And now Emilien joins the list in the portal

This one makes sense, and is probably normal for CFB in 2022. The expectation was that there would be a second wave of transfers nationwide after players see where they stand on the depth chart during spring practice.

There's CrAB, Wright, Brown-Stephens, Jackson, Brockington, and I don't remember who else in front of him.

Good luck kid. Thank you for committing, trying, and wish you nothing but the best.
Very disappointed as I thought he would be a big part of the team. Maybe it is a discussion with Coach and the best decision for both parties is transfer.

Who?

This one don’t hurt as much since I’ve never even heard of his name 🤷🏻‍♂️

Wright coming in and CAB coming back definitely jammed up his path to PT.
He’s played in 2 games in two seasons - I think his abilities are what limits his PT - this simply may be 2 high a level for him and not everyone recruited sees the field regularly and or makes meaningful contributions

It runs with the territory of having a "good program". You are going to lose talent that is not getting the opportunity to play. You fill in the talent every year. Injuries/covid have caused some older talent to hang on for another year and this causes a logjam at certain positions. The up and coming younger players see the clock ticking and want to "get their shot".

Ryan Burns is going to be a little sad. He was always super high on Emilien.

15 players! Maybe that's not a lot. But it sounds like a lot. My biggest takeaway is Ky is going to Kansas? Interesting career move...
Kansas has a good coach and will be a tough game going forward.

Kansas has a good coach and will be a tough game going forward.
Hadn't kept up on the coach. I just remembered they only won like 2 games last year. And haven't had a winning record since 2008. So for Ky's sake, I hope they're improving.

Hadn't kept up on the coach. I just remembered they only won like 2 games last year. And haven't had a winning record since 2008. So for Ky's sake, I hope they're improving.
Ky who?

looked at the list of transfers and realized I had forgotten about Cam Wiley.

again - if players do not want to play at MN, they should leave. You don't want players on the bench or in the locker room who don't want to be there - it's just not going to lead to a positive situation.

I do think that all of this is still part of the fall-out from the last few years: an extra covid year of eligibility - covid limits in recruiting and official visits - the new "free" transfer rule - NIL - all happening at once. this is the shake-down cruise, and it's going to be bumpy. as the covid players work their way through the system, and players use their 1 'free' transfer, it will settle down - but that is probably still a couple of years away at this point.

in the end, I think it means that coaches and players all need to re-evaluate the recruiting and decision process.

Coaches - don't make offers unless you are 100% sure you want that player at your school.
Players - don't make commitments unless you are 100% sure you want to attend that school.

like my HS shop teacher said, "measure twice, cut once."

looked at the list of transfers and realized I had forgotten about Cam Wiley.

again - if players do not want to play at MN, they should leave. You don't want players on the bench or in the locker room who don't want to be there - it's just not going to lead to a positive situation.

I do think that all of this is still part of the fall-out from the last few years: an extra covid year of eligibility - covid limits in recruiting and official visits - the new "free" transfer rule - NIL - all happening at once. this is the shake-down cruise, and it's going to be bumpy. as the covid players work their way through the system, and players use their 1 'free' transfer, it will settle down - but that is probably still a couple of years away at this point.

in the end, I think it means that coaches and players all need to re-evaluate the recruiting and decision process.

Coaches - don't make offers unless you are 100% sure you want that player at your school.
Players - don't make commitments unless you are 100% sure you want to attend that school.

like my HS shop teacher said, "measure twice, cut once."
Make sure you never take a job unless you’re 100% sure you’ll retire with the company.

Top Bottom