All Things Treyton Thompson Recruiting Thread (Class of 2021) UPDATE 6/15: MN Offers

Well, that's kind of disappointing. Just telling us that general recruiting is picking up on a highly-rated kid from Wisconsin within a Treyton Thomspon thread is a bit strange. I thought you maybe had something specific to Minnesota.
I meant for it to be in 2021 recruiting thread. Treyton recruiting news is finished. We do not want any news on that one.

Why hasn't Gard offered him? Hunter is currently ranked the #2 player in Wisconsin
They are full and would not take a second undersized guard. It good news for us that they have not offered.

per Shooter:

Rumors persist that 6-11 Gophers commitment Treyton Thompson of Alexandria, a top-100 recruit, is considering a transfer to Cretin-Derham Hall for his senior season this year.

Go Gophers!!

per Shooter:

Rumors persist that 6-11 Gophers commitment Treyton Thompson of Alexandria, a top-100 recruit, is considering a transfer to Cretin-Derham Hall for his senior season this year.

Go Gophers!!
This is intriguing might be true if he wants to get closer to home

per Shooter:

Go Gophers!!
Interesting in an interview about a month ago he seemed pretty set on going back to La Lumiere next season. Talked a lot about how helpful it was for him to get in their weight program and practice against good competition day in and day out.

Interesting in an interview about a month ago he seemed pretty set on going back to La Lumiere next season. Talked a lot about how helpful it was for him to get in their weight program and practice against good competition day in and day out.

It may have changed now he's a U commit and the pandemic

If playing together has any sort of positive impact on potentially getting Tre Holloman, I'd be in favor of that. Think Holloman is going to be a terrific player.
UW really likes him. Also know that Jeter had a strong relationship with him. Rob grabbed a tenacious player out of Currie this weekend.

Jeter was usually watching his son play. Word is Jeter was at two CDH games both against East Ridge.

Jeter was usually watching his son play. Word is Jeter was at two CDH games both against East Ridge.
not quite a "can confirm" but in the 3-4 CDH games I saw, it seemed like Conroy is the main Holloman recruiter. Pitino was at the CDH/De Lasalle game also, but that might have been to show the same firepower as Iowa because McCaffery was there also. Pitino, Gabe and Daniel were all sitting together

Izzo really likes him too..
Yep. So do i but i saw a leveling off and still concerned about his shooting. That said he is a team player, leader and great defensive fundamentals. Big asset for the right team.

Improved a lot this year. Holloman finished at the rim much better than last year. Finishing with both hands.

You are right about his shot it is a work in progress. He 34% from three last year and 37% this so trending in the right direction.

Improved a lot this year. Holloman finished at the rim much better than last year. Finishing with both hands.

You are right about his shot it is a work in progress. He 34% from three last year and 37% this so trending in the right direction.
Got a lot stronger and that improved his finishing. Not a ton of games against top competition. Again, really like him and recruiting him is not overwhelming as he has 7 power 6 offers. UW is the only uber successful program and they are a program we can pull a kid from. Heard Ohio State is making a move. The rest of the elite are either passing or full.I think OSU may offer before MSU. He is probably a top 20 point guard in his class.

Last edited:

Got a lot stronger and that improved his finishing. Not a ton of games against top competition. Again, really like him and recruiting him is not overwhelming as he has 7 power 6 offers. UW is the only uber successful program and they are a program we can pull a kid from. Heard Ohio State is making a move. The rest of the elite are either passing or full.I think OSU may offer before MSU. He is probably a top 20 point guard in his class.
Holloman is a good little player - would love to see him play here. The guy I’m most intrigued about who hasn’t really been mentioned much on GH is Tyrese Hunter from Racine, WI. Kid can straight up hoop - a backcourt of him and Mash would be elite.

Holloman is a good little player - would love to see him play here. The guy I’m most intrigued about who hasn’t really been mentioned much on GH is Tyrese Hunter from Racine, WI. Kid can straight up hoop - a backcourt of him and Mash would be elite.
Hunter is really coming on from where he was 2 years ago. Coached by Nick Bennett.

Hunter is really coming on from where he was 2 years ago. Coached by Nick Bennett.
Very good for us that Gard can’t offer Hunter. I suppose we should move this to the other thread or GopherBlood will show up at our houses tonight.

I am as guilty as anyone for posting in the wrong thread so i will post on this in the 2021

Yep. So do i but i saw a leveling off and still concerned about his shooting. That said he is a team player, leader and great defensive fundamentals. Big asset for the right team.

He's an elite level clapper as well. Kids gotta have ridiculously strong hands because when he claps (which is A LOT), you hear it.

Michigan State has already offered Tre. They did this past October.

Top Bottom