And now Emilien joins the list in the portal

Douglas Emilien has been with the program for three years. He wants to play and he is buried in the depth chart. I wish him the best in his transfer.

Competition can be unforgiving despite the very best efforts. The lessons learned in discipline and hard work will serve Emilien well in his new landing spot.

Noted this in another thread -

there is a new episode out of the "Gopher Gridiron Radio" podcast.

a LOT of discussion about NIL, the transfer portal, and the impact on recruiting.

one note - Ryan Burns said that Fleck will definitely recruit fewer HS players in each class because he wants to keep more roster spots open for transfers.

a LOT of discussion about NIL, the transfer portal, and the impact on recruiting.

one note - Ryan Burns said that Fleck will definitely recruit fewer HS players in each class because he wants to keep more roster spots open for transfers.
I think it's more than even keeping roster spots, in some ways it's a waste to put the time and energy developing some of these guys when they leave the second there is any friction on their path to PT

Personally, I'd still recruit HS kids just like they are now. The roster spots for transfers will open on their own when others leave, as we've seen this year. Recruiting a high level prospect is still important IMO. If they dont pick you out of HS they may still be interested in you as a transfer. The #1 RB recruit who is leaving Bama probably remembers who were his 2nd or 3rd choices and that will be his short list. Unless PJ has a ton of NIL money backing him, he still needs to focus on HS kids for now, and in the future.

Personally, I'd still recruit HS kids just like they are now. The roster spots for transfers will open on their own when others leave, as we've seen this year. Recruiting a high level prospect is still important IMO. If they dont pick you out of HS they may still be interested in you as a transfer. The #1 RB recruit who is leaving Bama probably remembers who were his 2nd or 3rd choices and that will be his short list. Unless PJ has a ton of NIL money backing him, he still needs to focus on HS kids for now, and in the future.
HS players are still going to be recruited but instead of signing 25 you might just sign 20 in order to leave more room for transfers.

Depending on transfer players to fill a significant fraction of your two deep is a sign of poor high school recruiting and player development.

Depending on spending your time on a rivals board to fill a significant fraction of your day is a sign poor personal development.
On the plus side he doesn't really seem to be pretending to be both a Gopher and Badger fan anymore. He posted something similar to the post you replied to in a different thread but then had to tweak it because his Badgers also went after transfers so he added the 2 deep part.

I think the real issue is that he is jealous that Fleck does a better job of bringing in transfers than his guys so he has to make it seem like a bad thing.

Depending on transfer players to fill a significant fraction of your two deep is a sign of poor high school recruiting and player development.
You totally have a landline phone, ask people for their fax numbers, and write your posts on an Apple II.

You totally have a landline phone, ask people for their fax numbers, and write your posts on an Apple II.
Plato's beeper is going off, can't respond to your post right now.

Top Bottom