Bielema taunts Fleck in post-game locker room celebration (video)

We simply don't know how his class would have turned out or performed. Claiming you know based on ratings before it was even complete would be like celebrating PJ's recruiting rankings at the early signing period (IALTO). And I see you are trying to change the subject again with how TC would have done as a coach here - lets keep on topic, shall we?

Yeah lets keep it on topic then. The post I responded to was asking if PJ's ROI was worth it compared to the lower price of Claeys.

PJ - 7 years, winningest record has a head coach in the modern era, no scandals, New Years day bowl win, beat Wisconsin 3 times etc

or

Tracy - Massive scandal immediately into his first full season, worst recruiting class by far in the B1G when he was fired, was fired as a DC at WSU after 1.5 years for blowing games worse than NW and ILL combined, and worked his way out of coaching all together 3 years ago.

It's absurd to keep mentioning and defending Tracy. It's time to move on after 7 years.

Yeah lets keep it on topic then. The post I responded to was asking if PJ's ROI was worth it compared to the lower price of Claeys.

PJ - 7 years, winningest record has a head coach in the modern era, no scandals, New Years day bowl win, beat Wisconsin 3 times etc

or

Tracy - Massive scandal immediately into his first full season, worst recruiting class by far in the B1G when he was fired, was fired as a DC at WSU after 1.5 years for blowing games worse than NW and ILL combined, and worked his way out of coaching all together 3 years ago.

It's absurd to keep mentioning and defending Tracy. It's time to move on after 7 years.
It was time to move on from Tracy after about 7 hours. I don't know how anyone can say with a straight face that he is B10 HC material.

I think you’re on to something.

I still support him. I cannot stand his schtick. I couldn’t force myself to be that corny. My support is completely because it is rational to note some kids love him. He’s corny crap has worked and elevated the program.
Same. He reminds me of the motivational speakers corporate brings in that he paid a bunch to say nothing in a fancy way. Some people buy into.

I'm told the kids buy into (those that are here) Fleck but I'm not sure recruits are.

I don't understand why everyone thinks Rossi is a great coach.
Decent does not mean great. But if there's been any consistency to this program, it's the defense. Fleck ball doesn't work without it. If Rossi doesn't coach the D up, PJ is on the hotseat or gone.

It was time to move on from Tracy after about 7 hours. I don't know how anyone can say with a straight face that he is B10 HC material.
If people don't think Claeys was B10 HC material, I won't disagree. But if that is the case, then 9-4 should never be celebrated because that is a record that can be achieved in the only complete year by a guy who is not B10 HC material.

If people don't think Claeys was B10 HC material, I won't disagree. But if that is the case, then 9-4 should never be celebrated because that is a record that can be achieved in the only complete year by a guy who is not B10 HC material.
Gene Chizik has a national title on his resume and is widely regarded as an awful head coach.

He proved he can coach a Kill built team to 9-4, which deserves to be celebrated. Could he build his own team and go 9-4? That’s what most doubt.

Yeah lets keep it on topic then.
Sounds good, but you then followed it with a long post comparing PJ to TC as a coach. Which, we both know, was not what I objected to. You are trying very very hard to change the narrative. Should I assume then that you are done offering evidence to support your original claim:
His last recruiting class was so bad the football roster would have been as bad as the basketball roster after another year or two.
🤷‍♂️
Is that what I’m doing? You are the one that mentioned Claeys. I responded to you. My choices are a)agree with your take on his “last recruiting class” or b)I haven’t moved on in 7-years? Cool story. BTW - I think PJ is a better coach than TC would have been which I would have been happy to mention earlier, if that had been what our debate was about.

No idea. Internet arguments are tough to follow sometimes.
True. I’ll summarize to catch you up.

- GWG: TC’s last recruiting class was horrible
- Spoofin: Actually, he had 1 complete class that was very good and 1 incomplete class that never happened
- GWG: It’s obvious TC was a bad coach
-Spoofin: We were talking about his recruiting class
- GWG: Here are some stats on why PJ is a better coach than TC
- GWG: You “keep mentioning” TC and need to move on

True. I’ll summarize to catch you up.

- GWG: TC’s last recruiting class was horrible
- Spoofin: Actually, he had 1 complete class that was very good and 1 incomplete class that never happened
- GWG: It’s obvious TC was a bad coach
- GWG: Here are some stats on why PJ is a better coach than TC
- GWG: You “keep mentioning” TC and need to move on

You acting like we don't know how Claeys class would have finished with ~20 recruits committed, ranked in the 70s nationally 3 weeks before singing day is like saying we don't know what the weather will be like next week.

Do we know exactly what the weather will be like next week? No. But we have a really good idea. Unless Tracy was going to run off 15 of his players he spent significant time recruiting, and sign 15 new ones in 3 weeks, which was never going to happen, that class was going to be dead last by far in the B1G. It's not difficult to understand.

This isn't comparable to PJ's rankings over the summer. This was 3 weeks before signing day.

You acting like we don't know how Claeys class would have finished with ~20 recruits committed, ranked in the 70s nationally 3 weeks before singing day is like saying we don't know what the weather will be like next week.

Do we know exactly what the weather will be like next week? No. But we have a really good idea. Unless Tracy was going to run off 15 of his players he spent significant time recruiting, and sign 15 new ones in 3 weeks, which was never going to happen, that class was going to be dead last by far in the B1G. It's not difficult to understand.

This isn't comparable to PJ's rankings over the summer. This was 3 weeks before signing day.
But we don't know what would have happened in that final month. We also don't know how those players would have turned out. Would it have been a top ranked class? No. It could have been improved significantly tho. You are trying to extrapolate an incomplete year while ignoring the one class he actually signed to make your conclusion about how it would have been the same as the basketball team talent-wise. Maybe. Maybe not.

But we don't know what would have happened in that final month. We also don't know how those players would have turned out. Would it have been a top ranked class? No. It could have been improved significantly tho. You are trying to extrapolate an incomplete year while ignoring the one class he actually signed to make your conclusion about how it would have been the same as the basketball team talent-wise. Maybe. Maybe not.

We do know how those players turned out at other schools, none of them amounted to anything. Most of them were out of football faster than Tracy. It was a terrible class.

Top Bottom