Barker Transfering?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, offense wise, it is a loss since before the injury he was the most productive receiver.

How would giving Barker or any walk-on a scholarship hurt Kill's plan in building our program? Kill must not see it as productive in program building. The NCAA compliance book I only going to get thicker with what we are seeing around the country.

Thank you for not giving me a scholarship. As an unrecruited walk-on I can transfer without having to sit out a year, which I verified in the NCAA transfer-guide for 2012-2013. I can’t wait until the end of the season because that would risk you building up a false reputation around me that could make me unattractive to any other football program.

I think you did that yourself, AJ.

@NadineBabu: RT @MNBrianHall: People who follow Barker on twitter might remember that he blasted is HS coach a couple months ago.

Since we will only hear one side of this story it will be hard to say what really happened. AJ can spout what he wants and the university will be very limited in what they can say in return. I really wonder on his timing on this and just what he was trying to get out of this. What purpose does this serve now? Jerry has his faults, as do all of us, but he also has done a lot of good for a lot of people over the years. If AJ really wanted to deal with this why not wait until after the season and have that meeting with Teague and his parents with Coach Kill that he is now mentioning? Instead he throws the team under the bus by making this an issue now and in this way. So AJ keeping learning and realize that you handled this in a very poor way.

Wow. What a bombshell. The kid has issues. I agree, why not deal with this behind close doors with Teague, his parents, and Coach Kill? There are always sides to a story.

Oh well, CBS is projecting Minnesota to beat Michigan State and play Mississippi State on Jan. 1 in the Gator Bowl.

@NadineBabu: RT @MNBrianHall: People who follow Barker on twitter might remember that he blasted is HS coach a couple months ago.

Well, that shows a level of maturity. I don't think he likes coaches.

What school will take a player that rips his HS & college coaches.

Yeah, I thought about this too. I don't think anyone looks good in this.

Cry me a river. This will destroy the program and recruiting. Yeah right. lol His ranting is a joke. Nothing shows mental toughness like crying about a lost girlfriend to the whole world. Social media should be taken with a grain of salt. If he doesn't want to be here then good riddens, Are we suppose to feel sorry for him? If the coaching staff thought he was as good as he thinks he is, he would have got a scholarship. They don't, that's life. Coaches want good players. He was a walk on here for a reason. This is not Eric Decker.

I call BS on this whole thing. Barker orchestrated this whole "rant" to try to promote his mom's best friend for a scouting gig. Its unconventional for sure but now every college program and NFL club is aware of her eye for talent.

I call BS on this whole thing. Barker orchestrated this whole "rant" to try to promote his mom's best friend for a scouting gig. Its unconventional for sure but now every college program and NFL club is aware of her eye for talent.

Great job getting the inside scoop!

In the Illinois post game video Kill referred to the upperclassmen not liking him.

well, offense wise, it is a loss since before the injury he was the most productive receiver.

Agreed, but Kill isn't playing for this year or next. He knows 2014 is his make or break year. There's a reason that he is playing so many underclassmen. Barker deserves a scholie, but I am guessing that Kill would rather give it to a new recruit next year and risk losing Barker.

This kid has some serious issues to deal with here. I really like the fact that he would meet with Kill but ONLY if his parents are joining him to the meeting. What are you 5 years old? Grow up Barker and play the game. I am pretty sure Kill has been around long enough to understand what it takes to make a successful football team.

Looks like we could be eliminating a virus in the locker room! Time to move on and beat Michigan State. End of story.

AJ mentioned other players he was "like" mentioned Brandon Jacobs ... Whoops

Former SIU RB/New York Giant Brandon Jacobs
"Playing for Coach Kill was special. He treated you like a man. There was a level of respect. He treated all his players fairly. He expected the best out of you and wanted you to go out and do everything you could to go out there and win. He stood behind you no matter what the situation. He's the perfect college coach. He's great for college football. I want to congratulate Minnesota because they are getting a great coach and I want to congratulate Coach Kill for moving up the ladder so fast. He was successful at Southern (Illinois), he was successful at Northern (Illinois) and now I know he's going to be successful at Minnesota."

Will someone please get in Barker's ear and tell him the more he opens his mouth the worse he looks. Yes I understand your made and you feel violated but you are damaging your reputation down the line. Anything you post on the internet will follow you around for the rest of your life. If he comes into my company and is looking for a job, why am I going to hire someone who is going to throw me under the bus publicly if things do not go his way.

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson
More Barker quotes: "I contemplated not writing the letter, but people can speak up now... I know others have gone through this." #gophers

@DarrenWolfson
More AJ: "I know people will call me psycho, but I didn't want to be the guy who said nothing." Said has thought about legal ramifications.

‏@DarrenWolfson
Had a chat w/ AJ. Hoping to have him on @1500ESPN tomorrow. He never went to Teague. "Fear that I would be labeled the problem." #gophers

Agreed, but Kill isn't playing for this year or next. He knows 2014 is his make or break year. There's a reason that he is playing so many underclassmen. Barker deserves a scholie, but I am guessing that Kill would rather give it to a new recruit next year and risk losing Barker.

Nice advice he there from his Mom. What a crybaby.

Why is everyone turning on Barker? Maybe everyones favorite Jerry Kill is the problem.

The thing that strikes me as interesting is how he thinks he knows more than anyone else.

He thinks he knows more than the training staff. That's why he was self-diagnosing himself weeks AFTER deciding against taking an MRI because HE thought he didn't need one. Then he blames the trainers for not telling him earlier that he had an ankle sprain until he finally let them take an MRI.

He thinks he knows more than the coaching staff. Implying he deserved a scholarship over someone else. Quoting his mother's friend who said he's the best player on the team. Saying Kill "never had the power to break me."

"2004 was the best season I ever had up to that point,” he said of his time at SIU. “I thank my teammates and Coach (Jerry) Kill for that

Jacobs credits his teammates and coaches in Carbondale for his success. He jokes lovingly about Kill, who pushed him from day one.

“It seemed like, no matter what I did, he was on me,” he said. “Like after every play, coach was like, ‘Brandon this, Brandon that.’ By the end of the year, I think coach was calling everybody on the team Brandon.”

-Brandon Jacobs

“The greatest blessing was the hiring of Jerry Kill, who is now at Northern Illinois. I was with him for one year and he gave me an opportunity, let me back onto the football team, and that’s why I always give other people second opportunities and chances,” Scott said. “I got suspended for an argument and that almost cost me my career. The greatest thing that ever happened to me was going to Southern Illinois, traveling the road I traveled. It built character, it made me hard on the outside. Not easily broken, not easily deterred

-Bart Scott

I found these quotes because these are two players that Barker says Kill compared him too and treated similarly to him I'd guess. Just showing the different ways you can handle it.

It doesn't matter if Kill is Mike Leech on a roid rage... Barker is psycho baby. Did you read the letter? I AM SPECIAL... I AM SPECIAL... MY MOM NEEDS TO BE AT THE MEETING WITH THE AD AND COACH... MY MOMS FRIEND SAYS I AM THE BEST PLAYER...

Reusse tweet commenting on Barker. When he did story on Barkers they were independent thinkers. Nice way of saying different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom