Anyone know who the wealthy alumni are?

Coolew01

Reaction score
Besides T. Denny Sanford. Interested with the large amount of money the U needs to raise for the practice facilities.

From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_University_of_Minnesota_people0

Anthony Adducci, founder of Guidant
John S. Barry, former CEO, WD-40 Company.[162]
James H. Binger, former CEO, Honeywell
Tom Burnett, Vice President, Thoratec Corporation
Austen S. Cargill II, heir and major shareholder of Cargill
Margaret Anne Cargill, philanthropy
Curt Carlson, founder of the Carlson Companies
Alden W. Clausen, former CEO, Bank of America
John Donovan, Executive Vice President for Global Sales and Consulting Services, VeriSign
John Hammergren, CEO, McKesson Corporation
Rodney R. Hannula, U.S. National Guard general
Terrance Hanold, former President of the Pillsbury Company
Harry Heltzer, former CEO, 3M Corporation
Robert E. Hillard, public relations executive
Duane Ilstrup, statistician
Irwin L. Jacobs, entrepreneur
Mildred Jeffrey, former President of United Auto Workers and winner of the Presidential Medal of Freedom
James A. Johnson (politics), former CEO, Fannie Mae
Joseph M. Juran, management consultant
Frederick Kappel, former Chairman of AT&T.
Stephen F. Keating, former President, Honeywell
Erwin Kelm, former President, Cargill
Mari Kooi, CEO, Wolf Asset Management International LLC
Ted Mann, head of Mann Theatres
James O'Shaughnessy, asset manager
John S. Pillsbury, Jr., former President, Northwestern National Life Insurance Company
Chuck Porter (executive)
Prakash Puram, former CEO of iXmatch
William John Quinn, former President, Milwaukee Road
K.V.K. Raju, technopreneur
Osman Rashid, entrepreneur
Lee Raymond, former CEO, Exxon Mobil Corporation
William J. Ruane, investor
T. Denny Sanford, CEO, United National Corporation
Irving S. Shapiro, former CEO, DuPont
Ballard F. Smith, former President, San Diego Padres
Steven Snyder, management consultant
Michael Sokolski, engineer, founder and inventor of Scantron [163]
Arne Sorenson, CEO, Marriott International
Thomas O. Staggs, Chairman, Walt Disney Co.
Melvin Steen, corporate attorney
Ronald Stordahl, CEO, Digi-Key
John Stumpf, CEO, Wells Fargo Bank
Michael P. Sullivan, former President, Dairy Queen
Eric Swanson, General Counsel of BATS Trading
Robert Ulrich, CEO, Target
Erwin Tomash, co-founder, Dataproducts
Scott Ward, President (Vascular), Medtronic, Inc.
Roy Wilkins, former Executive Director of the NAACP
David W. Winn, U.S. Air Force general
Michael W. Wright, former CEO of SuperValu (United States)
Whitney Young, former Executive Director, National Urban League

Section2, assuming he has been able to keep most of that $400/hr.

Section2, assuming he has been able to keep most of that $400/hr.

bga, independently wealthy business owner.
station19, dependently wealthy supporter of Big Ole in Alex.

Richard & Lollie Ames
Jeffrey & Nancy Berg
Richard P. Burke
H. Richard & Faith Coleman
Charles & Kathy Cunningham
Robert & Lynne Cunningham
William R. & Terry Dircks
Alexandra & Robert C. Klas, Sr.
Hon. David M. & Janis L. Larson
Thomas & Diane Lentz
John E. & Nancy E. Lindahl
Harvey & Carol Ann Mackay
Bill & Kay McReavy
James W. & Lorna K. Nelson
Dale E. & Jeri L. Peterson
Kathleen C. Ridder
Curt Sampson Family
T. Denny Sanford
Philip D. & Deborah K. Saunders
Lowell Schwab & Rae Carter
Dr. J. Patrick & Linda M. Smith
Leland N. & Louise C. Sundet
Mike & Judy Wright
Simon N. & Karen M. Zeller

I just had a thought, rare as it may be:

Sid Hartman has outlived all of his heirs, and when he passes, every penny will go to U of M Athletics. While he may not be a U of M alumnus, He loves the U.

Sid Hartman has outlived all of his heirs, and when he passes, every penny will go to U of M Athletics. While he may not be a U of M alumnus, He loves the U.

Do you have room in your boat? I'll swear to it that we were on Ottertail when Sid went to land a walleye and oops fell overboard and instantly sank to the bottom.

These guys too

These are all millionaires and have contributed:

Rod Wallace
Dave Mona
football McNamara's
Lou Nanne
Paul Molitor
Kris Humphries
Ken Mauer

Do you have room in your boat? I'll swear to it that we were on Ottertail when Sid went to land a walleye and oops fell overboard and instantly sank to the bottom.

No way, coolew...sh!t floats.

Sid Hartman has outlived all of his heirs
, and when he passes, every penny will go to U of M Athletics. While he may not be a U of M alumnus, He loves the U.

Chad Hartman may be surprised to hear this.

Go Gophers!!

Sid said on The Sports Show & other various times that he's done donating to the U & the Amplatz will get everything from him.

My guess is he's bitter because he wasn't given the scoop on the latest hirings...

The rumor has always been that Sid has never picked up a check.

Some of those listed in this thread are dead already.

If I remember, I think Sid said he can't donate to the U Athletic Department because the Strib would view that as a conflict of interest, as long as Sid is covering the U as a reporter/columnist. I would not be surprised if Sid left the U something in his will, when or if he dies. I wonder if Vegas has odds on Sid hitting 100.........

All they have to do is create the dynamics of a contest and the money will come rolling in.

If I remember, I think Sid said he can't donate to the U Athletic Department because the Strib would view that as a conflict of interest, as long as Sid is covering the U as a reporter/columnist. I would not be surprised if Sid left the U something in his will, when or if he dies. I wonder if Vegas has odds on Sid hitting 100.........

Sid has said many times he is through giving money to the U. Most recently last week on the Sports Show.

Sid has said many times he is through giving money to the U. Most recently last week on the Sports Show.

This from a guy who was notorious for never reaching for the check when he was younger. I suspect if he picks up the check now he probably tries to pay the bill twice. I know we all make fun of him but I suspect most of us here will be lucky to live as long a life as he is going to do and still have have some of our facilities working. We should be so lucky!

This from a guy who was notorious for never reaching for the check when he was younger. I suspect if he picks up the check now he probably tries to pay the bill twice. I know we all make fun of him but I suspect most of us here will be lucky to live as long a life as he is going to do and still have have some of our facilities working. We should be so lucky!

Mike Max and Ruesse both have told the story numerous times of when going to a certain restaurant(I can't remember the name) Sid would always have the same thing and his bill was always $10.04 with tax. Sid would always tell the cashier that he's talked to the owner and he doesn't have to pay the .04

Mike Max and Ruesse both have told the story numerous times of when going to a certain restaurant(I can't remember the name) Sid would always have the same thing and his bill was always $10.04 with tax. Sid would always tell the cashier that he's talked to the owner and he doesn't have to pay the .04

That is a great Sid story. I expect it will be told at his funeral.

Didn't Sid lose a fair amount of money to Bernie Madoff?

I have heard rumors of that but I don't know if that is true. If it is true, I am sure that the money that was lost is the money he was going to donate to the U and not any of his own money.

I have heard rumors of that but I don't know if that is true. If it is true, I am sure that the money that was lost is the money he was going to donate to the U and not any of his own money.

It is definitely true. His name was in a published list of Madoff's victims.

Sid said on The Sports Show & other various times that he's done donating to the U & the Amplatz will get everything from him.

My guess is he's bitter because he wasn't given the scoop on the latest hirings...

He held a fundraiser a few years back to endow a scholarship in his name. I think it was the NCAA that wouldn't allow him to donate until his death due to conflict of interest or whatever.

Hopefully he comes around and Woody can get some money out of him.

Top Bottom