All Things TV Series Recommendations/Reviews

Like with most great dramas, the first 4-5 seasons are fantastic. After that?...

But definitely enjoy the first 4-5 seasons as they are great.

Go Dexter!!

That last season was just.... I don't even have words for how bad it was.

That last season was just.... I don't even have words for how bad it was.

I was one of the few that didn't have a huge problem with the last season. Was it amazing? No. But it wasn't a total dumpster fire in my opinion. I still enjoyed most of it.

The last season of breaking bad was amazing, which caused everyone to **** on Dexter.

The Shows we've watched recently and really enjoyed:

Orange is the New Black
House of Cards
Breaking Bad
Walking Dead
Freaks and Geeks

My all time favorite show remains HBO's Deadwood.

We finished the Homeland season last night. The season finale was a complete dud, which is odd because the previous 5-6 episodes were fantastic. For anyone that watches this series, I'd be curious of your feedback on how this season ended. I find Carrie's character completely devoid of personal relationships, and any time they try to have her talking about anything personal, it's awful TV, not to mention, they oddly threw in a new character that hasn't even been mentioned and we're supposed to care?! Very weird writing. I'm hoping the show sticks to its roots.

Go Gophers!!

I agree about the finale. I'm sorry, but having some closure every now and then isn't a BAD thing. I know it's popular to leave a few things hanging but good gawd, that Homeland finale just left you sitting there; and you're right, most of the season was pretty good.

In the end, all I really wanted was to see that Tasneem wench get shot in the face or blown up, and I got neither. WTF.

Nice to see Saul (Mandy Patinkin) back in the game though. I like his character for the most part.

I was one of the few that didn't have a huge problem with the last season. Was it amazing? No. But it wasn't a total dumpster fire in my opinion. I still enjoyed most of it.

The last season of breaking bad was amazing, which caused everyone to **** on Dexter.

100% agreed. It didn't live up to how great the first few seasons were, but the final season was nowhere near a dumpster fire.

My wife and I finally started watching Dexter. Made it through the first season in a week. Has not disappointed so far.

Season 4 with John Lithgow as the Trinity Killer is one of the best seasons of any show that I've ever seen.

Can you tell me when Breaking Bad will start getting good again? We've been watching it over the last few months. We really loved the first two seasons, third season was "meh", and the fourth season has been near-unwatchable for me. I'm trying to get through it because everyone tells me how great it is and I've already invested almost four full seasons, but I'm just not seeing it.

Can you tell me when Breaking Bad will start getting good again? We've been watching it over the last few months. We really loved the first two seasons, third season was "meh", and the fourth season has been near-unwatchable for me. I'm trying to get through it because everyone tells me how great it is and I've already invested almost four full seasons, but I'm just not seeing it.

For me. It was the last 8 episodes that were fantastic. I was in the same boat as you. I watched season 1 and 2 and loved it. Somewhere in season 3 and 4 I gave up on it, and didn't pick it back up till everyone said how awesome it was.

Season 5 is a gem. You just have to make it through season 3 and 4.

For me. It was the last 8 episodes that were fantastic. I was in the same boat as you. I watched season 1 and 2 and loved it. Somewhere in season 3 and 4 I gave up on it, and didn't pick it back up till everyone said how awesome it was.

Season 5 is a gem. You just have to make it through season 3 and 4.

Thanks for the pep talk. Season 4 is just plain brutal. It's become a chore to watch it (and convince the wife to watch along).

I just finished Fargo, it was one of my favorite tv shows' seasons I have ever watched. Excellent acting, great interweaving plot, crazy characters. It really has that Coen feel like the movie. Highly recommended.

Not gloating, but "The Affair" wins the Golden Globe. Good to know I'm not imagining that it's pretty good.

Thanks Dpo, you kind of convinced me to start watching Craig Ferguson again after ignoring him for a few years and now he is gone. I disagreed with you on him a while back and completely changed my view the last year or so. He will be missed. His last show was really a great way to end. Colbert's ending episode wasn't so good imo.

Ditto.

I've been ruthlessly hammered by friends/acquaintances who think it's the best show ever. I just never got that into it. Same with the wife and we don't always agree on things as far as entertainment. I agree completely, the first season or two it was interesting/enjoyable and then it just loses my interest. We took it through to the end and were left pretty much unsatisfied.

To each his own. It doesn't come close to The Wire or some others I have watched that were really good. Maybe my expectations were too damn high going in, which is probably the problem some people have who only started watching Dexter in the last year or so; you heard how so damn awesome it was, it's impossible to live up to expectations. I loved Dexter, really enjoyed it, but truth be told, if I went back and watched it now, it may not even live up to my own expectations/memory.

Maybe 6 months or a year from now I'll try Breaking Bad again but it just wasn't that good to me.

Thanks Dpo, you kind of convinced me to start watching Craig Ferguson again after ignoring him for a few years and now he is gone. I disagreed with you on him a while back and completely changed my view the last year or so. He will be missed. His last show was really a great way to end. Colbert's ending episode wasn't so good imo.

Glad to be of service. Ferguson is the man. I agree that Colbert's last episode was not good.

Glad to be of service. Ferguson is the man. I agree that Colbert's last episode was not good.

Just so you know - Suits returns January 28.

LL

The first two episodes of the last season of Park & Rec were really bad. Not off to a good start in the last abbreviated season of this otherwise really good series.

Go Pawnee!!

The first two episodes of the last season of Park & Rec were really bad. Not off to a good start in the last abbreviated season of this otherwise really good series. Go Pawnee!!

I agree on the first one, but I thought the second was excellent as usual.

Saul was good in moderation on Breaking Bad - so I can't imagine an entire series based around him, but I'll probably tune in for the first few episodes to see how the show starts out.

Go Walter White!!

Saul was good in moderation on Breaking Bad - so I can't imagine an entire series based around him, but I'll probably tune in for the first few episodes to see how the show starts out.

Go Walter White!!

Bleed

Do you know if this is a before, after or during the storyline of Breaking Bad? Have they divulged that information?

Bleed

Do you know if this is a before, after or during the storyline of Breaking Bad? Have they divulged that information?

I'm not Bleed (sorry for horning in), but it's set in 2002, six years before the Breaking Bad story.

I'll wait for Bleed's response.... I don't trust you.

;)

Thanks

dpodoll68 had this one covered. It sounds like Walter White and Jesse Pinkman are not slated to play a role yet, although if ratings sag, I'm sure a cameo will happen.

Go Walter White!!

The most recent season of, It's Always Sunny, has been pretty funny.

How to Get Away with Murder is back on Thursday. The Blacklist is back on Sunday. House of Cards a month out. True Detective on the horizon.

The drought is almost over. It's been so bad that people have actually confused Empire for a good show.

The American's and Suits are both back at it tonight.

Go Rachel Zane!!

How to Get Away with Murder is back on Thursday. The Blacklist is back on Sunday. House of Cards a month out. True Detective on the horizon.

The drought is almost over. It's been so bad that people have actually confused Empire for a good show.

The Walking Dead starts up soon as well.

Top Bottom