All Things TV Series Recommendations/Reviews

Timothy Olyphant talks about the last season of Justified.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/features/timothy-olyphant-end-of-justified-20150119

You got to know Leonard fairly well before he passed away, right? Do you feel like spending a lot of time with him helped you get a sense of who Raylan was?

All the good things about Raylan — they came directly from Elmore. You mentioned the old-fashioned manners and the stoic hero thing, but the thing about Raylan that people really responded to, if I had to guess, was that he seemed effortlessly cool. And that's Elmore Leonard to a tee. The guy was
genuinely cool. It was never a pose with him. You can go into any party or public gathering, and you'll see lots of people trying to act cool, and then there's always one person off in the corner, not doing much, who's the real deal. That was Elmore.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/features/timothy-olyphant-end-of-justified-20150119#ixzz3QethnEB1
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Peaky Blinders.

"The Peaky...F*cking Blinders!". Love it. Took me forever give it a shot, but it was very good.

Also, I see Vikings is set to start again soon. I enjoyed the first season and hope the long layoff doesn't derail the momentum this show had.

"The Peaky...F*cking Blinders!". Love it. Took me forever give it a shot, but it was very good.

Also, I see Vikings is set to start again soon. I enjoyed the first season and hope the long layoff doesn't derail the momentum this show had.

Pretty sure you missed a season. I thought this was the third season coming up?

May or Grace?

Love Vikings. Blood eagle was vicious.

Any fans of the show "Parenthood"? The series finished last week - a fantastic show with one of the best last episodes I've seen. It reminded me of Friday Night Lights (my all time favorite series, along with The Wire) where NBC had a show receiving critical acclaim, had a die-hard audience and struggled to find a big audience early on...yet got more popular as the show progressed and NBC stood by it and was rewarded. And similar to FNL, Parenthood ended perfectly. Anyway, a very well written drama that I imagine many families can find some similarities with some of the story lines throughout the show.

Go Braverman Family!!

Take a tape of the Gophers beating Iowa this past football season, and sleep in peace on your trip (s).

'Better Call Saul' premiers on sunday....with the second episode premiering on monday. Early reviews are pretty much universally positive with a few going as far as to say that this spinoff might actually eclipse 'Breaking Bad'. Hard to imagine.....especially with such a small sample.....but reviews are off the chart thus far.

Mid season premier of 'The Walking Dead' also is set for sunday night.

If any of you have Netflix.....I have been enjoying the original series 'Lilyhammer'. Stars Steve Van Zandt who you'll recognize as Silvio from 'The Sopranos' playing a mobster transplanted in Norway after ratting on a few higher ups. It's more of a black comedy than 'The Sopranos' but it is well written and worth a shot.

Got all caught up with Justified last night. Man, it's a good series. Introduced a few new characters this final season.

Anyone catch the final episode of Parks and Rec last night? Thoughts?

How ****ing sweet is Better Call Saul?

Totally has blown my expectations away.

Got all caught up with Justified last night. Man, it's a good series. Introduced a few new characters this final season.

Do you think that Ava is going to get out of the show alive?

"Wonderful things can happen when you sow seeds of distrust in a garden of assholes."

First three episodes were awesome. Monday's episode was a bore.

Not every episode can be great. Shows sometime need a moment of reflection or at least a breather from action. In my viewpoint anyways.

Anyone catch the final episode of Parks and Rec last night? Thoughts?

Yes. I was satisfied. The whole final season lacked what the previous seasons had, but it was still good. And I am glad it came to a conclusion instead of getting cancelled or left in purgatory.

If any of you have Netflix.....I have been enjoying the original series 'Lilyhammer'. Stars Steve Van Zandt who you'll recognize as Silvio from 'The Sopranos' playing a mobster transplanted in Norway after ratting on a few higher ups. It's more of a black comedy than 'The Sopranos' but it is well written and worth a shot.

And when not acting, he also plays guitar in the backup band for some guy from Jersey..........

'Better Call Saul' premiers on sunday....with the second episode premiering on monday. Early reviews are pretty much universally positive with a few going as far as to say that this spinoff might actually eclipse 'Breaking Bad'. Hard to imagine.....especially with such a small sample.....but reviews are off the chart thus far.

Mid season premier of 'The Walking Dead' also is set for sunday night.

Tried to get into it, just didn't do it for me.

Do you think that Ava is going to get out of the show alive?

"Wonderful things can happen when you sow seeds of distrust in a garden of assholes."

Gosh, she is walking a tightrope.
How about when the Marshals are in the room next door as the guy keeps getting cattle prodded? Then the one asks him for a fist bump? God, that was funny.
Steenburgen and Elliott have good characters.

Gosh, she is walking a tightrope.
How about when the Marshals are in the room next door as the guy keeps getting cattle prodded? Then the one asks him for a fist bump? God, that was funny.
Steenburgen and Elliott have good characters.

Read an interview with either Yost or Timothy Olyphant, where they said that scene was done as a "gift" to the audience who were upset that he, the prison guard who set Ava up, got away with it to easily.

They added that you shouldn't expect the character/actor to be making another appearance. :)

Also agree about Steenburgen and Elliott. Good characters and their ability to make them come to life makes them great. Wonder if either one of them will make it to the finale.

Yes. I was satisfied. The whole final season lacked what the previous seasons had, but it was still good. And I am glad it came to a conclusion instead of getting cancelled or left in purgatory.

Agreed. I thought the last season had a few strong episodes, and a few that flopped (an entire episode of Johnny Karate? Really?!) but the series finale was pretty good and this show got to go out on its own terms.

Ron Swanson is one of my all time favorite TV characters, and Jean Ralphio is one of my all time favorite "bit" TV characters.

Go Pawnee!!

Agreed. I thought the last season had a few strong episodes, and a few that flopped (an entire episode of Johnny Karate? Really?!) but the series finale was pretty good and this show got to go out on its own terms.

Ron Swanson is one of my all time favorite TV characters, and Jean Ralphio is one of my all time favorite "bit" TV characters.

Go Pawnee!!

You forgot about Councilman Jamm.

The episode where Jamm turned into Ron Swanson was the highlight of the final season.

Also love Jean Ralphio.

Anyone still watch Modern Family? I think it has been great this year, and last night's episode was brilliant.

The episode where Jamm turned into Ron Swanson was the highlight of the final season.

Also love Jean Ralphio.

Anyone still watch Modern Family? I think it has been great this year, and last night's episode was brilliant.

Yesterday's episode was awesome. Best of the season by far IMO.

Go Pawnee!!

""Parks and Recreation" not only introduced us to the ambitious, goofy and government-hating employees of the Parks Department -- it also unleashed seven seasons full of incredible minor characters. From the many unforgettable one-time cameos that surprised us (hey, Bill Murray!) to the staple Pawneeans (and some Eagletonians), there are many faces we're going to miss.

Before we say goodbye to Leslie & Co. in Tuesday's series finale, here's our ranking of the best "Parks" minor characters:"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/...ng_n_6737184.html?utm_hp_ref=comedy&ir=Comedy

So if you're looking forward to a great house of cards season, I can assure you that you won't find it in season 3.

Top Bottom