and Dodd ahead of Omot-but that is mostly from watching Omot at state where he struggled. I'll trust you and the UND coaches on that one.

just out of curiosity- what do you think of Berthe from Park? I only saw the state games but I think he can defend at a high level--shot needs work, it went in but has a weird rotation that some coaches won't trust. I don't see any recruiting info about him but I was really impressed with his defensive versatility.

good list-- just to be picky, I would have Bjerke ahead of Loge and Dodd ahead of Omot-but that is mostly from watching Omot at state where he struggled. I'll trust you and the UND coaches on that one.

just out of curiosity- what do you think of Berthe from Park? I only saw the state games but I think he can defend at a high level--shot needs work, it went in but has a weird rotation that some coaches won't trust. I don't see any recruiting info about him but I was really impressed with his defensive versatility.
Omot had the miss fortune of Watson spending the entire game on him vs TG. Thought Berthe made some big shots for PC, especially early on in the title game, always viewed Berthe and Spencer as really good glue guys. I don't think Berthe is quite as smooth as Pennebaker offensively, but I could see a D2 team taking a flyer on him

I could see that, I tend to favor guards on this list and there usually more likely to contribute day one, but with Lee, it's weird to have him as low as I do, he definitely has the potential to be higher, I can see why Kansas, Stanford and the U were snooping around at one point. I could see Lee doing well and transferring up, I don't see that with Carter, but I think Carter can certainly be a very good player there. Blue had a really nice season this year, it's a deep class and I can certainly see arguments to be made to move a lot of people on this list up, down etc. After the top two, I think 3-5 are really close, same with 6-8, touched on Lee, but 10-20, all those guys are top ten in state most years. I didn't even include Willie Wilson or Brady Helgren and I think they're good players as well or Siwek at Rosemont, Collins at Mankato West. This class doesn't have a Suggs, Chet, or Jones Brother, but it's probably the deepest class of D1/D2 basketball players the state has produced
Pennebaker looked great at the tourney. You think he could play for us?

Eh, low ceiling. Easily top 10, is a big stretch. Who do you take out then?
did you legit only read the part of the post that you responded too......i would put him ahead of both Lee & Blue

Lee's potential is higher but Bjerke right now is a better player

i mean i suppose its easy to say after the top 7-8 guys in the state the water gets pretty muddy and not much seperates a lot of them....so i will take out "easily" and say IMO he would be in my top 10

Pennebaker looked great at the tourney. You think he could play for us?
I'd take him as a walk on, but I don't think he can guard at an HM level. I think the Green bay offer is a good opportunity for him

did you legit only read the part of the post that you responded too......i would put him ahead of both Lee & Blue

Lee's potential is higher but Bjerke right now is a better player

i mean i suppose its easy to say after the top 7-8 guys in the state the water gets pretty muddy and not much seperates a lot of them....so i will take out "easily" and say IMO he would be in my top 10
No, i quoted your whole post. If I was to only quote part I would have taken the rest out. Only way Bjerke is top 10 is if JOJ and Heide are taken out. He is not better than Blue, but at the end of the day it's just our opinions against one another.

No, i quoted your whole post. If I was to only quote part I would have taken the rest out. Only way Bjerke is top 10 is if JOJ and Heide are taken out. He is not better than Blue, but at the end of the day it's just our opinions against one another.
lol well i clearly said right in the post that he was better then Blue & Lee....so didnt seem to make sense why you would ask a question that had the answer already stated

but your right.....no need in a random back and forth....St Thomas got an awesome haul of recruits coming to them. Im a Johnnie fan at heart so its hard for me to look forward anything tommy...but those 3 are a very solid foundation for them to build with

Just my opinion and I'll count Heide and JOJ, but this is how I would rank the 2022's

1) Tre
2) Payne ( he's close to being 1b IMO)
3) Carrington
4) King
5) Heide
6) Watson
7) JOJ
8) Prince
9) Lee
10) Blue
11) Omot
12) Dodd
13)Loge
14) Bjerke
15)Nnaji
16) Torbor
17) Katona
18) Jones
19) Pennebaker
20) Mc Donald

IMO the Gophers got two of the top three, three of the top seven. Iowa State got a good one in King, potentially good one in Watson, but his AAU season left a lot to be desired. JOJ played well for D1 last summer, but it sounds his Senior year bouncing from Prolific to Compass was a mess, think he would have been better off staying at Osseo, but there's a lot of benefits to playing Prep with other good D1 guys, upgraded facilities, training, more competitive practices, so will see. St. Thomas did really well in state for a Summit League team. Prince will be interesting watch at BC, doubt they'll use him the same way Minnehaha did. Katona a nice add for UMD, Jones for Mankato. Augustana grabbing Loge, McDonald and Brady Helgren. Torbor could be a nice addition for Tim Miles, but if you watch closely, I would say Carrington handled more of the Point Gard duties for PC then Torbor did. Pennebaker just got an offer from Bo Ryan's kid at Greenbay. Nnaji and Dodd are still uncommitted as well, hopefully they get a shot
Good post .Your rankings look pretty solid .

I was not impressed with Lee. Yeah, he can dunk and grab a few rebounds. when you're 6'10", you'd better be able to do that. I would take Loge or Bjerke over Lee as a post player.

On Carrington, he's got some athletic ability. He handles the ball fairly well. He did not shoot especially well in the State Tournament, but everyone who follows him says he's a good shooter.
what I saw at State was a player who got his teammates involved and didn't try to go "hero ball." He didn't try to force things when his shot wasn't dropping. that shows me some maturity, which is a really good quality to have in a young player.

Top Bottom