Best news from Fleck at his presser

I just sent an email. It is beyond frustrating and makes us look unprofessional. Here's the contact info.

Football Office
Larson Football Performance Center
645 16th Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
E-Mail: [email protected]
Main Line: (612) 624-6004 or 1-800-424-8636
Fax: (612) 626-1889
It is rare that I reply to my own post but the email that I sent just bounced back saying that they didn't find that address at that domain. When I went to call the phone number to inform this error on GopherSports.com, it says that the mailbox is full! NOT a good look! Does anyone have any other connections to the program to inform them of this continued lack of professionalism?

It is rare that I reply to my own post but the email that I sent just bounced back saying that they didn't find that address at that domain. When I went to call the phone number to inform this error on GopherSports.com, it says that the mailbox is full! NOT a good look! Does anyone have any other connections to the program to inform them of this continued lack of professionalism?
I wanted to donate during to give to the max day but wasn't going to use a credit card and had some questions.

I emailed the Golden Gopher Fund email ... no response to giving money ... ever.

Last edited:

Interesting that Fleck mentioned several players are involved in NIL deals and how he views the market as an advantage for recruiting (regarding NILs).

What he, of course, doesn't say is that a lot of the big corporate money here is not going to have much if any interest in signing a NIL deal with a single college athlete, even if they are at the Big Ten level.

NIL deals are going to come from smaller companies, usually where the owner is a big fan/booster.

Is this the first time you've heard a PJ Fleck presser?

That's just part of the deal, man. Anywhere from 50-90% of the words are what you might call "beating around the bush".
I think the point hungan1 is making is mic the questions from the audience. It is interesting because if I remember right, I think for Johnson's they are mic'd so you hear the questions.

1648662525424.png

Eye surgery? He looks different in this presser.

Email PJ or one of his coaches/staff members directly. I bet someone will respond.

He sounds really upset about last year and really excited about this year:

Mo running at 100%. Potts fully involved in workouts. (Neither in contact yet; but good news none the less.)

Two transfer DBs, Ryan Stapp from Abilene Christian and Beanie Bishop from WKU, look good.

Center JMS stayed for year six. Brought in Michigan transfer Filiaga for year 6 to help o-line.

Likely starting OT Ersery ceiling prbly higher than any lineman he's had here.

Boe, Shaw, Cooper, Lewis have been in o-line room and ready to step up.

Chance we will enter season with ten o-line guys with big game experience. (Ruschmeyer also returned, Carroll still coming; Guedet in year 4, Ruschmeyer in year 6).

Vandy d-line transfer Surgers looks really good in workouts. Good words on Clemson dline guy, Jeffries.

Sounds like he is really happy with new dline coach. Players hang on every word.

Fleck loves depth in o-line and d-line. Maybe more depth than last year.

Fleck says he failed in not surpassing nine wins last year. Says his offense failed in consistency.

Sounds like he has confidence they can get monster seasons from Dylan Wright, Daniel Jackson, Michael Brown Stephens.

Autman-Bell looks amazing.

Team hasn't had a better off season.

LFG!
Sounds like we are going 15-0

call me the cynic of the bunch, but there are very few things in sports as meaningless as a season-opening press conference.

TO BE CLEAR - this is not just a 'Fleck' thing. 99% of coaches are going to come out for the season-opening presser and try to be as optimistic as possible. It's the nature of the beast - they're trying to sell their program and sell tickets.

But, there is generally a lot more noise than substance.

All the young players look great. all of the players coming back from injury are making good progress - although details can be a little scarce.....

I am just in the realm of "show me, don't tell me."

Let's see what the team looks like on the field and let us judge for ourselves.

call me the cynic of the bunch, but there are very few things in sports as meaningless as a season-opening press conference.

TO BE CLEAR - this is not just a 'Fleck' thing. 99% of coaches are going to come out for the season-opening presser and try to be as optimistic as possible. It's the nature of the beast - they're trying to sell their program and sell tickets.

All the young players look great. all of the players coming back from injury are making good progress - although details can be a little scarce.....

Not with Fleck. He often has talked about how many problems he has to face in many of his opening press conferences. Youngest team in America, so many new faces who need to figure things out, team needs to learn the RTB system, team needs to be player led, Covid problems, social justice issues, etc. None of that this time. He is pumped.

You’re in the realm of show me don’t tell me yet here you are on a football board in March listening lol

I wanted to donate during to give to the max day but wasn't going to use a credit card and had some questions.

I emailed the Golden Gopher Fund email ... no response to giving money ... ever.
Not elite! That is too bad. We need to demand more from the athletic department.

Do you need help restraining whoever is forcing you to watch a March press conference on spring football?

View attachment 17766

Eye surgery? He looks different in this presser.
Is it due to a bad reaction to some treatment he received at a beauty and health spa?

Today's generations are different than the Baby Boomer Generation. We'd rather spend money on good beer.

There are just so many personal, team, and coaching variables that go into roster management. Fleck truly believes in the system of people doing what they feel is best for them.

Hypothetical: Is a PWO better going to a Missouri Valley team and playing and then transferring up or taking a PWO at MN? So many options out there.
That is a real dilemma. High school kids have to pick wisely.

Competition from the Transfer Portal means fewer scholarships are available to them. That is a real variable in roster management.

Transfer players from Clemson, Michigan, and Notre Dame provide the Gophers immediately with proven quality starters that address needs and build team depth.

The risk/reward thing becomes complicated.

What he, of course, doesn't say is that a lot of the big corporate money here is not going to have much if any interest in signing a NIL deal with a single college athlete, even if they are at the Big Ten level.

NIL deals are going to come from smaller companies, usually where the owner is a big fan/booster.
They should ban together and pool money for PWO players. When mom and dad do not have to pay tuition, that is a victory.

Email PJ or one of his coaches/staff members directly. I bet someone will respond.
This is a good question for the PJ Fleck Show this season. Are we going to pose advanced questions from the Gopherhole Message board?

Top Bottom