Big XII Commisioner Statement/Ruling Coming at 5 p.m.

Sure, he picked up a chair, but then he put it down. Give him a 5 game suspension.

My guess is we will all be surprised how light the punishments land, but who knows.

It appears to me that he put the chair down of his own accord. At first glance it looked like someone grabbed it but I don't actually see anyone pulling it from him by force. I'm guessing he turned around because he heard one of his coaches yelling behind him.

Twelve games, is too harsh for some too lenient for others.
Recruit thugs and this is what happens.

The suspensions were neither long enough nor did enough people receive them. The Big XII always will be a joke.

I’ve got even money that says De Sousa quits or is no longer on the team before his suspension is completed.

The suspensions were neither long enough nor did enough people receive them. The Big XII always will be a joke.
12 games seems appropriate to me. That's 40% of the season, during conference play, for a fight and first (known) disciplinary issue. Things would be a lot different if he swung the chair but there's a big difference between swinging a chair and what happened.

There was some clown on The Athletic comments section that thought some players should get prison time. (you can't make that sh*t up!)

I think he was worried that in the calamity someone would trip on the stool, so he simply lifted it out of the way
Nope, pretty sure he was just moving it so he could have a place to sit down and watch the boxing matches.

There was some clown on The Athletic comments section that thought some players should get prison time. (you can't make that sh*t up!)
If he would have swung the chair and injured another person I'd be in favor of him being charged with some version of assault that would include jail time.

This is the downside of "One and Done".

I really can't watch NBA Basketball anymore. (The Timberwolves sh!tsh*w doesn't entice me either.)

I'm pretty sure siphoning these kinds of immature players off to the G League will shift this type of chest-thumping BS there. I look forward to a better future for NCAA basketball.

Top Bottom