An appeal...

mplsbadger

Reaction score
On Saturday, October 2nd a new era of Gopher Big Ten football begins,.

A conference game will be played on campus for the first time in 27 years,

We will celebrate the pageantry, tradition and history of Gopher Football,

The Gophers will hear the roar of the crowd as they take the field for the first time...

...Wisconsin deserves to hear that same roar of the crowd

The Gophers will hear the roar of the crowd as they take the field for the first time...

I'm really not sure exactly how to respond to this so I'll just state the obvious:

NO!!

Wisconsin deserves to get taunted and booed until my throat is sore.

NOT A CHANCE IN HELL!!

Ya know what's going to be even more fun than October 2nd?? October 3rd!!! :D

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?:eek:
They deserve to be booed and taunted until their ears bleed.
NO FRICKING WAY. This is our blood rival, the last game at memorial BADger fans were pelted with snowballs, there have been multiple brawls in the game's history, the game was even cancelled by Teddy Roosevelt due to concern of death and bodily harm.
THEY DESERVE TO BE BOOED AND TAUNTED AND HOPEFULLY LEAVE THE STADIUM WITH A LOSS GROUND INTO THEM SO BADLY THAT THEY CRY INTO THEIR OLD MILWAKEE ALL THE WAY BACK TO MADISON!

Badgergopher,

Does the same courtesy to visiting teams happen in Madison?

Appeal denied.

I think he might have been joking ????? I'd hope so anyways....

You can cheer all you want for the weasels on October 2nd. You might be the only one though.

However, on October 3rd they deserve as much venom as we can muster.

I expect cheering when the Badgers score as well.

The only thing worse than a Badger fan, is a fan that cheers for both the Badgers and Gophers! I think both sides can agree to that.

Blow, winds! Blow until your cheeks crack! Rage on, blow! Let tornadoes spew water until the steeples of our churches and the weathervanes are all drowned. Let quick sulfurous lightning, strong enough to split enormous trees, singe the white hair on my head. Let thunder flatten the spherical world, crack open all the molds from which nature forms human beings, and spill all the seeds from which ungrateful humans grow! -- King Lear

That's downright warm and cuddly compared with what sort of greeting the Badgers should get. :D

Booing an opponent is the ultimate show of respect.

As the Badger team runs onto the field for the first time in TCF stadium history, it will tough for me to do anything besides holding back vomit.

They're doing their team walkthrough on Friday at the stadium. Was borderline queasy upon hearing they'd been permitted on the field.

I can't wait to BOO the red/white team from the east. I want them to wish they were back playing at the friendly Dome with 20k+ fans in red.

The only thing worse than a Badger fan, is a fan that cheers for both the Badgers and Gophers! I think both sides can agree to that.

No, the worst is a Marquette basketball fan that loves the Badger football team but loathes the basketball team.

badgopher does have a point, is it really wisconsins fault they suck as much as they do?

Just imagine how low their self esteems must be just having to live in Madison, is it really necessary to pile on with so much booing??

As the Badger team runs onto the field for the first time in TCF stadium history, it will tough for me to do anything besides holding back vomit.

Exactly. The bile will no doubt be rising up in my throat. Bleh.

No, the worst is a Marquette basketball fan that loves the Badger football team but loathes the basketball team.

Is this a common theme in Wisconsin? I only ask because I honestly don't know.:confused:

badgopher does have a point, is it really wisconsins fault they suck as much as they do?

Just imagine how low their self esteems must be just having to live in Madison, is it really necessary to pile on with so much booing??
I am very swiftly becoming a big fan of the poster known as "Schnoodler". Well done sir!! :clap:

We get same thing with St Cloud, Minn St, and Duluth fans with hockey/football. Not a bad thing, they just are not D1 at football, so makes sense.

I was impressed how he worked

Wisconsin and suck in there. Without going over the top. very nice layering job!

They're doing their team walkthrough on Friday at the stadium. Was borderline queasy upon hearing they'd been permitted on the field.

I'm going to take the day off from work, drop by campus, and boo them during their walkthrough.

Is this a common theme in Wisconsin? I only ask because I honestly don't know.:confused:

Definitely. Marquette has no football program so they adopt the Badgers as their FB team, but come basketball season they turn on the Badgers like none other. MU and UW play each other every year in hoops, and most games are pretty close. It was becoming the same way with UW-Milwaukee fans too, until Bruce Pearl left and the program fell off the map.

I'm really not sure exactly how to respond to this so I'll just state the obvious:

NO!!

Wisconsin deserves to get taunted and booed until my throat is sore.

A fellow fan of college football sent me the following article today. I'll pull a few excerpts here because they seem directly relevant to this discussion - but the entire article should serve as a reminder of what we should HOPE for the Gopher program/fans to become. And spare me the "Nebraska ran up the score on the Gophers" whining - not relevant to the message of the article. Knowing many fans in Nebraska and having been to games in Lincoln, I can assure you that what the writer describes is true whether they are playing a small directional school or their biggest rival (OU or CU).

http://www.espn1420.com/SportsBlogs/tabid/3710/EntryID/6695/Default.aspx

As soon as the patrons saw the Cajun gear, they wanted to talk...introduce themselves....'welcome to Lincoln'....'thanks so much for coming'. Hope you enjoy the game.....

Is this for real??

And, it continued throughout the evening and into the night. We made lots of friends. We Cajun people make friends pretty easily, but it's even easier when folks want to be friends.

In Lincoln, they all want to be your friend.

Gameday is different in Lincoln.

At each gate, the sight was the same. Hundreds lined up, waiting for the gates to open so they could get into the stadium and watch their team warm up.

By the time Nebraska came out, about 45 minutes before kickoff, the stadium was about 65% full. There was no "hey, let's stay outside and pound a few more beers."

Because it was gameday. And they came to see football.

By the time the band was ready to come out, 86000 strong were in their seats. They stood and clapped along when the Cornhusker Band played "Fight on Cajuns" to honor their guests. And when the band played "There is no Place Like Nebraska" I knew that the statement was true.

For the first time ever in my years covering the Cajuns, I did not hear a single boo when the Cajuns came out of their tunnel onto their sidelines; in fact, I heard a smattering of applause.

During the game, 86000 cheered as Nebraska rolled. They didn't leave at halftime to go out and start drinking (and remember it was 34-0 at the half)...

In the fourth quarter there were STILL over 80000 in the stands.

And when it ended, the fans stayed for another Cornhusker tradition. They applauded the Cajuns as they left the field.

Now you might say...sure, it's easy to clap for someone when you just beat them 55-0. But they do that when their team LOSES. The newspaper on Saturday morning reprinted a handwritten letter from Florida State coach Bobby Bowden after the Seminoles got a hard fought 18-14 win years ago. Yep, the Nebraska fans cheered them as they left.

Now I'm sure that I'm just dreaming, but I would really like to see this same level of class from fans of Gopher Nation whether the Gophs are playing SDSU, NDSU or Wisconsin or Iowa. Based on the posts I'm seeing here it appears there is a fat chance of that ever happening though. And I don't care if fans of other teams treat us poorly...can't we be better than them?

GO GOPHERS!!!

I don't stand around cheering a rotting turd on the side of the road. I don't cheer for the Badgers. but only because they suck.

Top Bottom