WOW: Michigan’s John Beilein has agreed to a five-year deal to coach Cleveland Cavs

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

gregbrady

Reaction score
Wow, not a great time to have to hire a new coach for UM. Candidates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Otis

Reaction score
I hope they hire Tubby!

MRJ

Reaction score
Whoa...never saw that one coming...:eek:

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Raise your hand if saw that coming.

Good hire by Cavs with a young team.

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Wow, not a great time to have to hire a new coach for UM. Candidates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My friend who is a huge Michigan fan and spends as much time on their boards as I do here tells me Luke Yaklich is the most likely hire, at least for an interim.

Bad time of the year to launch a coaching search but maybe they’ll pull a coach from a mid-Major? Not sure that is the Michigan Way

WindyCityGopher

Reaction score
This will shift the balance of power in the conference. Beilein was one of the best coaches in the college game and losing him will negatively impact Michigan without question. Really interested to see who they'll hire.

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Will we find out if Chris Beard really, really loves Lubbock, Texas?

Michigan's first phone call?

Lakers612

Reaction score
I bet they go after someone big... to be seen whether this will damage the basketball program

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
This will shift the balance of power in the conference. Beilein was one of the best coaches in the college game and losing him will negatively impact Michigan without question. Really interested to see who they'll hire.
I heard they might go after Pitino ;)

Gophs24

Reaction score
wow! that's a shocker. will be interesting to see who they can real in for the coaching job

they have 2 SF commits....if Coffey leaves we could offer 25-30 minutes of playing time right out of the gates

manderson1984

Reaction score
My friend who is a huge Michigan fan and spends as much time on their boards as I do here tells me Luke Yaklich is the most likely hire, at least for an interim.

Bad time of the year to launch a coaching search but maybe they’ll pull a coach from a mid-Major? Not sure that is the Michigan Way
Yaklich is brilliant defensively. Be interesting to see him run a program.

builtbadgers

Reaction score
Terrible blow for Michigan, JB ran it straight and won big. Pitino sr, will through his hat it but administration may view him as toxic. Beard just got a new deal with a very heavy buyout and due to a family issue is staying in the state of Texas.

Otis

Reaction score
First phone call: Rick Pitino!

manderson1984

Reaction score
Terrible blow for Michigan, JB ran it straight and won big. Pitino sr, will through his hat it but administration may view him as toxic. Beard just got a new deal with a very heavy buyout and due to a family issue is staying in the state of Texas.
I think Beard is just waiting for UT to open up next year, otherwise if TT keeps upping their resources why leave? I also wonder if they see an NBA guy coming back in to take the job. Donovan may be sick of Westbrook, Stevens, or an asst. alum like Juwan Howard?

mplarson7

Reaction score
Holy crap. Maybe now we'll actually beat Michigan for a change.

leib0039

Reaction score
Have to think Iggy is now for sure not coming back right? His coach left and never know how things change with a different coach, even an assistant.

BleedGopher

Reaction score

Go Gophers!!

Ope3

Reaction score
Maybe if the Cav's maintain their luck in the NBA Lottery, Beilein can have success. Otherwise, some school in 2021 or 2022 is going to make an awesome hire when he returns to the NCAA ranks.

Top Bottom