Ben Lauer broke his hand yesterday at practice and is questionable for Ohio

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Also Connely (sp) got a concussion in practice yesterday. Kill said they have been rotating reps with the 3 freshmen on the line in practice. Looks like some red shirts are coming off this weekend.

Are they beating each other up too much in practice, or just bad luck?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Also Connely (sp) got a concussion in practice yesterday. Kill said they have been rotating reps with the 3 freshmen on the line in practice. Looks like some red shirts are coming off this weekend.

At this point unless they call me out of the stands they're going to have to pull OL redshirts I think.

Travis is out again. Ace Rogers will play though.

Shannon Brooks will get carries this week according to Kill.

Time to throw Quinn Oseland in to get his feet wet. Lauer cannot be counted on next year. It is a shame he can't stay healthy as he looked like he was going to be a stud after his freshman year.

Time to throw Quinn Oseland in to get his feet wet. Lauer cannot be counted on next year. It is a shame he can't stay healthy as he looked like he was going to be a stud after his freshman year.

Some guys just get the injury bug. Lauer is one of them unfortunately.

Kill didn't necessarily rule Lauer out for Saturday though.

Jeez, I know injuries happen in football, but this is crazy bad luck. The next 3 games were considered by most to be pretty sure wins coming into the season. Keep piling on the injuries (only adding to the chaos on offense) and all 3 become far more difficult. Ugh.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Well that pretty much ensures that some of the Freshman will end up playing. I hope that experience benefits the Gophers down the line and they have less bad luck with Injury's.

Its common for Offensive Lineman to play with broken hands and casts. If they can stand the pain, it doesn't do anything but help them not hold.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Educate me please! Our o-line is suffering with injuries and the coaches are running drills in practice where a lineman can sustain a concussion and a broken hand. Is this standard operating procedure? Doesn't sound like the greatest idea to me. Why not protect these guys till the game? Coach keeps saying we need to get healthy. Huh?

Its common for Offensive Lineman to play with broken hands and casts. If they can stand the pain, it doesn't do anything but help them not hold.

That shouldn't be an issue since OL never hold anyway.

Broke my hand in HS FB - fluke injury, just got caught in a jersey. My surgeon said it happens all of the time and not because of getting it smashed.

IMO, the root cause is that our o-line recruiting was head scratching for a few years. We had one class where our only recruit was Alex Mayes... not sure how that happens. The next class had Connor Mayes, Jared Weyler, and Luke Rasmussen. Mayes will be good, Weyler and Rasmussen were lightly recruited and may never play.

Was he trying to catch an end over end Leidner pass? #YOLO

Educate me please! Our o-line is suffering with injuries and the coaches are running drills in practice where a lineman can sustain a concussion and a broken hand. Is this standard operating procedure? Doesn't sound like the greatest idea to me. Why not protect these guys till the game? Coach keeps saying we need to get healthy. Huh?

Add it to the list of many things that don't seem to connect

h1ugQv5.jpg

Top Bottom