Best news from Fleck at his presser

swingman

Reaction score

He sounds really upset about last year and really excited about this year:

Mo running at 100%. Potts fully involved in workouts. (Neither in contact yet; but good news none the less.)

Two transfer DBs, Ryan Stapp from Abilene Christian and Beanie Bishop from WKU, look good.

Center JMS stayed for year six. Brought in Michigan transfer Filiaga for year 6 to help o-line.

Likely starting OT Ersery ceiling prbly higher than any lineman he's had here.

Boe, Shaw, Cooper, Lewis have been in o-line room and ready to step up.

Chance we will enter season with ten o-line guys with big game experience. (Ruschmeyer also returned, Carroll still coming; Guedet in year 4, Ruschmeyer in year 6).

Vandy d-line transfer Surgers looks really good in workouts. Good words on Clemson dline guy, Jefferies.

Sounds like he is really happy with new dline coach. Players hang on every word.

Fleck loves depth in o-line and d-line. Maybe more depth than last year. Says not especially worried about either position despite big turnover.

Fleck says he failed in not surpassing nine wins last year. Says his offense failed in consistency.

Sounds like he has confidence they can get monster seasons from Dylan Wright, Daniel Jackson, Michael Brown Stephens.

Autman-Bell looks amazing.

Team hasn't had a better off season.

LFG!

Last edited:

Don't know which Fleck this is, but good that he's disappointed and wants better. Don't know about the jacket. I think I like it, but not sure. I really wish they would give the "question askers" a microphone.

I mean wasn’t most of that implied when he fired the guy in charge of the offense and didn’t hire the Co-OC as the new OC?

We all think that the Gophers could/should have won more than nine. PJ isn't interested in just being good enough.

He sounds really upset about last year and really excited about this year:

Mo running at 100%. Potts fully involved in workouts. (Neither in contact yet; but good news none the less.)

Two transfer DBs, Ryan Stapp from Abilene Christian and Beanie Bishop from WKU, look good.

Center JMS stayed for year six. Brought in Michigan transfer Filiaga for year 6 to help o-line.

Likely starting OT Ersery ceiling prbly higher than any lineman he's had here.

Boe, Shaw, Cooper, Lewis have been in o-line room and ready to step up.

Chance we will enter season with ten o-line guys with big game experience. (Ruschmeyer also returned, Carroll still coming; Guedet in year 4, Ruschmeyer in year 6).

Clemson d-line transfer Surgers looks good in workouts.

Fleck loves depth in o-line and d-line. Maybe more depth than last year.

Fleck says he failed in not surpassing nine wins last year. Says his offense failed in consistency.

Sounds like he has confidence they can get monster seasons from Dylan Wright, Daniel Jackson, Michael Brown Stephens.

Autman-Bell looks amazing.

Team hasn't had a better off season.

LFG!
Rose bowl!

I know this is a first world problem but, damn, can someone get a microphone to the people asking questions???
I brought that up in the basketball forum. So frustrating to watch coach stare out to nothing, then talk about him or he or they and have no idea who that is.

Don't know which Fleck this is, but good that he's disappointed and wants better. Don't know about the jacket.
Hand stitching- thats likely a bespoke coat and probably has surgeon cuffs as well. He’s GQing out baby.
I think I like it, but not sure. I really wish they would give the "question askers" a microphone.

Hand stitching- thats likely a bespoke coat and probably has surgeon cuffs as well. He’s GQing out baby.
I could see myself wearing it, but just different from what I'm used to. Plus, he is a surgeon when it comes to coaching, so it fits him........... GQ BABY!!!!

I know this is a first world problem but, damn, can someone get a microphone to the people asking questions???
Half the substance of the pressers is the audience questions. Has anyone ever brought this to the attention of the Gopher staff?

Folks who need reassurance that Fleck wants to win more ... don't know PJ.
He certainly tamed the distractors over the years since he took over.

No one is making fun of HYPRR culture now like in his first season. Maybe Frosty still does.

Last edited:

I'd like to know about what impact roster management has on PWOs. I can see where we get a lot of Transfer Portal talent that may make it competitive for HS recruits.

Will more high-end high school players consider the PWO route? Player development is the heart and soul of the program. It will be competitive as heck, IMHO.

I'd like to know about what impact roster management has on PWOs. I can see where we get a lot of Transfer Portal talent that may make it competitive for HS recruits.

Will more high-end high school players consider the PWO route? Player development is the heart and soul of the program. It will be competitive as heck, IMHO.
There are just so many personal, team, and coaching variables that go into roster management. Fleck truly believes in the system of people doing what they feel is best for them.

Hypothetical: Is a PWO better going to a Missouri Valley team and playing and then transferring up or taking a PWO at MN? So many options out there.

There are just so many personal, team, and coaching variables that go into roster management. Fleck truly believes in the system of people doing what they feel is best for them.

Hypothetical: Is a PWO better going to a Missouri Valley team and playing and then transferring up or taking a PWO at MN? So many options out there.
No hard-and-fast correct answer there. Indeed, will be a choice that those borderline PWO/scholly guys have to make.

Open some restaurants selling fried chicken?

giphy.gif

Half the substance of the pressers is the audience questions. Has anyone ever brought this to the attention of the Gopher staff?
I just sent an email. It is beyond frustrating and makes us look unprofessional. Here's the contact info.

Football Office
Larson Football Performance Center
645 16th Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
E-Mail: [email protected]
Main Line: (612) 624-6004 or 1-800-424-8636
Fax: (612) 626-1889

Is this the first time you've heard a PJ Fleck presser?

That's just part of the deal, man. Anywhere from 50-90% of the words are what you might call "beating around the bush".

Top Bottom