Best Seats in TCF

skyman31

Reaction score
I am a recent grad from the U, and was looking into getting season tickets for this upcoming year. They have some decent deals for recent grads, and looks like there is still scattered tickets available. I haven't been to a game where i wasn't in the student section in a long time, and am not sure what section to get tickets in. Don't wanna break the bank, but willing to spend more than the bare minimum to get some decent spots. Would love feedback on what sections people are in/have sat in before, and if there are recommendations for best spots!

I am a recent grad from the U, and was looking into getting season tickets for this upcoming year. They have some decent deals for recent grads, and looks like there is still scattered tickets available. I haven't been to a game where i wasn't in the student section in a long time, and am not sure what section to get tickets in. Don't wanna break the bank, but willing to spend more than the bare minimum to get some decent spots. Would love feedback on what sections people are in/have sat in before, and if there are recommendations for best spots!
I am a fan of chair back seats and on the sunny side of the field. Rather be warm in the cold weather than worry about being hot in the warm weather. If you're in a chair back it should be a great seat.

Also curious if people have tried the gopher pass - I think I'd want to get traditional season tickets, it's fun to have your same seats always, but the gopher pass seems interesting.

Last - tailgating? Assuming with season tickets you get access to purchase parking passes for tailgating, do people have a preference on lots/thoughts on that process?

Also curious if people have tried the gopher pass - I think I'd want to get traditional season tickets, it's fun to have your same seats always, but the gopher pass seems interesting.

Last - tailgating? Assuming with season tickets you get access to purchase parking passes for tailgating, do people have a preference on lots/thoughts on that process?
Gopher Pass is pretty great value wise.

But you can't be sure when you'll get seats, and when you'll be standing room.

You can kinda guess generally based on the opponent, but it's not set in stone and you don't know until a few days before.

The lots around the stadium that allow tailgating all have a donation requirement attached to them. It's $2,500 for the lots next to the stadium and $1,000 for those one ring outside those. There is a map on the GopherSports website. My experience is that it's a (relatively) younger and rowdier crowd in the $1,000 lots, but more space to move around in the $2,500 lots. The most important thing to know about the donation lots is that your scholarship seating donations count toward that limit so, for example, if you buy two seats in Zone 1 that require a $600 per seat donation, you have met the threshold for a pass in the $1,000 lots. Some lots have sold out in the past, so I'd check with the ticket office before buying (and donating) if that's important to you.

There is no donation required to tailgate at the Fairgrounds (with a shuttle to the stadium). The Minneapolis Parks have allowed tailgating at the River Flats in the past, not sure if that's in play this season or not.

The lots around the stadium that allow tailgating all have a donation requirement attached to them. It's $2,500 for the lots next to the stadium and $1,000 for those one ring outside those. There is a map on the GopherSports website. My experience is that it's a (relatively) younger and rowdier crowd in the $1,000 lots, but more space to move around in the $2,500 lots. The most important thing to know about the donation lots is that your scholarship seating donations count toward that limit so, for example, if you buy two seats in Zone 1 that require a $600 per seat donation, you have met the threshold for a pass in the $1,000 lots. Some lots have sold out in the past, so I'd check with the ticket office before buying (and donating) if that's important to you.

There is no donation required to tailgate at the Fairgrounds (with a shuttle to the stadium). The Minneapolis Parks have allowed tailgating at the River Flats in the past, not sure if that's in play this season or not.
Oh that's great to know, really appreciate the info about the seating donations!

I always like the first row when I can get it. I was usually there as a student at the Dome and continue to prefer row 1 now. You get to see and hear a few things you may not even a few rows up, there's a ledge to lean and rest things on, nobody in front of you, and when we rush the field you have first dibs.

Not the best sight-lines (and not the most expensive seats either) but if I really wanted those I would stay home and watch on TV. Row 1 is the experience.

Personal preference, I like lower bowl, but high up as I can get... but not under the second level overhang.

Of course ... that's also where my seats are.

I'm in 117, which is a sunny side corner. While there are better views, the leg room is fantastic. I get reminded every time I go to a different venue for whatever about the available leg room. It's bench seats, but I get the seat backs, which I feel is worth it. I think they're $50/seat. Has a small donation.

When I've been there, I feel like the first few rows in the upper deck are the best viewing seats, but I'm guessing those will be hard to come by. Otherwise, lower deck mid to top row, you really can't go wrong. There definitely are some better environments around the Big Ten, but I think from a watching standpoint, I wouldn't trade our stadium for any. Good leg room, quick easy access to the concessions......I think there are still people in line for the bathroom in the north end zone sections in Lincoln since I was there and that was 2012.

I like closed end, sunny side, by students: band, Goldy, cheerleaders and nice angle to view both big screens...115 and 117 are not too spendy on donation levels

sunny side
wPjZys.gif

Not if the sun is out. 10-20 degree difference in how it feels. Penn State 2019 I was in shirt sleeves and the south side was still bundled up. And I'm a cold weather wimp.
Naw I was topless on the other side.

Asked to leave a few times, but still topless.

I am new to Gopher Football and I was wondering if my wife and I could buy tickets from the scalpers outside the stadium, if we can't buy tickets on line. Minnesota is a long way to go to see a football game without a ticket in hand. Plus there may be a change in attendance as well. Anyway we look forward to watching a great year of Gopher Football.

I am new to Gopher Football and I was wondering if my wife and I could buy tickets from the scalpers outside the stadium, if we can't buy tickets on line. Minnesota is a long way to go to see a football game without a ticket in hand. Plus there may be a change in attendance as well. Anyway we look forward to watching a great year of Gopher Football.
Tickets are all digital now so I don't know how the outside scalper experience will be.

Not if the sun is out. 10-20 degree difference in how it feels. Penn State 2019 I was in shirt sleeves and the south side was still bundled up. And I'm a cold weather wimp.
Correct.

Sunny side, 2nd deck, first row (or close to the first row), between the 30's. But I have always wanted to sit in the end-zone seats in the first row, but never have.

Last edited:

This is America. Sunny side or shade side is an individual choice. Nobody has the right to tell another where they should sit.

Sunny side second deck between the thirties. The seats are a couple of rows in from the aisle. So, I can beat most of you bastids to the rest room and get back during first, fourth quarter, media time out without missing a play.

This is America. Sunny side or shade side is an individual choice. Nobody has the right to tell another where they should sit.
Oh I think the sunny side folks should sit over where they like it on that side.

Don't need that riffraff over on the home side...

Top Bottom