Anyone else really struggling with this?

I was definitely bummed all day yesterday, and then NPR talked about it again this morning, and I'm bummed again.

Me while watching the press conference...

ngaynay12tuyetchieugiupthaihanhkhongcaymat_1.jpg

Right! It was the onions. :rolleyes:

Wow...let's step away from the ledge. Jerry is not dead. While it is sad, it is what's best for his ongoing life and family. Lets remember it's just football, lets try to keep things in perspective. Jerry came to that realization, family is most important.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yeah lets keep some perspective. A neighbor lady of mine died earlier this week leaving behind 3 small children. That's heartbreaking.

Watching Jerry have to give up what he loved doing was tough but he's made the right decision for himself, one that will allow him and his family to enjoy each others' presence, hopefully for many more years to come.

Wow...let's step away from the ledge. Jerry is not dead. While it is sad, it is what's best for his ongoing life and family. Lets remember it's just football, lets try to keep things in perspective. Jerry came to that realization, family is most important.

I don't think anyone is on the ledge. It was just tough to see him that way. It obviously was a very tough thing for him to do.

Gotta love it when the objective sports realists come out and tell other people how to feel as fans.

Yeah I know...but talking about really struggling with this or its still bothering them is a little extreme. Again, i feel for Jerry and it's a sad situation but let's maintain some perspective. Does not come close to matching up to situation like Flip losing his battle to cancer or a mother passing and leaving 3 kids behind.

Yeah I know...but talking about really struggling with this or its still bothering them is a little extreme. Again, i feel for Jerry and it's a sad situation but let's maintain some perspective. Does not come close to matching up to situation like Flip losing his battle to cancer or a mother passing and leaving 3 kids behind.

It's almost like human beings don't have uniform emotional reactions. Weird.

Gotta love it when the objective sports realists come out and tell other people how to feel as fans.
If something like this is turning your world upside down, good luck in life.

Have you even read the title of the thread you are posting in?

I would be lying if I said I didn't immediately think of the recruits and the future of our program when I heard this news. Then 8:30 came and I watched the press conference live...it was at that moment that I realized how unbelievably lucky we were to have Jerry Kill for these years, especially since 2013. "Leaving everything out on the field" is a cliche that is incredibly overused but Jerry Kill absolutely left every piece of him out on that field. He literally risked his life for the game of football and when he could have simply gone through the motions, he did quite the opposite and gave us everything he had. Imagine the past year for him - dealing with these horrible health issues, dealing with what I can only imagine has been a difficult time at home and with his family, and also working his tail off for this practice facility because he had a vision for our program. On top of all of that, he had to obviously deal with what was happening on the field. I can't even imagine. Coach Kill will be forever remembered (hopefully as a building at the practice facility).

I also see people mentioning they have a hunch that we haven't seen the last of Jerry. I can't imagine him being able to be anywhere near the football field again, but just so people know the University is contractually obligated to provide him with a position and pay him minimum $200,000 if he accepts. I would love for him to be in a position related to mentoring or fundraising.

Top Bottom