Bowl Projections Megathread

The Gator doesn't want a rematch of last year's Nebraska-Georgia Capital One Bowl.

But that's nothing compared to how much they don't want Minnesota.

Let's cross our fingers. We did have the head to head win vs. Nebraska this year, so it's technically possible.

The Gator doesn't want a rematch of last year's Nebraska-Georgia Capital One Bowl.

But that's nothing compared to how much they don't want Minnesota.

They've said on their website that it's not an option they want to pursue.

Yeah.....but unfortunately Minnesota really hasn't even been mentioned according to the Gator Bowl articles. Maybe the stars will align and they'll throw us a bone.

I'll recompile my posts from last year's bowl game when the official announcement is made, but I would suggest booking away from the stadium unless you care about literally nothing else besides the game. The area around Reliant is a giant wasteland of parking lots, with not much in the way of dining, nightlife, or entertainment.

You might look into other areas of town where you can go out and have a good time before and after the game, and then just take the train in to the game (or park and tailgate).

It's easier to get back and forth to the game one time than it is to get back and forth from a Reliant-area hotel every single time you want to eat or do anything fun that weekend.

Hi Aggie

If/When Houston is confirmed the flight I'm getting will probably be arriving late on the 26th and going back on the 28th. It is purely just the game for me this time.

Although I couldn't make a Jan 1st bowl still got fingers crossed for everyone else that something unexpected may happen.

I'll recompile my posts from last year's bowl game when the official announcement is made, but I would suggest booking away from the stadium unless you care about literally nothing else besides the game. The area around Reliant is a giant wasteland of parking lots, with not much in the way of dining, nightlife, or entertainment.

You might look into other areas of town where you can go out and have a good time before and after the game, and then just take the train in to the game (or park and tailgate).

It's easier to get back and forth to the game one time than it is to get back and forth from a Reliant-area hotel every single time you want to eat or do anything fun that weekend.

According to the Texas Bowl website, should we get sent to Houston the team would be staying in the Westin Galleria, if you're so inclined to stay at the official "team hotel." If I remember from previous family trips to Houston, it's in a pretty good area around a lot of shopping and such (The Galleria is one of the biggest malls in America, IIRC). Can't speak to nightlife or any of that. I went to the bowl game last year and there were a lot of events hosted at the team hotel. I didn't stay there, but went to a couple of happy hours and functions, so worth a thought if that's your thing.

Considering how little of a **** the Gator Bowl has given about us I feel dirty even wanting them to choose us.

Maybe the hometown sponsored BWW Bowl knew something and is trying to help us out?

Considering how little of a **** the Gator Bowl has given about us I feel dirty even wanting them to choose us.

Agreed.....but I would be awfully upset if we ended up playing against Syracuse in the Texas Bowl.

It looks like TexasAggie11 and Johnob2 might be the only ones in Houston. How funny is it that an Aggie and a fan from England is all we got so far. You guys are great!

What happened to OSU/Arizona/Wash St/BC options? Sorry, don't want to flip through 8 pages
Oregon State to the Hawaii Bowl (can't say I blame them)

Wash St was picked to the New Mexico Bowl, which is a Pac12 tie-in. Boston College picked for Independence Bowl, which is an ACC-tie in.

It looks like TexasAggie11 and Johnob2 might be the only ones in Houston. How funny is it that an Aggie and a fan from England is all we got so far. You guys are great!

I'll be there! Couldn't make it last year, so Houston will be new to me

according to Jerry Palm "almost zero" chance Minnesota goes to Gator over Nebraska

I agree with others that getting Syracuse is worse than playing Texas Tech again. Same location as last year against a team we just played last year just isn't intriguing.

I'm usually someone who is big on tradition, but this is what I absolutely hate about college football. It's not about who deserves it based on performance. It's not a fair playing field. The players/coaches have nothing to do with who draws the most fans or has the better program tradition.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>According to <a href="https://twitter.com/Nick_Mathews">@Nick_Mathews</a> of the Houston Chronicle, the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a> will face <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Syracuse&src=hash">#Syracuse</a> in the Texas Bowl.</p>— GopherHole.com (@GopherHole) <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherHole/statuses/409837371153457152">December 9, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

#Gophers RT @philsteele042: Texas Bowl Syracuse vs Minnesota

Sounds like it's official. So after having a better team this year and a better record we get rewarded with the same bowl game against a worse opponent. Yippee.

If Ohio State was eligible last year we'd have ended up in the Heart of Dallas Bowl. Hell, if Penn State was eligible we'd have been in Detroit.

If Ohio State was eligible last year we'd have ended up in the Heart of Dallas Bowl. Hell, if Penn State was eligible we'd have been in Detroit.

Same could be said this year. If we didn't have two teams in the BCS and if Penn St. was eligible, we'd probably be in Detroit even this year. Guaranteed Penn St. would have been picked over us this year.

Sounds like it's official. So after having a better team this year and a better record we get rewarded with the same bowl game against a worse opponent. Yippee.

We were fortunate to get into the Texas Bowl last year. It sucks today, but a year ago we had to lobby to get chosen ahead of Purdue, who had just fired their coach.

I'd still rather play a different opponent, and I'm happy I won't have to encounter any Red Raider fans.

This is the reality of bowl season for programs like ours.

There's no use complaining about it.

Here are the facts: It's a pointless game, in a ridiculous location, against a lame opponent.

Cheers.

This is the reality of bowl season for programs like ours.

There's no use complaining about it.

Here are the facts: It's a pointless game, in a ridiculous location, against a lame opponent.

Cheers.

Very sad, but very true. Until the team forces the hand of bowl committees by doing something like making the B1G Championship game, we'll continue to get screwed year after year after year into perpetuity. We've seen this SO many times...and can't expect anything different.

The bowl season is absurd and unfair to the kids, who are overworked anyway.

Set up a playoff with 8 teams and cancel the rest.

I realize this means no Rose Bowl ever for us. But the present situation is comical.

Brett McMurphy (ESPN):
Just got word it's Georgia vs. Nebraska in Gator Bowl on Jan. 1

Top Bottom