Big Dan is Back

He was in the other spring workout videos so we knew, but always nice to see more of the big guys.
Yeah, not a big surprise but nice to have official confirmation I guess.

We are going to have a ton of depth and experience along the offensive line this season. Will be interesting to see how they deploy them all and it is great to know that an injury or two should not be a major problem for us along the line in 2021.

Looking for some great things from Big Dan this fall!

In no particular order; Big Dan, Dunlap, Olson, Andries, Schlueter and Schmitz

We'll have to see who rotates when

That would seem like the main 6 and then there are a handful of other guys who have seen some playing time and should be able to provide depth. Plus we have Shaw coming in who has been a starter at the college level so could see him factoring into the mix as well. All told, we should be in great shape along the offensive line in 2021

That would seem like the main 6 and then there are a handful of other guys who have seen some playing time and should be able to provide depth. Plus we have Shaw coming in who has been a starter at the college level so could see him factoring into the mix as well. All told, we should be in great shape along the offensive line in 2021

Yeah, we finally have some depth on the OL. Shaw, Ruschmeyer and the young guys Ersery and Guedet look very promising! If we lose Schlueter, Olson and Andries after this year, we shouldn't be in horrible shape for 2022.

I love Gopher football win or lose. Spring talk only amps me up more. I anticipate another 2019-20 type of year. RTB

Minnesota Offensive Line nickname = BLOCKADE

"to stop an enemy, traditional by cutting off all shipping routes from getting what they want. It is done to lead an enemy to surrender or come to term with their defeat by showing the power to keep them from getting anything they want. "

I would say our offensive line will keep a lot of defenders away from what they want.

Looks like Dan da Man is carrying the football in the pix. Maybe he's replacing green in the wildcat. Just checked again - yup, they're trying to tackle him.
I'd really like to see this happen at least one time. Or at least be a lead blocker for Mo behind him.

Looks like Dan da Man is carrying the football in the pix. Maybe he's replacing green in the wildcat. Just checked again - yup, they're trying to tackle him.
That photo was from 2 or 3 spring game's ago, I think after Fleck's first season?

This is fantastic news! What is the gross weight of our starting offensive line now?

OSU is going to see a lot of Mo in that first game.

Will we run the 6 man front consistently again? Seems like we definitely have the horses.

Seem to remember Big Dan getting called out "loud" by Coach last year over the open mike during a practice session. Never really knew what was the issue but recollection is he left the field.

Here's to that staying in the past. This is a great boost going into The Great Recovery of 2021.

Get some of these boys drafted and the tide starts to turn in the West.

In no particular order; Big Dan, Dunlap, Olson, Andries, Schlueter and Schmitz

We'll have to see who rotates when
Yup, same group as 2019. Crazy to think every starter on the OL from the best season in my lifetime will be back two years later. Plus a former D1 starter transferring in. Deepest group I can remember...

Yup, same group as 2019. Crazy to think every starter on the OL from the best season in my lifetime will be back two years later. Plus a former D1 starter transferring in. Deepest group I can remember...
Yeah, the top 6 OL from 2019 but two years older, the same QB but two years older, 3 of the top 4 TE’s but two years older and a RB who was better last year than Smith or Brooks were in 2019, and a starting receiver but two years older.

Honestly on paper, there is no reason this offense can’t be just as good if not better than the 2019 one, especially if a guy like Dylan Wright emerged as a quality WR.

Yeah we don’t have Johnson and Bateman but with everyone else back, the superiority of the run game could every well make up for it.

I am not sure he can start...

It is difficult to have a really successful pro style QB, ie not a running QB, if the TE is not a significant part of the passing game.

Top Bottom